Gus Edwards through 4 games

Advertisement
Gus just got so few carries lol. It was hard for me personally to formulate what he could be. The guy got better, just took off before we saw the finished product.

He was the best RB on the roster before his Lisfranc injury. He still wasn’t right the following year but looks like he’s gotten back on track, very happy for him.

It was always very convenient for people to point out Walton's ankle injury, but never mentioned Gus lost a full year to a Lisfranc injury.

I'm happy to see Gus doing well and making the most of his opportunities.

Good to see @blackvern vindicated

I guess I didn’t watch him, Walton and yearby every day in practice for years

I don't care who you watched...that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about and you've just confirmed that.

There are kids on the team that believe Searls is a good coach and nothing is wrong with the offense thus why you ever thought Gus was the best rb on the team. He was not EVER in life the best rb at UM. tell that lie to someone else.

Advertisement
Dawg, no one is saying that Gus Edwards is Edgerrin James . But if you're gonna deny that Gus Edwards has been successful then you're just hating just to hate. People just love to say that Blackvern is dead wrong when his track record is pretty strong.

I think him and Walton are gonna be great backs in the league in years to come.
I hate to say it because I love the kid but Walton won't be successful in the NFL as a pure running back. Maybe he can make it as a receiving back but he lacks the power between the tackles that a guy like edward has.

I don't care who you watched...that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about and you've just confirmed that.

There are kids on the team that believe Searls is a good coach and nothing is wrong with the offense thus why you ever thought Gus was the best rb on the team. He was not EVER in life the best rb at UM. tell that lie to someone else.
What good would it do me to just make something up? I have no skin in the game. See if the kids saying that about Searels in interviews say the same thing when they’re done.

He was the second best behind Duke in 13&14, was on a whole other level than Walton and yearby heading into 15 before his injury and wasn’t the same when he returned in 16. He had the fasted top end speed on the entire team (we tracked every day with accelerometers). By no means was he a superstar but I’ve seen more than anyone else here and not sure how I “wouldn’t know what I’m talking about”

What good would it do me to just make something up? I have no skin in the game. See if the kids saying that about Searels in interviews say the same thing when they’re done.

He was the second best behind Duke in 13&14, was on a whole other level than Walton and yearby heading into 15 before his injury and wasn’t the same when he returned in 16. He had the fasted top end speed on the entire team (we tracked every day with accelerometers). By no means was he a superstar but I’ve seen more than anyone else here and not sure how I “wouldn’t know what I’m talking about”

I remember when he clocked that super fast 40 but he didn't play like it...maybe he was having a great camp but I've seen nothing from him at any part of his career that told he was better than Walton or Yearby...

Lmao, my guy... post less if you're going to question someone who PLAYED for Miami...

Did he get paid to evaluate talent at Miami? That's what I thought...you can give him a hand job just bc he played bc that's what you guys on this board LOVE to do...I'm not...Gus Edwards was trash here...period.

Advertisement
This is one of those times , I love when a young kid wakes up a goes for the gusto knowing the door close fast and just squeaks by.

GOOD FOR GUS.....I'M GLAD I WAS PROVED SO SO WRONG.

proved wrong on what? That he's having a cup of coffee in the NFL? I guess..

What NFL team have you EVER played for? Man you put the HATE in LOSER!
proved wrong on what? That he's having a cup of coffee in the NFL? I guess..

Have to agree with Tee here. Dude had one good game and now his **** suckers are coming out of the wood work.

He had ONE good game. No one came out here when he rushed for 0 yards, 10 yards and 12 yards .

Last edited:
look at this ******* *******

****.gif

Advertisement
Did he get paid to evaluate talent at Miami? That's what I thought...you can give him a hand job just bc he played bc that's what you guys on this board LOVE to do...I'm not...Gus Edwards was trash here...period.

How terrible of a life you must have to be skeptical of a kid who played with Gus Edwards and on top of that you can't even be happy for Edwards regardless of how his Miami career went.

Who hurt you, friend?

Confess your sins @Salt

congrats to the young man for working hard and keeping his dreams alive, while fooling some of us on CIS, certain NFL draft analysts, and all 32 general managers during the 2018 draft/combine.

Biggest career turnaround since Faust made his pact with the devil. Good for him!

He was the best RB on the roster before his Lisfranc injury. He still wasn’t right the following year but looks like he’s gotten back on track, very happy for him.
Lisfranc is probably nasty...surgery involves midfoot fusion at the tarso-metatarsal joint, I suspect.

Advertisement

I always knew he was big with outstanding speed for that size. I never saw enough to justify, in my own mind, the negativity I read from others. I've seen other successful backs who had a straight up running style.

I hate to say it because I love the kid but Walton won't be successful in the NFL as a pure running back. Maybe he can make it as a receiving back but he lacks the power between the tackles that a guy like edward has.

Yeah I'd agree, I think he can have a similar career to Duke whose had most of his success through the air and Cleveland fans beg for him to get more touches.. I think Walton is the youngest RB in the league, and he's very versatile. He will probably make his money catching the ball out of the backfield, but he's one of those guys that can break a big run at any moment

Board understandably has a strong bias for Florida kids and against others, especially at the RB position. Gus showed glimpses of it here, his injury came just as he was getting the opportunity to be the guy. No reason to hate on him, he's a Cane.

Have to agree with Tee here. Dude had one good game and now his **** suckers are coming out of the wood work.

He had ONE good game. No one came out here when he rushed for 0 yards, 10 yards and 12 yards .

You're missing the point - no one is trying to say Gus is an NFL Pro Bowler. But he's played well with his chances this year.

80% of people made Walton out to be a 2nd round pick, while saying Gus was a JAG who should transfer and no shot at all at making an NFL team. 1 was overhyped while the other wasn't given enough credit.

The truth is they were always similar talent levels. And both their performances in the NFL this year is showing that. So the bashing of Gus was always a bit ridiculous - that's the point.

Advertisement
Back