Harbor 2.2

Advertisement
I guess I should have said the area of Los Angeles I live is much different.

The homeless problem from 2000-now is next level difference imo
lol try sf
But there are plenty of worse places than california. major cities get a lot of **** but most non-major cities are far better than their equivalents in most other states.

lol try sf
But there are plenty of worse places than california. major cities get a lot of **** but most non-major cities are far better than their equivalents in most other states.
My childhood best friend owns in sf. He’s married with a toddler and actively trying to get out of that cesspool

Advertisement
I guess I should have said the area of Los Angeles I live is much different.

The homeless problem from 2000-now is next level difference imo
Well, I’ve lived in Venice, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, West Valley, and now Mid-City.

I agree the homeless problem is bad in many areas, including near me. Was bad in V/SM when first moved here.

Advertisement
Well, I’ve lived in Venice, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, West Valley, and now Mid-City.

I agree the homeless problem is bad in many areas, including near me. Was bad in V/SM when first moved here.
Santa Monica has gone down hills. Idk why anyone would live there. Rents high and unless you’re affluent enough to live north of Montana ave the homeless are in bathrooms dropping ***** on the floor and using drugs on that park on Wilshire and 26 by erwehon and the library. Seen it more times than I like.

Having lived in Venice pre Covid and during Covid it was a nightmare. Cars getting jacked with response times over hours. My buddy had his Cadillac converter jacked twice on Barrington in mar vista twice this month which is a nice area.

Last week at the cvs in mar vista on sepulveda I saw a team of 4 people just blatantly rob the place and walk out a care in the world with cvs staff just watching it unfold.

Agree about Hollywood having lived there, nothing has changed except new luxury apartment buildings but still people doing drugs etc off the doorsteps. The places I feel safe is Culver City (not LA) which is where I recently moved to but is booming with a great downtown scene by Sony studios.

Outside of extremely affluent neighborhoods like Pacific Palisades, bel air and Brentwood but even Brentwood has homeless now that I don’t remember 5 years ago.

Also the income inequality is on another level in the city progressing at record rates with lip speaking service to cleaning up, investing in helping homeless and drug rehabilitation accessibility. The school district is a mess.

Sherman Oaks is very nice
West Valley is great
Mid City i never lived or hung out but miracle mile by Beverly Hills has changed for worse imo
The west valley is also pretty well off from Woodland Hills to calabasas

But agree to disagree. I’m looking to leave in a year from a city I loved living in

Last edited:
Santa Monica has gone down hills. Idk why anyone would live there. Rents high and unless you’re affluent enough to live north of Montana ave the homeless are in bathrooms dropping ***** on the floor and using drugs on that park on Wilshire and 26 by erwehon and the library. Seen it more times than I like.

Having lived in Venice pre Covid and during Covid it was a nightmare. Cars getting jacked with response times over hours. My buddy had his Cadillac converter jacked twice on Barrington in mar vista twice this month which is a nice area.

Last week at the cvs in mar vista on sepulveda I saw a team of 4 people just blatantly rob the place and walk out a care in the world with cvs staff just watching it unfold.

Agree about Hollywood having lived there, nothing has changed except new luxury apartment buildings but still people doing drugs etc off the doorsteps. The places I feel safe is Culver City (not LA) which is where I recently moved to but is booming with a great downtown scene by Sony studios.

Outside of extremely affluent neighborhoods like Pacific Palisades, bel air and Brentwood but even Brentwood has homeless now that I don’t remember 5 years ago.

Also the income inequality is on another level in the city progressing at record rates with lip speaking service to cleaning up, investing in helping homeless and drug rehabilitation accessibility. The school district is a mess.

Sherman Oaks is very nice
West Valley is great
Mid City i never lived or hung out but miracle mile by Beverly Hills has changed for worse imo
The west valley is also pretty well off from Woodland Hills to calabasas

But agree to disagree. I’m looking to leave in a year from a city I loved living in
I hear ya, not disagreeing. My point is LA was no paradise in the mid-80s-thru-90s. An aunt I lived with for awhile then managed two different homeless shelters, one downtown (Skid Row) and another in Hollywood. Thankless job. For all the political lip service about helping people, no one in power wants to unless one, they can claim credit for it and two, the solutions have no impact on them.

When I lived in V/SM in 1985 and 1989-92 there was a considerable homeless problem, and gangs were strong in Venice. Cars were broken into all the time. Parking was a nightmare, and unless you had off-street parking don’t move your car on weekends. The problems only got worse when Venice Blvd was widened all the way to Pacific. More traffic, more gang issues. The last few times I’ve ventured over Venice did seem more gentrified. Which raises housing prices and pushes out those who can no longer afford it.

And although I’m 10 years sober I kinda miss my old Venice bar, the Sidewalk Cafe. Could walk there from my apartment a few blocks away. Bartenders all knew me and regulars usually drank off the books. Sigh, the old days.

