Hard to beat The cheaters

Advertisement
Everyone cheats, it’s just hard to beat the teams that don’t have a cap on their budget.
No! the NCAA, the police, only and rarely investigate teams, selective enforcement. The NCAA owes their existence to these very same athletes and schools and are not going to jeopardize the common perception amateur athletes getting a free education. Like the article said everybody know what's going on, but how do you prove it when nobody will cooperate. I personally have enjoyed lots partying, nice cars and eating out on the cheaters dime. I could go on, but I will end with this, Miami had better not try it because they are not part of the good ol boy anglo saxon establishment that has never played fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Everyone cheats, it’s just hard to beat the teams that don’t have a cap on their budget.
agree most if not all do it, just some go all out cause they care. Some dont cause they want to pocket there money and make themselves richer. Just boils down to who loves there team more

Advertisement
No! the NCAA, the police, only and rarely investigate teams, selective enforcement. The NCAA owes their existence to these very same athletes and schools and are not going to jeopardize the common perception amateur athletes getting a free education. Like the article said everybody know what's going on, but how do you prove it when nobody will cooperate. I personally have enjoyed lots partying, nice cars and eating out on the cheaters dime. I could go on, but I will end with this, Miami had better not try it because they are not part of the good ol boy anglo saxon establishment that has never played fair by any stretch of the imagination.

The hypocrisy is the NCAA's selective enforcement. Harbaugh made a veiled comment about the "Southern schools". We all know who he's referring to.

Advertisement
I find it hard to believe Michigan and Penn State don't cheat. Maybe the coaches don't first hand, but the boosters, please. Those 2 teams have gotten their share of really highly ranked national players. But yeah the SEC is at another level plus they don't have to hide it.

This is what has worried me for years. Our coaches work so hard to persuade top talented kids that UM is the place for them and the cheaters swoop in and offer financial package that we cannot or just won't compete with. We're afraid of the NCAA. The SEC owns the NCAA.

Eventually, the cheaters will ruin what has made them so successful.

And you never see honest aggressive sports reporters pushing the issue with SEC officials, coaches or players. Wasn't Yahoo aggressive with USC and Reggie Bush and then later us, but never the SEC?

The hypocrisy is the NCAA's selective enforcement. Harbaugh made a veiled comment about the "Southern schools". We all know who he's referring to.
I suspect it IS worse with the SEC+1, the +1 being Clemson. I don't know if FSU cheating is anywhere near SEC/Clemson level.

Naming names is very risky...there would be all kinds of retribution. If there could be some kind of pressure, maybe from the media, to force a good investigation, perhaps by feds and/or NCAA, it would be a start.

In my mind, this is much much worse than some stupid B-list actress bribing the USC water polo coach to get his daughter in. She probably had no criminal intent just thought this is the way it's done

Advertisement
Naming names is very risky...there would be all kinds of retribution. If there could be some kind of pressure, maybe from the media, to force a good investigation, perhaps by feds and/or NCAA, it would be a start.

In my mind, this is much much worse than some stupid B-list actress bribing the USC water polo coach to get his daughter in. She probably had no criminal intent just thought this is the way it's done

Not when alot of the media writers are from sec schools....or espn who has their hand in the sec for their ratings and network.

Fox sports or bleacher report or 1 of them did a big good doc on ole miss/ miss state and that 1 LB recruit that got paid off.

Advertisement
I find it hard to believe Michigan and Penn State don't cheat. Maybe the coaches don't first hand, but the boosters, please. Those 2 teams have gotten their share of really highly ranked national players. But yeah the SEC is at another level plus they don't have to hide it.
It’s the same idea of richt not cheating at UGA. Sure he didn’t cheat per se, but boosters were buying top five and ten classes consistently for him whether he knew it or not. His class before he was fired was #1 in the country.

James coley, the consummate bag man couldn’t recruit **** when at Miami yet was highly coveted by Jimbo at FSU and is so coveted by Kirby that he’s been promoted to OC.

If you’re at a program with massive amounts of resources then you can cheat til your hearts content. If you have limited resources a la Miami, you can try to cheat but won’t get very far due to those limitations.

Everyone cheats, resources is the differentiator.

**** the ncaa

I saw this earlier this morning and thought I'll post a link since it's germane to much of the conversation on here. Interesting comments from Harbaugh.

'Hard To Beat The Cheaters': Harbaugh, Michigan At College Football Crossroads

This is why I feel the Feds need to start going after the families. If the schools and boosters are good at hiding I can guarantee you the families aren't as slick. This will then start to make the families more accountable (and scared) that they won't let a kid take money. JMO

This is what has worried me for years. Our coaches work so hard to persuade top talented kids that UM is the place for them and the cheaters swoop in and offer financial package that we cannot or just won't compete with. We're afraid of the NCAA. The SEC owns the NCAA.

Eventually, the cheaters will ruin what has made them so successful.

And you never see honest aggressive sports reporters pushing the issue with SEC officials, coaches or players. Wasn't Yahoo aggressive with USC and Reggie Bush and then later us, but never the SEC?
In many ways they already have ruined it. There's MAYBE 4-5 teams tops that actually have a chance to win a title. The rest are playing for crappy bowl games and the fans

Advertisement
Back