Harbaugh's Michigan demolishing BYU!

Who's making excuses? I thought byu was good but apparently they are not as good as I thought. Sh*t happens. Golden beat osu in his first year, does that make him a good coach? **** no...

Case and point that the Golden supporters have lower IQs than the rest of us.

That OSU team went 6-7. So of course it doesn't make him a good coach, bc it wasn't a good win. Neither was the Gators win. Beating a 6-7 team whether the jersey says Duke or Ohio State means the same thing: you beat a bad team. Just like we barely did versus Nebraska.

Advertisement
Didn't know Beating BYU was an Accomplishment

First of all, BYU would put a serious beating on us.

Also, they're not "beating" them, they are curb stomping them.

My point is that Al, in his 5th year, still can't even beat a mediocre NU team impressively at home that lost to BYU.

It's as simple as this, get a great coaching staff and we will dominate college football again.

Unfortunately, to our BOT and admin, this is some sort of complex puzzle or rocket science formula. Sad when all of us "simpletons" can see the simplicity of solving our conundrum but the supposedly genius intellectuals can't. SMDH.

Yup.

B/C our admin has to fit in the extra requirement of "de-blacking" our players.

My point is that Al, in his 5th year, still can't even beat a mediocre NU team impressively at home that lost to BYU.

It's as simple as this, get a great coaching staff and we will dominate college football again.

Unfortunately, to our BOT and admin, this is some sort of complex puzzle or rocket science formula. Sad when all of us "simpletons" can see the simplicity of solving our conundrum but the supposedly genius intellectuals can't. SMDH.

Lol some of Miami fans might be worse than golden, pathetic. Byu would put a serious beating on Miami? Give me a f_cking break....

Where did I misspeak?

At home it might be close. If we played them on the road they would curb stomp us. Where have you been the last 5 years of this **** show? Hiding under a rock?

Why would BYU put a serious beating on us? Because they Barely beat the Nebraska team we barely beat?

Yeah, well BYU beat Nebraska on a Hail Mary and barely lost to UCLA. So..... carry the one and Nebraska isn't a bad team.

Advertisement
I understand the arguments being made here, and true enough Golden does not have an elite win in his tenure. But we have not lost yet (this year). We don't have enough data yet to predict with any level of certainty which teams are good or bad (within reason of course). We cannot make a case that these performances (this year) are not outliers. I assume that is part of the argument that some are making that UM "looking good" is an aberration and they will revert to previous form. That also is a matter of perspective, whether you agree that a related factor is: 1.) coaching staff (and whether they have made any improvements at their profession + new additions) 2.) the makeup of the team 3.) a combination of the two. Any variance in either of these would dictate that you cannot use past performance as an adequate basis to predict performance this season. We have started out on the right note (as measured by W/L record); but more is left to do. #BeatEveryone

[]_[] swag;2297040 said:
Harbaugh is a much better coach than Golden. But also, Hoke recruited at an elite level and left the cupboard pretty full. Very different than what Golden inherited. Golden's second year after we had the rash of players leave early was one of the weakest, least talented teams we've ever had. Why he struggles to win now is beyond me.

Fraulden The Incompetent is in his 5th year. What he inherited is no longer a factor. Don't care WHY he's a loser. Losers don't belong at Miami.

[]_[] swag;2297040 said:
Harbaugh is a much better coach than Golden. But also, Hoke recruited at an elite level and left the cupboard pretty full. Very different than what Golden inherited. Golden's second year after we had the rash of players leave early was one of the weakest, least talented teams we've ever had. Why he struggles to win now is beyond me.

Fraulden The Incompetent is in his 5th year. What he inherited is no longer a factor. Don't care WHY he's a loser. Losers don't belong at Miami.

This^^^^

When do the excuses end?

The whole point of this thread is that Harbaugh just got there and he has his men on the right path, without the benefit of having "his" recruiting classes.

Saban and Meyer are the same. They didn't need their own "recruiting classes" to dominate or win.

So how many years does it take to have enough recruiting classes to win? 10, 15 years? Good coaches are competitive with what they have. Folden sucks, there's no way to dispute that.

It's not like we have a small sample size to judge him on. In his whole tenure at Temple or here at the U, he has never beaten a really good team.

That should be a HUGE red flag for anyone that truly loves our football program.

Advertisement

Yup.

Could you clarify that last sentence for me please?

Yup.

Could you clarify that last sentence for me please?

The administration is more interested in cutting out our urban image than winning actual games. They are more interested in winning mythical academic national championships than winning actual games.

[]_[] swag;2297040 said:

This^^^^

When do the excuses end?

The whole point of this thread is that Harbaugh just got there and he has his men on the right path, without the benefit of having "his" recruiting classes.

Saban and Meyer are the same. They didn't need their own "recruiting classes" to dominate or win.

So how many years does it take to have enough recruiting classes to win? 10, 15 years? Good coaches are competitive with what they have. Folden sucks, there's no way to dispute that.

It's not like we have a small sample size to judge him on. In his whole tenure at Temple or here at the U, he has never beaten a really good team.

That should be a HUGE red flag for anyone that truly loves our football program.

Great coaches adapt their system to the talent on hand. They'll beat you with their players, or with your own players.

Mediocre corches look for players to fit their scheme. While they look, they lose. And, if they have a poor scheme, then it's a total cluster ****!

Who's making excuses? I thought byu was good but apparently they are not as good as I thought. Sh*t happens. Golden beat osu in his first year, does that make him a good coach? **** no...

byu was only good when you tried to use them as a reason to be happy we almost lost to nebraska. pfft. clueless

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2297040 said:

This^^^^

When do the excuses end?

Great coaches adapt their system to the talent on hand. They'll beat you with their players, or with your own players.

Mediocre corches look for players to fit their scheme. While they look, they lose. And, if they have a poor scheme, then it's a total cluster ****!

actually golden had plenty of talent his first year. many of those guys are still tearing up in the NFL>

4 games vs 5 years. Really shows the importance of coaching.

Michigan already has an identity. We don't

Last edited:
Harbaugh just got there and he has his men on the right path, without the benefit of having "his" recruiting classes.

So how many years does it take to have enough recruiting classes to win? 10, 15 years? Good coaches are competitive with what they have.

Meyer more than Saban, but nevertheless...THIS!

Advertisement
OT really but Saban did have his own recruiting class in his second season when they started winning games. He signed Julio Jones, Marcel Dareus, Mark Ingram, Donta Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Mark Barron, and Terrence Cody in his first full class. All getting major PT

The difference is in money and priority. Michigan paid big money for a proven coach to right their ship.

We don't pay enough, or make winning a priority. Our "building champions" pitch is bs.

thefact that you even thought byu was good destroys all credibility

Yeah losing by 1 to #10 ucla speaks to how horrible they are huh?

Who ever said ucla was so good just because of a preseason rank?

i mean. thats your problem. youre trying to justify yourself based off of numbers, b.s., what ifs and a bunch of ish that doesnt matter. what game of ucla did you watch to make you feel like they were that good to justify a top 10 ranking with a true freshman qb? conjecture at best.

obviously you are weak in the area of football evaluation from an overall standpoint. this is why you are villified on this board.

I bet michigan would win +14 in the bighouse. it was higher spread than i even thought.

Advertisement
Back