Hard Rock Confusion

I had to look so **** hard for this image but here it is. I agree that Miami should look into doing this. Those two endzone sections are about 12,000 seats. So the stadium would become 53,000 with those tarped/bannered off. If they had been blocked for A&M (not that they should need it for that game) but that would have been almost a "full" stadium. Honestly, I prefer the banners because I think it creates a canyon look that is more imposing that just sticking tarps over seats.

Love this

Advertisement
sooooo, I spent some time thinking about the crowd/seat issues this last game. The biggest problem IMO is that is setup as a Pro stadium, and not a college stadium. Everyone around the country can talk crap about us, but fact is, we play in a Pro stadium with Pro amenities.
- The big baller blue cushion seat section on the 50yardline is a horrible decision as far as appearances and having a packed 50yrd line section. The seats are large comfy style chairs, are spaced out too far and makes the whole section look empty. Plus, that's the section that has a full bar and buffet style food under neither with AC and tv's. ... so our non-fanatical fans opt to watch the game in the AC.
- Same thing applies to any of the lower and middle bowl sections... they stay on the inside Air Conditioned sections for longer periods of time when going to buy food and drinks. ****, the stadium caters to it by providing tons of seating and TV's. Pro amenities. Traditional/older college stadiums don't have any of that and they pack them in their seats like sardines.
- The Band section is ridiculous in size compared to the small amount of band members we have. They need to take half of that away and give it to fans.
Those pro amenities are how stadiums make money now. All over the country. schools are scrambling to add luxury sections and boxes to their stadiums. There was a viral photo last week from the colosseum where a dude was sitting in a seat with his line of sight completely blocked by a giant wall. You could only see like from the 5 yard line to the endzone and the rest of the field was blocked. The big wall was for added boxes. Stadiums will be getting rid of sections of cheaper seats in order to cater to smaller sections of very expensive seats. Instead of trying to get 80,000 people to buy $20 tickets, the new goal is to get 40,000 people to buy $50 tickets.

it's not just stadiums who are catering to smaller, wealthier clientele either. Go to the movies now. Every theater has big, reclining seats with plenty of space and cup holders, full service bars and even table service for food and drinks. There's significantly fewer seats in each theater but they're charging double or even triple the price they used to. As a smaller percentage of citizens control a larger portion of the money, more and more businesses will cater to them.

the students all stay on campus and party at fraternities during games. I’m shocked they haven’t come down on those parties so more students would go to games. It’s a shame but I also understand their thought process. 45+ minutes to games and than depending on how many students go you might wait an hour+ after the game just to get on a bus back to campus.

We have so many issues playing at Hard Rock Stadium it’s comical at this point.

You mean they didn’t even head to the Titanic Watch Party… troubling

At the very least, they should spread the students out so you don't see huge lower level sections empty.
the students last game filled out the entire bottom bowl they are allowed to sit in. The only empty area is the area they allocate for the band, which is comically large in comparison to the size of the band. They do that tho cause of the lack of attendance, fills up more space, and is easier in band members.

Just make it easy for stadium crew who half the games have to turnaround for a 1pm
Dolphin games but closing those off forces people to the other sections. Right now it’s just so embarrassing because the visitor side in the image is the TV side and I circled the sections that will ALWAYS have a problem lol it’s a nightmare for viewing UM from afar and judging attendance
This is the issue, perception is everything. The optics just look bad because the tv cameras face that side, any other view of stadium and it looks awesome but cameras face the visitor side with band.

People always want to hate on city of miami fans who support the school and stick their nose up at them but they are going to be the ones that fill the stadium. Mario knows that, some others...

Advertisement
Only at Miami do our own folks hate on the band. Those kids are there for YOUR school, playing YOUR fight song. How about being nice. Good grief.

c5a2d692-8b51-4ff5-8bae-6609783c150b_text.gif

Advertisement
I've been a season ticket holder for 19 years now. Only missed a handful of games thru the years. I have 2 questions for someone with answers.

1. Why do we have large blocks of empty seats in the lower level every game? I understand the upper deck is going to have some empty spots, but why is there a huge rectangular area in the west endzone that is always empty? There's also a big section near the band. If those are unsold tickets, why are they all in one place... it just makes it look worse.

2. Anybody notice how bad the audio is this year? I can't hear anything in section 316. Are the speakers all blown out?
I didn't notice it this past game, but the first game of the season the audio was god awful. It was like muffled & unclear. This past week I didn't notice any of that issue.

Only at Miami do our own folks hate on the band. Those kids are there for YOUR school, playing YOUR fight song. How about being nice. Good grief.
Maybe they turn up the volume for the National Anthem!

Would love the U to own the presentation of the anthem. Bring in singers to do it justice.

they're student section tickets as well. they were full of students last year for FSU game n the rest of the year they were empty. the same with the sections in the upper bowl directly above the student section.
Yeah so let’s build a stadium on/near Campus so they can ignore that too. That little fact has not changed since I stepped on campus in 71, yeah students even ignored the Sainted OB.

Advertisement
the students all stay on campus and party at fraternities during games. I’m shocked they haven’t come down on those parties so more students would go to games. It’s a shame but I also understand their thought process. 45+ minutes to games and than depending on how many students go you might wait an hour+ after the game just to get on a bus back to campus.

We have so many issues playing at Hard Rock Stadium it’s comical at this point.
It was the same thing when I was a student and we played in the OB and plenty of people took the Metrorail to Overton to get on a bus. These are just excuses people keep regurgitating. The reality is UM charges a student activity fee so they section off 15k+ seats for students when 7k max actually would ever show up even for an FSU game.

Advertisement
Back