Gurvan Hall

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree...I saw a missile come flying in there a couple times. If nothing else, this one may have helped his confidence

there'll be a play that tate catches a pass behind the los and his hightower deep. that'll make it all ok (caps off out of respect for james jackson's brother).

Advertisement
Advertisement
What skill set?
Martell is a good athlete , he may not be ready yet at receiver but from the looks of it he don’t look that bad in the videos considering he just switched to receiver recently

Advertisement
Martell is a good athlete , he may not be ready yet at receiver but from the looks of it he don’t look that bad in the videos considering he just switched to receiver recently

Athleticism is not a skill set and I doubt he's a better athlete than any of our other skill position players. There was no reason he shouldn’t have gotten that first down on that redzone play (especially against Bethune). He hasn’t shown any flashes when in the game or when he’s given the ball/targeted.

Its evident that he’s not one of the top 6 WRs. Forcing the ball to him in the red zone (or anywhere on the field) would definitely be taking touches away from other more talented guys.

Last edited:
Athleticism is not a skill set and I doubt he's not a better athlete than any of our other skill position players. There was no reason he shouldn’t have gotten that first down on that redzone play (especially against Bethune). He hasn’t shown any flashes when in the game or when he’s given the ball/targeted.

Its evident that he’s not one of the top 6 WRs. Forcing the ball to him in the red zone (or anywhere on the field) would definitely be taking touches away from other more talented guys.

And yet some of the biggest plays of the year happened when he was on the field drawing the attention (literally) of the opposition.

Turn the butthurt meter down from a 9 to maybe a 4. Jesus.

And yet some of the biggest plays of the year happened when he was on the field drawing the attention (literally) of the opposition.

Turn the butthurt meter down from a 9 to maybe a 4. Jesus.

You’re talking about the UF game? I didn’t have a problem with him playing against UF. I figured fresh off a QB Comp that the nation expected him to win, he should be at least an effective decoy for game 1 not all season.

To credit him with Deejay’s success running the Wildcat is asinine and short sighted when Deejay has found success running out of that formation since he’s been here.

For all of the “It’s only Bethune” talk, most of our players looked like they were up against inferior and slower players. I didn’t have a problem with Tate getting PT, but again, he’s not in the top 6 WRs talent wise and he’s not even close to Deejay as a Wildcat QB.

Even Jimmy Murphy earned his shine. They are trying to manufacture a TD for your boy and it costed us in the Red Zone (I believe against UF too, forgot). The play after Tate’s Wildcat run, #31 blows up Cam on 4th down. No points after a pretty solid drive.

78C731D5-A415-4CC9-B659-49235C8725F0.jpeg

A2499339-B2B7-4DBA-B9C9-6276BE0A0C7A.jpeg

Looking at those screenshots, that’s an easy first down if not a TD. There are four blockers and four defenders (albeit, just Bethune defenders).

The man responsible for the ball carrier is on the inside yet the ball carrier runs back into him and gets stacked up.

01308F6B-5BC5-498F-9570-3BA501A496E7.jpeg

See the guy on the outside not blocking anybody? His man was able to elude him and run to the ball carrier because he wasn’t following his blockers.

Finally, he dropped another one. It wasn’t a perfect throw as I recall but it hit him in the hands. I don’t really any of our other WRs dropping a pass on Saturday.

Him playing over other guys in non-garbage time minutes is not beneficial to the program at this point. It would make sense if he was competing with Jimmy Murphy for touches, not the JT’s, KJ’s, or Pope’s. I’d rather see Payton run the Wildcat honestly.

Looking forward to seeing how we come out against CM and to see if any poor coaching decisions are still being perpetuated. Hopefully the cream really begins to rise and the underperformrs aren’t just wasting downs.

Advertisement
Back