Hard Rock Confusion

I've been a season ticket holder for 19 years now. Only missed a handful of games thru the years. I have 2 questions for someone with answers.

1. Why do we have large blocks of empty seats in the lower level every game? I understand the upper deck is going to have some empty spots, but why is there a huge rectangular area in the west endzone that is always empty? There's also a big section near the band. If those are unsold tickets, why are they all in one place... it just makes it look worse.

2. Anybody notice how bad the audio is this year? I can't hear anything in section 316. Are the speakers all blown out?

Advertisement
I've been a season ticket holder for 19 years now. Only missed a handful of games thru the years. I have 2 questions for someone with answers.

1. Why do we have large blocks of empty seats in the lower level every game? I understand the upper deck is going to have some empty spots, but why is there a huge rectangular area in the west endzone that is always empty? There's also a big section near the band. If those are unsold tickets, why are they all in one place... it just makes it look worse. BAND

2. Anybody notice how bad the audio is this year? I can't hear anything in section 316. Are the speakers all blown out? i hear plenty in the 100s.

1. Why do we have large blocks of empty seats in the lower level every game? I understand the upper deck is going to have some empty spots, but why is there a huge rectangular area in the west endzone that is always empty? There's also a big section near the band. If those are unsold tickets, why are they all in one place... it just makes it look worse.

2. Anybody notice how bad the audio is this year? I can't hear anything in section 316. Are the speakers all blown out?
they're student section tickets as well. they were full of students last year for FSU game n the rest of the year they were empty. the same with the sections in the upper bowl directly above the student section.

Advertisement
sooooo, I spent some time thinking about the crowd/seat issues this last game. The biggest problem IMO is that is setup as a Pro stadium, and not a college stadium. Everyone around the country can talk crap about us, but fact is, we play in a Pro stadium with Pro amenities.
- The big baller blue cushion seat section on the 50yardline is a horrible decision as far as appearances and having a packed 50yrd line section. The seats are large comfy style chairs, are spaced out too far and makes the whole section look empty. Plus, that's the section that has a full bar and buffet style food under neither with AC and tv's. ... so our non-fanatical fans opt to watch the game in the AC.
- Same thing applies to any of the lower and middle bowl sections... they stay on the inside Air Conditioned sections for longer periods of time when going to buy food and drinks. ****, the stadium caters to it by providing tons of seating and TV's. Pro amenities. Traditional/older college stadiums don't have any of that and they pack them in their seats like sardines.
- The Band section is ridiculous in size compared to the small amount of band members we have. They need to take half of that away and give it to fans.

The main isssue is that for whatever reason after the renovation from Ross, they never went through with the renderings for UM games that were promised which was either a tarp or a drape looking banner that blocked off the end zone upper decks. I get why UM wants those seats for big games but that’s max 25-30% of the games each year. The second biggest issue in my opinion is that on the visitor side, unless it’s FSU or TAMU-like program, they NEVER sell their allotments so there’s huge swaths of seats on the visitor camera side and UM can never fill those seats. Lastly, the students point blank just suck and can’t fill up 4 total sections of a lower bowl unless it’s an FSU night game so again on the visitor camera side you have 2-3 visitor sections half empty and 2-3 student sections mostly empty.

Rado needs to get with Ross and figure out how to get them to put something over those upper deck seats and sell them as single game tickets for
Big games at a premium.

Only at Miami do our own folks hate on the band. Those kids are there for YOUR school, playing YOUR fight song. How about being nice. Good grief.
no one is hating on them. It's a head scratcher in general about why is their section about triple the size in seats compared to their size as a band? It does look bad, and that's a lower bowl section that you could sell tickets to more fans. I get they probably need a couple of rows of buffering between them and fans, but not the huge section they currently have. I'm not saying moving them either. Keep them there on the lower part and just put fans above them, or reverse if you are concerned with fans throwing stuff at them from above.

Advertisement
empty seats are the band/student section. The worst part of the new configuration of the stadium is by far the new parking. Moving Orange to East lot sucks for our group and a lot of people by us. On top of that the new entrance is brutal with the merging of turnpike the biggest thing is that we sit in section 102 and its a trek.

Only at Miami do our own folks hate on the band. Those kids are there for YOUR school, playing YOUR fight song. How about being nice. Good grief.
NO ONE said anything negative about the band, lol.. Someone asked a question and it was answered with truth, nothing negative. Saying the band is small is just the truth, talk about being a victim..

Advertisement
If those are in fact student seats, what a shame. There were plenty of students in the parking lot getting hammered. The school should give them out to facility staff and essential workers. At the very least, they should spread the students out so you don't see huge lower level sections empty. Between the strange seating groups, bad speakers and horrible music selection, they need to figure this stuff out. The team is getting better, so they need to start doing better too. Not to mention, the entire upper deck smells like rancid cooking oil. I told my wife, once the kids are off to college, we are upgrading to the lower level.

the students all stay on campus and party at fraternities during games. I’m shocked they haven’t come down on those parties so more students would go to games. It’s a shame but I also understand their thought process. 45+ minutes to games and than depending on how many students go you might wait an hour+ after the game just to get on a bus back to campus.

We have so many issues playing at Hard Rock Stadium it’s comical at this point.

Advertisement
The main isssue is that for whatever reason after the renovation from Ross, they never went through with the renderings for UM games that were promised which was either a tarp or a drape looking banner that blocked off the end zone upper decks. I get why UM wants those seats for big games but that’s max 25-30% of the games each year. The second biggest issue in my opinion is that on the visitor side, unless it’s FSU or TAMU-like program, they NEVER sell their allotments so there’s huge swaths of seats on the visitor camera side and UM can never fill those seats. Lastly, the students point blank just suck and can’t fill up 4 total sections of a lower bowl unless it’s an FSU night game so again on the visitor camera side you have 2-3 visitor sections half empty and 2-3 student sections mostly empty.

Rado needs to get with Ross and figure out how to get them to put something over those upper deck seats and sell them as single game tickets for
Big games at a premium.

I had to look so **** hard for this image but here it is. I agree that Miami should look into doing this. Those two endzone sections are about 12,000 seats. So the stadium would become 53,000 with those tarped/bannered off. If they had been blocked for A&M (not that they should need it for that game) but that would have been almost a "full" stadium. Honestly, I prefer the banners because I think it creates a canyon look that is more imposing that just sticking tarps over seats. Although they might create some wind issues.

canes-banners.jpg

Last edited:
I had to look so **** hard for this image but here it is. I agree that Miami should look into doing this.

View attachment 256080
Just make it easy for stadium crew who half the games have to turnaround for a 1pm
Dolphin games but closing those off forces people to the other sections. Right now it’s just so embarrassing because the visitor side in the image is the TV side and I circled the sections that will ALWAYS have a problem lol it’s a nightmare for viewing UM from afar and judging attendance

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 1

Big games at a premium.
Need the drape/tarp thing 100%

Advertisement
Back