Gut feeling on Tim Irvin

0-20 0-50

Doesn't matter but by year three the roster would be all sfla beast and then the run begins.

Advertisement
All you guys saying Irvin made the right decision are tripin. If you love a school you go there. If that is where your heart is, that is where you go. Saying he's making a decision with his head instead of with his heart, and honestly I think using his head would have been coming here. Gotta go where you will be the happiest.

According to insiders here and at the WEZ with ties to Irvin, he did go with his head because he loathes Paul Williams. His head probably told him he had a much better chance of being developed properly in college under Charlie Strong than he would have under Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams. And, as much as we all hate to see a player of his caliber turn Miami down, he's not wrong. We probably would have had a much better shot at landing him if this administration wasn't so apathetic about UM football for allowing this s***show to continue.

I want us to land as much top talent as possible for the next coach, especially homegrown studs like Irvin. But we continue losing longtime UM leans like him for a very obvious reason.

Yes, but you can't control everything while in college. That is why you choose the overall college that is the best choice for you. Plus Williams might be fired soon enough. Honestly I'm of the opinion you don't really make your decision based on a coaching staff unless you are a QB. I mean you can choose to play for a great coach, but IMO if a coach sucks, but you just love the school, you go there.

The University of Miami no longer represents "the 305."

Is there something specific behind the Williams-Irvin issue? Did williams do something to rub irvin the wrong way? If Williams was the sole reason, what if he's canned next week?

Advertisement
All you guys saying Irvin made the right decision are tripin. If you love a school you go there. If that is where your heart is, that is where you go. Saying he's making a decision with his head instead of with his heart, and honestly I think using his head would have been coming here. Gotta go where you will be the happiest.

According to insiders here and at the WEZ with ties to Irvin, he did go with his head because he loathes Paul Williams. His head probably told him he had a much better chance of being developed properly in college under Charlie Strong than he would have under Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams. And, as much as we all hate to see a player of his caliber turn Miami down, he's not wrong. We probably would have had a much better shot at landing him if this administration wasn't so apathetic about UM football for allowing this s***show to continue.

I want us to land as much top talent as possible for the next coach, especially homegrown studs like Irvin. But we continue losing longtime UM leans like him for a very obvious reason.

Yes, but you can't control everything while in college. That is why you choose the overall college that is the best choice for you. Plus Williams might be fired soon enough. Honestly I'm of the opinion you don't really make your decision based on a coaching staff unless you are a QB. I mean you can choose to play for a great coach, but IMO if a coach sucks, but you just love the school, you go there.
So you think it's smart for a player to play for a coach who he believes (and who probably won't) won't prepare him for the next level , as opposed to playing for a coach he thinks will ?

Strong will be gone from Texas soon if he don't get it together right quick. Golden has the hottest seat in college football but Strong is close behind.

Advertisement
Back