Gut feeling on Tim Irvin

Peter says we might have some 2016 news (not the Mullins thing) he hasn't been to hot lately so...

2016 news doesn't matter at this point. That class will either be destroyed if Golden is retained for next season or a monster haul if he's fired right now and replaced by someone even remotely competent.

Advertisement
Irvin chose his brain over his heart. As much as it will suck to not see him in a Canes uniform, there's no way anyone can question this decision. He can't blindly trust that Miami will fire Golden at any point if they're not going to fire him now.

F*** Al Golden.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I'm legit sick over this class.

I love SoFla football and this class could've been special with a real coach in place coming off a good season on the field. If Miami made the right hire in 2010, or acted swiftly last January and terminated Goldem, this could've been an elite group of Sofla players that served as the foundation for a national championship.

So many guys local kids that love Miami but had to make the proper business decision. Looking out for their futures, can't blame them, but this shlt hurts.

Advertisement
I'm legit sick over this class.

I love SoFla football and this class could've been special with a real coach in place coming off a good season on the field. If Miami made the right hire in 2010, or acted swiftly last January and terminated Goldem, this could've been an elite group of Sofla players that served as the foundation for a national championship.

So many guys local kids that love Miami but had to make the proper business decision. Looking out for their futures, can't blame them, but this shlt hurts.

I can't really fault any of them at this point. We all know what can fix the problem. BBB Now!

Advertisement
All you guys saying Irvin made the right decision are tripin. If you love a school you go there. If that is where your heart is, that is where you go. Saying he's making a decision with his head instead of with his heart, and honestly I think using his head would have been coming here. Gotta go where you will be the happiest.

All you guys saying Irvin made the right decision are tripin. If you love a school you go there. If that is where your heart is, that is where you go. Saying he's making a decision with his head instead of with his heart, and honestly I think using his head would have been coming here. Gotta go where you will be the happiest.

According to insiders here and at the WEZ with ties to Irvin, he did go with his head because he loathes Paul Williams. His head probably told him he had a much better chance of being developed properly in college under Charlie Strong than he would have under Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams. And, as much as we all hate to see a player of his caliber turn Miami down, he's not wrong. We probably would have had a much better shot at landing him if this administration wasn't so apathetic about UM football for allowing this s***show to continue.

I want us to land as much top talent as possible for the next coach, especially homegrown studs like Irvin. But we continue losing longtime UM leans like him for a very obvious reason.

Advertisement

According to insiders here and at the WEZ with ties to Irvin, he did go with his head because he loathes Paul Williams. His head probably told him he had a much better chance of being developed properly in college under Charlie Strong than he would have under Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams. And, as much as we all hate to see a player of his caliber turn Miami down, he's not wrong. We probably would have had a much better shot at landing him if this administration wasn't so apathetic about UM football for allowing this s***show to continue.

I want us to land as much top talent as possible for the next coach, especially homegrown studs like Irvin. But we continue losing longtime UM leans like him for a very obvious reason.

Yes, but you can't control everything while in college. That is why you choose the overall college that is the best choice for you. Plus Williams might be fired soon enough. Honestly I'm of the opinion you don't really make your decision based on a coaching staff unless you are a QB. I mean you can choose to play for a great coach, but IMO if a coach sucks, but you just love the school, you go there.

no one is happy here
no one is happy with Golden

he wanted to come to UM and be happy but that isn't possible now

Advertisement
Last yr, we said the 2014 class is decent, but wait until 2015...it's so many So Fla DB studs...so many So Fla WR studs....so many So Fla RB studs...how did we miss out on every single db w/ the exception of Quan? We're so close to missing out on every single RB (Walton doesn't count b/c he was supposed to be in the 2016 class) and we missed out on every WR....IN OUR OWN BACK YARD. Did you see what USC did? They smoked all of the top So. Cal recruits...and rightfully so b/c they were in their own back yard!!!

We are getting played in our own back yard and it's not funny anymore. Change needs to happen now! This fool Golden is not even out recruiting!!! His feelings are hurt so he's in hiding damaging this program further. Golden stays and we won't win 5 games next yr.

You guys are freaking out over nothing. We came in second place for Irvin, Phillips, and Clarington. Basically we won three silver medals! Now that's #trendingup! Be excited boys.

I loathe Coach Williams also.

Advertisement
Back