Hard to beat The cheaters

What? You have zero evidence of law breaking. And if anyone is breaking the law its the folks who are funding this conspiracy.

It’s pathetic that fans want feds to squeeze families of poor kids because the ncaa wont do its job. If you want the feds to do anything, go after the ncaa under RICO.

Not sure how you turned it into a black/white thing but the reality is that the families getting the benefits ARE breaking the law if they do not pay taxes.

If you got a $150k bonus at your job tomorrow, you'd have to pay taxes on it.

If you were a 4* recruit and your mom got a duffle bag of $150k cash and you didn't pay taxes on it you're breaking the law.

Advertisement
Again I’m not talking about putting these families away I’m talking about the feds threatening to go after anybody that takes money. That thread alone with change the landscape of recruiting in my opinion.
Do you understand what it means for the feds to ‘threaten’? What do you think they are threatening? [Hint: locking people up]

Also, why in the world should the U.S. taxpayers pay for federal resources to be deployed towards college football recruiting violations? Don’t we have more important priorities for the federal govt.?

Not sure how you turned it into a black/white thing but the reality is that the families getting the benefits ARE breaking the law if they do not pay taxes.

If you were a 4* recruit and your mom got a duffle bag of $150k cash and you didn't pay taxes on it you're breaking the law.
I didnt turn it into a black white thing. The people who proposed this dumb idea did. It’s simply a fact that the beneficiaries of SEC recruiting graft are overwhelmingly non-white, and the boosters of top 5-10 teams are overwhelmingly white. Those are realities. So along come some people who want the govt to lock up families of recruits, while proposing nothing about the boosters who are actually the dope peddlers here. Sounds like locking up addicts, while ignoring the dealers.

Oh, and I guarantee you a lot of those payments are unlawfully deducted. None of those boosters are 1099ing those kids. Nor paying gift taxes.

EXACTLY!! Why should we feel bad for poor families getting duffel bags of money. Just because they're poor we should feel bad and look away. They're breaking the law and should be held accountable. It's really easy to say to the school or booster "Sorry we're not interested in taking that bag.

Since the NCAA will NEVER do anything about it I think it's time to get the families to be held accountable. No one is forcing them to take the benefits and believe me they know what they're taking is against the law.

EXACTLY!! Why should we feel bad for poor families getting duffel bags of money. Just because they're poor we should feel bad and look away. They're breaking the law and should be held accountable. It's really easy to say to the school or booster "Sorry we're not interested in taking that bag.

Since the NCAA will NEVER do anything about it I think it's time to get the families to be held accountable. No one is forcing them to take the benefits and believe me they know what they're taking is against the law.
I pay my taxes. I expect everyone else to pay theirs or go to jail. Everyone should be treated the same. Equality

Advertisement
Do you understand what it means for the feds to ‘threaten’? What do you think they are threatening? [Hint: locking people up]

Also, why in the world should the U.S. taxpayers pay for federal resources to be deployed towards college football recruiting violations? Don’t we have more important priorities for the federal govt.?

sorry, guy fawkes, but most rational actors would consider federal tax evasion a rather serious transgression. that both payor and payee in this case are conspirators, seems to be lost on you. federal resources used to recover money due to the US Treasury are dollars well spent.

sorry, guy fawkes, but most rational actors would consider federal tax evasion a rather serious transgression. that both payor and payee in this case are conspirators, seems to be lost on you. federal resources used to recover money due to the US Treasury are dollars well spent.

Especially the amount of money flying around in recruiting.

Advertisement
Back