Guys, we might actually win a bowl game for the first time in a million years.

Biloxi

[][][][][][][][][][][][]
With this team, and this coaching staff, I think we will.

We've lost 4 in a row, and if you don't count a 1 point win over Nevada in a made up Blue Turf bowl, we haven't won a bowl game since we beat Florida in 04.

Advertisement
I don't care who we play but getting a bowl game and the extra practice time is crucial for this team.

I guess after the FSU game, we can start getting an idea of what bowl we will go to.

Yeah I agree. Hopefully its somewhere warm and not cold so the team doesn't start a snow fight.. lol

Advertisement
I'll take the bowl ban (unfortunately) considering the NCAA hammer that might be coming our way.

I've come to view this season as the pre-season for next year. :mad:

I don't know for sure, we have to get 6 wins I believe against D1 teams. Betune-Cookman don't count, so we have to get 2 of 3. I see Boston College as a win, South Florida should be a win, and FSU up in the air. I could be wrong on this about D1 and BC, but this is the way I understand it. If we become bowl eligible, I wouldn't mind self-imposing as part of the sanctions this year.

I don't know for sure, we have to get 6 wins I believe against D1 teams. Betune-Cookman don't count, so we have to get 2 of 3. I see Boston College as a win, South Florida should be a win, and FSU up in the air. I could be wrong on this about D1 and BC, but this is the way I understand it. If we become bowl eligible, I wouldn't mind self-imposing as part of the sanctions this year.

You can't count two, you can count one.

Beat FSU and 'right now we bowl eligible'.

Advertisement
we will be Bo-Legible mark that down.

I don't think any trouble with the NCAA will involve a bowl ban. We need the extra practice time.

Agree with Crazy. I would love to see them get the extra practice time but the prudent thing to do is not go to a bowl this year

I don't care who we play but getting a bowl game and the extra practice time is crucial for this team.

I get your point, but I think the most important thing this team needs, is a kick *** recruiting class. Whatever happens with the NCAA, we're going to get SOME SORT of penalty. I feel we should self-penalize ourselves by giving up the blue turf or whatever bowl we are going to, in order to get part of the penalty out of the way ASAP. To be able to go into a recruits home and tell them that the biggest part of the penalty is behind us and won't affect them is priceless.

Advertisement
Good coaches win bowl games.

The obscene amount of time to prepare usually benefits the better coaching staff. For the first time in a looooong time I don't think I'm going to be worried about that part.

With this team, and this coaching staff, I think we will.

We've lost 4 in a row, and if you don't count a 1 point win over Nevada in a made up Blue Turf bowl, we haven't won a bowl game since we beat Florida in 04.

I have a feeling we might self-impose a bowl ban.

Advertisement
nice bump. just another reminder of how ****** this program has been for several years. one pathetic bowl victory in a decade.

Advertisement
Back