Gurvan Hall

Yes, hoping/praying Bubba is the answer at FS. If so, that would solidify the backend more so. Quit doing **** delayed blitzes especially with Bandy, by far and away our best cover CB. And putting DE’s in coverage. Manny needs to tell/force Baker to change the defense back to what we were running. It’s a travesty to waste all the talent we have on that side of the ball playing the way Baker has been calling plays.

Offensively we need to quit with PA and throw/play out of the shotgun. All game. No excuses. Use the WR’s and TE’s on routes that make sense to their strengths. It’s obvious we aren’t stretching the field so teams are stacking the box and feasting on our OL. We’ve got to stretch them out to loosen things up to run, which seems to be the strength of these OL players.

Advertisement
I think Hall is by far your most athletic safety from tackling standpoint and being able to run with closing speed. I think you should start Hall and Bolden eventually
This was my point exactly. I think Bubba at the free and gurvan at the strong so to speak. Rotate Amari and Rob in as the back ups

Yes, hoping/praying Bubba is the answer at FS. If so, that would solidify the backend more so. Quit doing **** delayed blitzes especially with Bandy, by far and away our best cover CB. And putting DE’s in coverage. Manny needs to tell/force Baker to change the defense back to what we were running. It’s a travesty to waste all the talent we have on that side of the ball playing the way Baker has been calling plays.

Offensively we need to quit with PA and throw/play out of the shotgun. All game. No excuses. Use the WR’s and TE’s on routes that make sense to their strengths. It’s obvious we aren’t stretching the field so teams are stacking the box and feasting on our OL. We’ve got to stretch them out to loosen things up to run, which seems to be the strength of these OL players.
Crazy..a lot of our sacks allowed have come out of shutgun..Zion got beat twice out of shotgun looks..or biggest plays of the day came out of PA looks. One to Brevin to start the 2nd half, the others to 85 on on the opening drive..the safety was a straight shotgun play that Jarren held the ball too long on. Best plays were the pa misdirections and the RPO, I think we hit on 5 RPOs yesterday. 3 in the middle and a couple on the edge to Jeff Thomas and Hightower. Our guys got whipped at the POA

Advertisement
Gurvan probably said f*ck Panda I ain’t listening to him imma do my own thing

Advertisement
Gurvan probably said f*ck Panda I ain’t listening to him imma do my own thing
Yeah Banda has absolutely coached scrubs while here..Jenkins, carter Johnson and redwine were horrible poorly coached and it showed #bartender

hes a terrible recruiter and sucks at coaching.
Yeah man..gurvan, carter, smith, Gilbert were terrible recruits..**** Jenkins, carter , Colbert, Jaquan and redwine were the worse coached safeties I’ve seen..it’s almost like they were being coached by a former bartender..i mean you can tell by their play while here..he definitely hindered their chances on a NFL career also

Advertisement
Carter needs to move to OLB. He has terrible hips in coverage. Shouldn’t be a DB. And he still needs to learn how to wrap up.

26 played well. I like this kid. Needs most of the reps. We need Bolden to take 20s snaps, but I suspect that won’t happen. He’s a Pathan special.

Yeah man..gurvan, carter, smith, Gilbert were terrible recruits..**** Jenkins, carter , Colbert, Jaquan and redwine were the worse coached safeties I’ve seen..it’s almost like they were being coached by a former bartender..i mean you can tell by their play while here..he definitely hindered their chances on a NFL career also
how long has he been a coach at UM, and his recruiting is so bad, he still as an excuse to trot out Knowles at FS. Gurvan, Carter, Smith, Gilbert, are all strong safety, UM has not one legit FS back there and we as a fan base hope that Bolden is the answer. So whos fault is that, Banda. We have a whole bunch of Safety players who all have questionable range, whose fault is that Banda. He did a terrible job in actually recruiting players with great athleticism and range, it goes back to Lance Roffers arms race thread, you should go take a look at it and then come back to me. Just because Banda can recruit some high 3 stars, low 4 stars at the safety position, which any UM DB coach could do, does not make him a good recruiter.

how long has he been a coach at UM, and his recruiting is so bad, he still as an excuse to trot out Knowles at FS. Gurvan, Carter, Smith, Gilbert, are all strong safety, UM has not one legit FS back there and we as a fan base hope that Bolden is the answer. So whos fault is that, Banda. We have a whole bunch of Safety players who all have questionable range, whose fault is that Banda. He did a terrible job in actually recruiting players with great athleticism and range, it goes back to Lance Roffers arms race thread, you should go take a look at it and then come back to me. Just because Banda can recruit some high 3 stars, low 4 stars at the safety position, which any UM DB coach could do, does not make him a good recruiter.
Oh man I totally agree..our safeties since he has been

Advertisement
And wasn’t it just yesterday that a whole lot of triggered azzholes on this board we’re talking mad **** about this kid, and look how quickly we got here.

His play thus far wasn’t exactly all world. Playing good against Central Michigan doesn’t mean he has lived up to the crazy hype of “Saban came in on a helicopter to see him!”. Hall’s play before this last game would be deemed up and down at best.

Physically him and Bolden would be amazing to have starting at the back end but having all the athleticism in the world and playing slow and tentative doesn’t work.

Hopefully this last game is a trend for Hall and not an aberration.

Advertisement
Back