Hard Rock seriously...

QuattroCane

Junior
How can you invent 100’s of millions in renovations and the field look alike a cow pasture, unacceptable.
Reminds me of the old Citrus bowl turf vs Wisconsin.

Advertisement
The field and fields crew used to be one of best around.. but when they put roof on stadium they switched the type of grass they always used and for last 2 years the field has been terrible.. don't know if it's the same grounds crew but I can imagine they are just as frustrated..

The new grass is terrible.. it cant hold up in one game nevertheless multiple games weekly.. I don't know what solution they have.. they need to go back to old grass and bring in lamps or something.. don't think it's possible tho

How can you invent 100’s of millions in renovations and the field look alike a cow pasture, unacceptable.
Reminds me of the old Citrus bowl turf vs Wisconsin.

I couldn’t agree more. I made the same comment several times throughout the game. The field was atrocious. Why not just go with field turf with all of the rain in south Florida and two teams using the field.

Advertisement
Not sure why we are complaining. Miami was able to make sharp cuts in the grass, GT wasn't.

Rosier slipped and sacked himself literally the first play of the game

Who gives a ****. The rain and field prevented that team from pitching the ball the whole second half. That was the difference in defense. Idiots complaining about field for no reason

Speaking of Hard Rock, The crowd noise was amazing!!! Kudo's to the fans who showed up and helped in that department...

The field and fields crew used to be one of best around.. but when they put roof on stadium they switched the type of grass they always used and for last 2 years the field has been terrible.. don't know if it's the same grounds crew but I can imagine they are just as frustrated..

The new grass is terrible.. it cant hold up in one game nevertheless multiple games weekly.. I don't know what solution they have.. they need to go back to old grass and bring in lamps or something.. don't think it's possible tho

Bermuda grass wouldn't hold up with the canopy. They tried it at Marlins Park with the roof and it died almost immediately.

Should be field turf either way.

Advertisement
Not sure why we are complaining. Miami was able to make sharp cuts in the grass, GT wasn't.

Who gives a ****. The rain and field prevented that team from pitching the ball the whole second half. That was the difference in defense. Idiots complaining about field for no reason

dont you knaw that significant percentage of the miami "fan" base will complain about anything they can, when we win the 6th natty, they are gonna complain about something then too. fuggin children

Yeah the turf at HRS is an abomination. It’s time to install artificial turf. Even division III schools have artificial turf fields these days.

dont you knaw that significant percentage of the miami "fan" base will complain about anything they can, when we win the 6th natty, they are gonna complain about something then too. fuggin children

Does it take one of our players tearing up their knee for people to realize that the field is a serious problem?

players tear their knees up on turf, in grass, in dry conditions, in wet conditions, during snow, during night games, during day games etc. So I guess we ought not play in any of those circumstances either? fug it, lets just make everyone an avatar and have them play remoet control

Advertisement
Whats even worse is the Dolphins have to play on that same field today.

Edit. Dolphins are a road team today. So the field will not be an issue..

Last edited:
Man, you guys really know how to bytch about anything, real or not, important or not. And almost all of the time, its NOT.

Advertisement
Man, you guys really know how to bytch about anything, real or not, important or not. And almost all of the time, its NOT.

You can't deny the turf did poorly with that rain. It was real bad. It is 2017, if the grass isn't draining well then it is time for a change.

If you don’t think something that effects both the players health as well as their play is important that’s fine, but don’t post and show your ignorance.

Speaking of Hard Rock, The crowd noise was amazing!!! Kudo's to the fans who showed up and helped in that department...

My 2 sons and I made an 8 hour round trip to see our first game at Hard Rock... It was phenomenal atmosphere...loud and electric.... loved the stadium and tailgating... Any Cane fan who complains about not having an stadium on campus needs to go jump in the sea... puleeze this is better than anything we could have come up with... the sound, the atmosphere and the stadium as a whole is better than most college stadiums. We are lucky to have the facilities that most colleges would die for.
If I lived any where close to Miami, I would make it to every home game... some of you homies need to get your a$$ out there ..

... and enough with your complaining ... with the torrential rains you get in S Florida, this is the best you can hope for... there is no drainage system that could drain out the rain from yesterday .... so quit complaining

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back