Guys we need to talk

BigDikCane

All-American
I haven't been following recruiting like I use to, but do you think we'll ever get back to the glory days with the NIL deals without good coaching.

I'm betting that Dabo and Saban will never win a chip again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Drunk Christine Ebersole GIF by CBS

PAST HISTORY COLLEGE FOOTBALL- OP is an expert, was fully plugged in. Would beat you in jeopardy if NCAA was a category. Posted to Facebook in 2008 that Saban and Swinney would win 8 titles in the next 12 years and was jeered but got the last laugh.

CURRENT ERA OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL- OP not attuned to the state of the game, has not been paying close attention. Admits to being out of touch. Curiously willing to bet you that no titles will ever again be won by Saban or Swinney.

FUTURE OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL- Already known to OP/came to him in visions. Collects his winnings and becomes a millionaire the day after Saban and Swinney jointly retire having not even made the playoffs since the bet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
NIL has changed the game

It SHOULD even the playing field so that the UGA’s, bama’s, OSU’s don’t just get everybody

Gotta hope it works
Except with collectives, those 3 along with the other huge state schools have hundreds of thousands of alumni that can pump in tens of millions a year. If it were just straight up business endorsement deals, smaller schools would be ok. Once they allowed collectives to exist it’s an uphill battle.

Advertisement
I haven't been following recruiting like I use to, but do you think we'll ever get back to the glory days with the NIL deals without good coaching.

Yes get the best players just like other coaches who ain't the genius x and o guys. Your not a genius till u get the talent. I mean it's that simple. Don't understand why people can't see it. Then said HC starts to look like a genius and takes all the credit.

Last edited:

Interesting!

I thought Project Looking Glass was not only shut down - but locked away . . . did you somehow manage to photograph the end portion of the timeline mural? That was one stuffed, huge building inside wasn't it? All those technologies . . .

I just never thought Dabo and Saban would be worth a timeline annotation.

There are salary caps in the professional ranks. I'd imagine them implementing something similar - assuming they want to level the playing field.

I won't hold my breath, because I don't think the NCAA gives a **** about parity.

Advertisement
Back