Handoff to the fullback - fumble

killacane

Sophomore
:qR12ZEhp37hu.jpg:

That play worked well on third and short. Why do we not use Duke more in short yardage situations?

Advertisement
I said it during the Louisville game as he was whiffing on blocks and ******* up snaps, and during the FAMU game as he was whiffing on blocks and tripping our own players, Regula is probably the worst football player to ever play a snap at Miami. If a play requires Regula to be in, we should be running a different play. How Coley & Golden don't see this is absolutely beyond me.

I think there may be something wrong with Tucker which is why they are not playing him more. I think we need to bring in another FB in the 2015 to help tucker out. I don't think if they moved Gus to FB that it would work because he is not very physical when he plays 98% of the time.

Go Canes

I think we should ditch the fullback spot altogether and continue to spread teams out.

If we really need to pound it, we can bring in someone like Standish or Herndon to line up as an H-back.

I hate having players on the field with no 'threat' level in the passing game. They can pretty much just be ignored by the defense, and putting one in the game quite often is a dead tell that you're running the ball. Besides, I've only noticed our FBs this year when they've fumbled, wiffed on a block, or gotten in the RB's way on the way to the endzone.

Advertisement
Shouldn't play. Period.

Let alone a designed run? Terrible call given who the fb is. I actually really like the fb run if you have a fb

Advertisement
Regula has been irregula... he also gave a fair catch sign when the ball clearly wasn't even coming close to him. Kid needs to hand out gatorade on the sideline

Doubt they run it again but I am confident that many of the plays we pick apart were probably the staff wanting to out players in situations to see how they perform when the game is not on the line. It also gives Nebraska one more look to prep for.

Regula is terrible at FB. As a FB, you have to have vision also to find a hole to lead your RB through. There were multiple times when Regula would run up and block a dlineman already being block.

Liked the play call (for a change), but not sure about running it with Regula. Looked to me like the handoff wasn't bad...he just dropped it.

Advertisement
That single play call is a microcosm of and EPITOMIZES the stupidity of this staff. 3rd and short what do we do? 'Outsmart' our sub-level opponent by giving the ball to the worst player in the history of the program, not our BEST PLAYER.

Joke

I think we should ditch the fullback spot altogether and continue to spread teams out.

If we really need to pound it, we can bring in someone like Standish or Herndon to line up as an H-back.

I hate having players on the field with no 'threat' level in the passing game. They can pretty much just be ignored by the defense, and putting one in the game quite often is a dead tell that you're running the ball. Besides, I've only noticed our FBs this year when they've fumbled, wiffed on a block, or gotten in the RB's way on the way to the endzone.

Do away with the FB (single back sets) & go to multiple TE sets & use wings here & there

Last edited:
That single play call is a microcosm of and EPITOMIZES the stupidity of this staff. 3rd and short what do we do? 'Outsmart' our sub-level opponent by giving the ball to the worst player in the history of the program, not our BEST PLAYER.

Joke

Even the worst player in the history of the program, which Regula is not, should be able to pick up 1 yard against a sub-level opponent with the size of our OL. If he'd held onto the ball, he would've gotten it. The problem was the player, not the play call.

Advertisement
This play is the single worst call in the post Coker era (not taking into consideration game importance or circumstances) because:
- regula? REGULA? Are you kidding me?
- duke
-Edwards
-yearby
- qb rollout
- a sunsation
- a tuba player from band of the hour
- the beer vendor

all of them had more right to get that ball on that play than that dude. Smh coley.

Agreed. Standish is physical enough to take on LBs and fast enough to beat most of them. The experiment with the young man who fumbled needs to go away. Kaaya put the ball in the bread basket and the kid didn't take it. Not a good sign.

Great post. FB's are worthless if you can't sneak em out into the flats or on an angle route and be effective other than just an extra O-lineman.

This thread has me thinking of the impact that losing Maurice Hagans has had on our offense.

Advertisement
Back