Gus ‘The Bus’ Edwards ready to carry the load for UM

Advertisement
I've lost count how many times I have said this but I can't remember a recruit coming to signing day, picking between us and FSU, picking us, and getting less hype about it than Gus. Not sure if it's because he was OOS or what, but noone should be surprised if he has a great career here.

I'd like to see him get some burn at FB for Dallas after we sit Duke and hopefully Hagens, who nobody talks about, but has no backup at the moment. I think it would be a good way to get him on the field a bit and teach him some blocking.

I've lost count how many times I have said this but I can't remember a recruit coming to signing day, picking between us and FSU, picking us, and getting less hype about it than Gus. Not sure if it's because he was OOS or what, but noone should be surprised if he has a great career here.

The board was busy chasing cheerleaders at the time. What a bunch of hornballs CIS is

The board was busy chasing cheerleaders at the time. What a bunch of hornballs CIS is

True. Keef Bryant, Bostwick got everyone's panties in a wad. Meanwhile we were taking Gus and Coley from FSU's hands but seemed all anyone could focus on was the losses. Pretty ****** pathetic but it is what it is.

Advertisement

True. Keef Bryant, Bostwick got everyone's panties in a wad. Meanwhile we were taking Gus and Coley from FSU's hands but seemed all anyone could focus on was the losses. Pretty ****** pathetic but it is what it is.

Welcome to The U!

The Kirkland/Thomas/Ice/BTW fiasco

Collins choosing Arkansas live on the internet

Bryant and Bostwick going to rival schools

It was tough not to be butthurt about some of those things

We rebounded quite nicely late in the game with Coley, Gus, Grace, Elder, Kamalu, Griffin, Renfrow and Gilbert.

Advertisement

OOS kid? no hype?
[video=youtube;LG_f1GzmwHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo[/video]
WE BACK

Here is a UM /FSU game from 1994 where #28 James Stewart put in some serious work, he played in 9 games that year ran 724yd and 12 TD's.

[video=youtube;4D9WVH-KU14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9WVH-KU14[/video]

LOL at Jammi German getting up-ended at 3:17.

Can you imagine that motorcade of blockers on the INT by CJ? Carlos J, Ray, Sapp, Rock, Marley, etc. Those are some serious ballers looking to pave the way

True. ***** Bryant, Bostwick got everyone's panties in a wad. Meanwhile we were taking Gus and Coley from FSU's hands but seemed all anyone could focus on was the losses. Pretty ****in pathetic but it is what it is.

FIFY

Here is a UM /FSU game from 1994 where #28 James Stewart put in some serious work, he played in 9 games that year ran 724yd and 12 TD's.

[video=youtube;4D9WVH-KU14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9WVH-KU14[/video]

LOL at Jammi German getting up-ended at 3:17.

Can you imagine that motorcade of blockers on the INT by CJ? Carlos J, Ray, Sapp, Rock, Marley, etc. Those are some serious ballers looking to pave the way

That was one crazy *** ending to a play at 3:17

Advertisement

True. Keef Bryant, Bostwick got everyone's panties in a wad. Meanwhile we were taking Gus and Coley from FSU's hands but seemed all anyone could focus on was the losses. Pretty ****in pathetic but it is what it is.

Everyone got all Selio'd about a couple of losers we didn't get and lost sight of how good a class we did get. Including our best QB prospect in more than ten years, plus Gus and Coley from fsu, Artie and Carter. Not sure any of us knew the beast we had in Fig. All the late additions actually made 2013 a really great class.

I would like to see us run the FB more. It was always big in the old days. FB and TE made us almost impossible to stop. I like Gus and Duke on field at same time. Fake our streach pitch to Duke with counter to Gus -- Fins ran it to death with Zonk. Couple 30 yards runs by Gus will slow the **** out of everyone chasing Duke each play.

The Kirkland/Thomas/Ice/BTW fiasco

Collins choosing Arkansas live on the internet

Bryant and Bostwick going to rival schools

It was tough not to be butthurt about some of those things

We rebounded quite nicely late in the game with Coley, Gus, Grace, Elder, Kamalu, Griffin, Renfrow and Gilbert.

Collins committed before signing day which is why getting Gus on signing day should have been even more important.

Advertisement

True. Keef Bryant, Bostwick got everyone's panties in a wad. Meanwhile we were taking Gus and Coley from FSU's hands but seemed all anyone could focus on was the losses. Pretty ****in pathetic but it is what it is.

Everyone got all Selio'd about a couple of losers we didn't get and lost sight of how good a class we did get. Including our best QB prospect in more than ten years, plus Gus and Coley from fsu, Artie and Carter. Not sure any of us knew the beast we had in Fig. All the late additions actually made 2013 a really great class.

I would like to see us run the FB more. It was always big in the old days. FB and TE made us almost impossible to stop. I like Gus and Duke on field at same time. Fake our streach pitch to Duke with counter to Gus -- Fins ran it to death with Zonk. Couple 30 yards runs by Gus will slow the **** out of everyone chasing Duke each play.

I know that this is the Homer Board, but I think it's way too early to call any of Al's recruiting classes great. However, the 2013 class is already paying dividends.

2011:

Some nice pieces considering he had little time to assemble this class.

Chick
Perryman
Dorsett
Pierre
Armbrister
Scott
Crawford
King
Goudis
Ryan Williams

Only guys contributing regularly right now from the 2012 class:

Bush