Culver City by Sony does seem nice. Driven through a few times recently.

I live a few blocks from Melrose and La Brea. Hancock Park. And have had my catalytic converters (two, pickup truck) ripped out three times in 12 years, most recent the weekend before this past Christmas. Thanks to AAA, a $4000 repair job only cost me $500.

And yes, Los Angeles’ housing and housing crisis is off the charts, no doubt. Rents and home prices are high everywhere.

On my street most of the properties, nice large apartments and duplexes, were built in the 30s-40s. Twice someone purchased only to demolish the building and replace with a modern 4-5 unit housing complex. Garage on first floor, living areas on second and third. Maybe a rooftop deck.

Asking price, per unit? $1.5M. I laugh, only two of the five units across the street from me have sold.

Will leave when I retire in another 5-7 years.

Last edited:
I hear ya, not disagreeing. My point is LA was no paradise in the mid-80s-thru-90s. An aunt I lived with for awhile then managed two different homeless shelters, one downtown (Skid Row) and another in Hollywood. Thankless job. For all the political lip service about helping people, no one in power wants to unless one, they can claim credit for it and two, the solutions have no impact on them.

When I lived in V/SM in 1985 and 1989-92 there was a considerable homeless problem, and gangs were strong in Venice. Cars were broken into all the time. Parking was a nightmare, and unless you had off-street parking don’t move your car on weekends. The problems only got worse when Venice Blvd was widened all the way to Pacific. More traffic, more gang issues. The last few times I’ve ventured over Venice did seem more gentrified. Which raises housing prices and pushes out those who can no longer afford it.

And although I’m 10 years sober I kinda miss my old Venice bar, the Sidewalk Cafe. Could walk there from my apartment a few blocks away. Bartenders all knew me and regulars usually drank off the books. Sigh, the old days.

I live a few blocks from Melrose and La Brea. Hancock Park. And have had my catalytic converters (two, pickup truck) ripped out three times in 12 years, most recent the weekend before this past Christmas. Thanks to AAA, a $4000 repair job only cost me $500.

And yes, Los Angeles’ housing and housing crisis is off the charts, no doubt. Rents and home prices are high everywhere.

On my street most of the properties, nice large apartments and duplexes, were built in the 30s-40s. Twice someone purchased only to demolish the building and replace with a modern 4-5 unit housing complex. Garage on first floor, living areas on second and third. Maybe a rooftop deck.

Asking price, per unit? $1.5M. I laugh, only two of the five units across the street from me have sold.

L.A once upon a time was the murder capital during the crack era in the 80’s. Venice has always been sketchy due to the drug scene & gang scene over there. I worked in Culver City for yrs, but there’s always been two sides of Culver City. U go to the Fox Hills Mall & might get robbed or beat up if u’re from the wrong neighborhood. Lower Culver was & still is considered The Barrios. However, going towards West LA, it’s all good.

I’ve told ppl for yrs when moving to L.A; stop allowing TV fool u. Some of the nicer neighborhoods have hidden dangers. Sherman Oaks had a Russian Mafia running high end car jacking (I would know b/c I insured one of their dolls who kept switching out high end cars). The key to LA is be cool; I wouldn’t classify any neighborhood as “safe.” There r just some that r safer than others, but u still have to watch urself.

If anything, most cities w/in the OC would be classified as safe b/c their units ain’t on no bull chit. They will hunt u down. But, I personally feel comfortable wherever I am.

Advertisement
L.A once upon a time was the murder capital during the crack era in the 80’s. Venice has always been sketchy due to the drug scene & gang scene over there. I worked in Culver City for yrs, but there’s always been two sides of Culver City. U go to the Fox Hills Mall & might get robbed or beat up if u’re from the wrong neighborhood. Lower Culver was & still is considered The Barrios. However, going towards West LA, it’s all good.

I’ve told ppl for yrs when moving to L.A; stop allowing TV fool u. Some of the nicer neighborhoods have hidden dangers. Sherman Oaks had a Russian Mafia running high end car jacking (I would know b/c I insured one of their dolls who kept switching out high end cars). The key to LA is be cool; I wouldn’t classify any neighborhood as “safe.” There r just some that r safer than others, but u still have to watch urself.

If anything, most cities w/in the OC would be classified as safe b/c their units ain’t on no bull chit. They will hunt u down. But, I personally feel comfortable wherever I am.

Can you please put this in a way that I can understand? I was with you til the end:
their units ain’t on no bull chit

Is Glendale still free from the problems listed above?

Advertisement
Trust me, he said. I'll hire an awesome offensive coordinator, he said. This mythical offensive coordinator will feature you in his offense, he said. There is no need to visit, he said. Just hold your breath and sign on the dotted line.... He Said.

Let's see if my reverse luck can work here.......

Definitely not coming! No chance in ****.

Advertisement
Back