Harley gets the offer

we need WRs bad and they keep slow playing the fastest WR in SFL??? WTF?? and i don't get the height concerns either, kid looks a foot taller than Berrios or Bruce

Advertisement
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on here.

Seems like an obvious take.

It does not seem particularly complicated. There are at least two, probably three targets we have a legitimate shot at getting who are ahead of him on our coaches board. In my opinion, they are: Jeremiah Holloman, Devonta Smith, Marquise Brown.

We currently have two WR commits, if we land all three of the above targets that brings up the total commits to five, I doubt we would want to take six WR's this cycle.

Personally, I would take the three targets I listed above Harley, they all could contribute immediately in my opinion. Harley would probably need a redshirt. Though admittedly there is a high reward aspect to getting him.

Advertisement
Like tall WRs but I like speed everywhere even more. A big WR with great hands and ability to get open is great but that doesn't mean you turn away smaller really fast guys. All your WRs do not need to be tall.

It does not seem particularly complicated. There are at least two, probably three targets we have a legitimate shot at getting who are ahead of him on our coaches board. In my opinion, they are: Jeremiah Holloman, Devonta Smith, Marquise Brown.

We currently have two WR commits, if we land all three of the above targets that brings up the total commits to five, I doubt we would want to take six WR's this cycle.

Personally, I would take the three targets I listed above Harley, they all could contribute immediately in my opinion. Harley would probably need a redshirt. Though admittedly there is a high reward aspect to getting him.

Taking those other guys shouldn't preclude us from taking Harley. Our numbers overall are depleted, and we can take a big class.

Plus we're thin at WR. Coley and Lewis will be gone. That leaves:

Berrios (SR)
Harris (SR?)
Cager (rSO); coming of an ACL injury
Richards (SO)
Mullens (SO)
Langham (LOL)

Also, Pete said Dingle may not end up in this class.

Advertisement

Taking those other guys shouldn't preclude us from taking Harley. Our numbers overall are depleted, and we can take a big class.

Berrios (SR)
Harris (SR?)
Richards (SO)
Mullens (SO)
Langham (LOL)

I agree our numbers are depleted, no doubt. I still think we take five though. That would leave us with 11 WR's for next year, with only one of them graduating. That way in 2018 we can take another 3-4 and our depth will be back where it should be. Maybe they will drop Dingle for Harley, I would be ok with that.

I hope Langham transfers, with the talent we potentially have coming in at the position, there's very little chance he will get any meaningful snaps.

Berrios (SR)
Harris (SR?)
Richards (SO)
Mullens (SO)
Langham (LOL)

I agree our numbers are depleted, no doubt. I still think we take five though. That would leave us with 11 WR's for next year, with only one of them graduating. That way in 2018 we can take another 3-4 and our depth will be back where it should be. Maybe they will drop Dingle for Harley, I would be ok with that.

I hope Langham transfers, with the talent we potentially have coming in at the position, there's very little chance he will get any meaningful snaps.

I have a feeling we'll see a ton of attrition from the current roster. There are several guys who will never play here and shouldn't be on the roster, especially on the OL.

Berrios (SR)
Harris (SR?)
Richards (SO)
Mullens (SO)
Langham (LOL)

Can Langham play TE? He is huge and too slow for WR.

Advertisement
I think Harley ends up here in the end. No rush to offer. We will know where Holloman and Smith are going by January so we can always scoop and score with Harley with a few weeks left before NSD.

Need to offer this kid and get it over with. We need a talent infusion and he can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Wow. Okay, i get it now - offer this kid. Looks better than Dingle and little Joku, no offense to them.

If we keep waiting he won't come. Need his speed, question this staff if they don't pull the trigger we are not in the driver's seat for any of the big guys we want.

The only loh=gic I can think of is the staff feels very good with Devonta Smith.

Advertisement
Back