Gurvan Hall

Athleticism is not a skill set and I doubt he's not a better athlete than any of our other skill position players. There was no reason he shouldn’t have gotten that first down on that redzone play (especially against Bethune). He hasn’t shown any flashes when in the game or when he’s given the ball/targeted.

Its evident that he’s not one of the top 6 WRs. Forcing the ball to him in the red zone (or anywhere on the field) would definitely be taking touches away from other more talented guys.
Literally no one was forcing anything with him. Since the first game he’s played far less than all the other receivers. Through 3 quarters he only played like 1-2 plays and then played in the 4th. I caN see if the rotation of the uf had continued After but it hasn’t. Non issue imo

Advertisement
You’re talking about the UF game? I didn’t have a problem with him playing against UF. I figured fresh off a QB Comp that the nation expected him to win, he should be at least an effective decoy for game 1 not all season.

To credit him with Deejay’s success running the Wildcat is asinine and short sighted when Deejay has found success running out of that formation since he’s been here.

For all of the “It’s only Bethune” talk, most of our players looked like they were up against inferior and slower players. I didn’t have a problem with Tate getting PT, but again, he’s not in the top 6 WRs talent wise and he’s not even close to Deejay as a Wildcat QB.

Even Jimmy Murphy earned his shine. They are trying to manufacture a TD for your boy and it costed us in the Red Zone (I believe against UF too, forgot). The play after Tate’s Wildcat run, #31 blows up Cam on 4th down. No points after a pretty solid drive.

View attachment 97250

View attachment 97252

Looking at those screenshots, that’s an easy first down if not a TD. There are four blockers and four defenders (albeit, just Bethune defenders).

The man responsible for the ball carrier is on the inside yet the ball carrier runs back into him and gets stacked up.

View attachment 97253

See the guy on the outside not blocking anybody? His man was able to elude him and run to the ball carrier because he wasn’t following his blockers.

Finally, he dropped another one. It wasn’t a perfect throw as I recall but it hit him in the hands. I don’t really any of our other WRs dropping a pass on Saturday.

Him playing over other guys in non-garbage time minutes is not beneficial to the program at this point. It would make sense if he was competing with Jimmy Murphy for touches, not the JT’s, KJ’s, or Pope’s. I’d rather see Payton run the Wildcat honestly.

Looking forward to seeing how we come out against CM and to see if any poor coaching decisions are still being perpetuated. Hopefully the cream really begins to rise and the underperformrs aren’t just wasting downs.
I count 5 defenders on that play (look at the second image to confirm that 5 defenders joined the pile). Don't get me wrong, an elite athlete should still convert that - especially given the competition.

I have no problems with the Tate packages, since he clearly plays a different role than the other receivers. He's not stealing snaps, but allowing us to change up the game. If we're gonna keep running it though, he needs to pass out of it; otherwise, it's just a subpar wildcat compared to what Deejay runs.

Because you’re mad he’s white

OH REALLY, but correction, right now he's sorry as ****, and just so happens to be white. But since you brought that up to show yo ignant *** level of thinking, go and scroll thru all the post and see if anybody on here ever said or even hinted at what you said before with this guy. Dont be a dummy, it was very clear transfer tate was not a better athlete than the players on Bethune Cookman's squad, he's not elite, so pay attention moron, he's not on this man's level, or maybe its because of the Cuban in em that's made the diference thus far:

Advertisement
Martell is a good athlete , he may not be ready yet at receiver but from the looks of it he don’t look that bad in the videos considering he just switched to receiver recently
But I think everyone's point is that he is not ready for receiver so why was he seeing snaps over pope who had a breakout game along with guys like hightower and wiggins. I understand he might know the playbook better but at the end of the day you have to get open and he hasn't when playing wide receiver

OH REALLY, but correction, right now he's sorry as ****, and just so happens to be white. But since you brought that up to show yo ignant *** level of thinking, go and scroll thru all the post and see if anybody on here ever said or even hinted at what you said before with this guy. Dont be a dummy, it was very clear transfer tate was not a better athlete than the players on Bethune Cookman's squad, he's not elite, so pay attention moron, he's not on this man's level, or maybe its because of the Cuban in em that's made the diference thus far:

His athletic testing numbers confirm he is more athletic than anyone on Bethune.

Advertisement
You’re talking about the UF game? I didn’t have a problem with him playing against UF. I figured fresh off a QB Comp that the nation expected him to win, he should be at least an effective decoy for game 1 not all season.

To credit him with Deejay’s success running the Wildcat is asinine and short sighted when Deejay has found success running out of that formation since he’s been here.

For all of the “It’s only Bethune” talk, most of our players looked like they were up against inferior and slower players. I didn’t have a problem with Tate getting PT, but again, he’s not in the top 6 WRs talent wise and he’s not even close to Deejay as a Wildcat QB.

Even Jimmy Murphy earned his shine. They are trying to manufacture a TD for your boy and it costed us in the Red Zone (I believe against UF too, forgot). The play after Tate’s Wildcat run, #31 blows up Cam on 4th down. No points after a pretty solid drive.

View attachment 97250

View attachment 97252

Looking at those screenshots, that’s an easy first down if not a TD. There are four blockers and four defenders (albeit, just Bethune defenders).

The man responsible for the ball carrier is on the inside yet the ball carrier runs back into him and gets stacked up.

View attachment 97253

See the guy on the outside not blocking anybody? His man was able to elude him and run to the ball carrier because he wasn’t following his blockers.

Finally, he dropped another one. It wasn’t a perfect throw as I recall but it hit him in the hands. I don’t really any of our other WRs dropping a pass on Saturday.

Him playing over other guys in non-garbage time minutes is not beneficial to the program at this point. It would make sense if he was competing with Jimmy Murphy for touches, not the JT’s, KJ’s, or Pope’s. I’d rather see Payton run the Wildcat honestly.

Looking forward to seeing how we come out against CM and to see if any poor coaching decisions are still being perpetuated. Hopefully the cream really begins to rise and the underperformrs aren’t just wasting downs.
The Tate RZ package needs to die in a fire. Didn't realize it was THAT bad though. If we're going wildcat let Deejay be the god**** QB and that's the end of it. Stop forcing the third string QB and 8th string WR into the game already!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back