Gurvan Hall

Advertisement
You can tell that both of the host, especially the gaytor fan, are practically praying that Hall ends up somewhere other than UM, but even in the midst of their hate for Miami, they still had to give Hall that #1 spot. I love it when the haters have no choice but to show love!

Gators will really hate it if he ends up here and then snatches a soul or three in 2019.

@RVA, does the stealth-like hate towards UM that is dsiplayed by the host, qualify as Gator Tears?

@RVA, does the stealth-like hate towards UM that is dsiplayed by the host, qualify as Gator Tears?

Yup... Every other player was "committed" to school x or school y and when they got to Hall it was "right now committed to Miami" and "wherever he ends up" as that Gayturd put it. Can't wait to see them cry on NSD 2018.

Advertisement
Hall and Jobe will be the best duo ever to play with each-other I think .. Def both are very elite and each one will leave their legacy at the U.

Seriously pumped for them to get here.

Hall and Jobe will be the best duo ever to play with each-other I think .. Def both are very elite and each one will leave their legacy at the U.

Seriously pumped for them to get here.

This is a bold statement and obviously it's not the first time we have seen this type of opinion on our Safety commits Jobe and Hall. Personally I feel that Jobe and Hall have the potential to be one of our greatest Safety tandems ever at the U. Reed and Taylor are the GOAT but they did not play together at the same time.

My question is for all of the film, recruiting and player evaluation junkies out there. I am one myself but there are plenty of posters here that are more knowledgeable. [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] and anyone who wants to chime in. How good are these 2 Safety prospects in terms of how they compare with other elite prospects from different years and so forth? In your opinion are these 2 good enough to potentially be our best tandem ever and why? What separates them athletically, physically, mentally and so on? Just how special are these kids? Elaborate and discuss. Give us something to think about during this boring offseason.

Last edited:
[MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]

Also, Hall and Jobe have CB skills. How do you see Diaz maximizing that skill set?

Yup... Every other player was "committed" to school x or school y and when they got to Hall it was "right now committed to Miami" and "wherever he ends up" as that Gayturd put it. Can't wait to see them cry on NSD 2018.

Indeed, my friend. Seeing them cry in early December and February will be like receiving two additional Christmases, one early and one late.

Advertisement
@FrancisSaywer, a lot to unpack, but here you go...

In terms of how good Gurvan Hall is, imo he's a top 5 Safety in the Nation regardless of website rankings.

He's very instinctual & gets to the ball very well, he's also a great tackler, very tough hitter, or to put it in more colorful terms, he's a f*ckin Hitman.

He absolutely annihilates people once he's keys in on his target, but what I like the most is he isn't reckless with it, he diagnoses the play and sizes up opponents before he squares his shoulders & delivers the strike.

He's a really good athlete as well, plays Basketball & you can tell by the way he tracks down the ball in the air.

An underrated part of his game is his ball skills, people think he's just a Box Safety, but at PB Lakes he actually played Single High Deep Centerfield quite a bit. He also has very good hands, he occasionally returned Punts & played some WR and catches the ball well.

My NFL comparison for him is a Devin McCourty type, high IQ, extremely consistent & but has a special ability to separate the ball from the runner.

With Jobe, I see a Byron Jones or Eric Reid type, versatile athlete that can play both CB & S, has good speed & just plays at a high level. He's grown man out there on the field, already has his college ready body & could be playing D1 ball right now if he were allowed.

Do I think the two of them will be the greatest Safety duo ever at Miami? No, that's just too lofty of expectations to put on these kids. Do I think they'll be very good, absolutely.

Now I actually believe Gilbert Frierson has even higher upside at Safety than even Jobe does. I know the staff really likes Gilbert at CB & I understand why, but man that kid IMO was born to play Safety at the next level.

Frierson is an incredibly gifted athlete, he's a physical freak of nature, comes from great Football stock & has the highest upside imo amongst the DB's along with Hall & Al Blades Jr.

He's the naturally gifted true Ballhawk that our secondary has missed, I compare him to a Antrel Rolle type, and from a physical standpoint reminds me of Patrick Peterson. He doesn't have Peterson's blazing speed, but like him just has tools & athletic gifts that you simply cannot teach.

This #Storm18 DB class could be the best haul of DB's since the Dynasty days, but it's still a too early for me to say they're going to be the best ever. I'm sorry but people either forget or simply just don't know how good Ed Reed & Sean Taylor were.

Those guys were two of God's greatest creations when it comes to the Football field, literally the 2 best Safety's to ever play the game, you're gonna have to wait a couple decades before we see anything like them again.

But these kids coming in all have great upside & can be very special for us, I definitely think they'll help us win #6 .

@FrancisSaywer, a lot to unpack, but here you go...

In terms of how good Gurvan Hall is, imo he's a top 5 Safety in the Nation regardless of website rankings.

He's very instinctual & gets to the ball very well, he's also a great tackler, very tough hitter, or to put it in more colorful terms, he's a f*ckin Hitman.

He absolutely annihilates people once he's keys in on his target, but what I like the most is he isn't reckless with it, he diagnoses the play and sizes up opponents before he squares his shoulders & delivers the strike.

He's a really good athlete as well, plays Basketball & you can tell by the way he tracks down the ball in the air.

An underrated part of his game is his ball skills, people think he's just a Box Safety, but at PB Lakes he actually played Single High Deep Centerfield quite a bit. He also has very good hands, he occasionally returned Punts & played some WR and catches the ball well.

My NFL comparison for him is a Devin McCourty type, high IQ, extremely consistent & but has a special ability to separate the ball from the runner.

With Jobe, I see a Byron Jones or Eric Reid type, versatile athlete that can play both CB & S, has good speed & just plays at a high level. He's grown man out there on the field, already has his college ready body & could be playing D1 ball right now if he were allowed.

Do I think the two of them will be the greatest Safety duo ever at Miami? No, that's just too lofty of expectations to put on these kids. Do I think they'll be very good, absolutely.

Now I actually believe Gilbert Frierson has even higher upside at Safety than even Jobe does. I know the staff really likes Gilbert at CB & I understand why, but man that kid IMO was born to play Safety at the next level.

Frierson is an incredibly gifted athlete, he's a physical freak of nature, comes from great Football stock & has the highest upside imo amongst the DB's along with Hall & Al Blades Jr.

He's the naturally gifted true Ballhawk that our secondary has missed, I compare him to a Antrel Rolle type, and from a physical standpoint reminds me of Patrick Peterson. He doesn't have Peterson's blazing speed, but like him just has tools & athletic gifts that you simply cannot teach.

This #Storm18 DB class could be the best haul of DB's since the Dynasty days, but it's still a too early for me to say they're going to be the best ever. I'm sorry but people either forget or simply just don't know how good Ed Reed & Sean Taylor were.

Those guys were two of God's greatest creations when it comes to the Football field, literally the 2 best Safety's to ever play the game, you're gonna have to wait a couple decades before we see anything like them again.

But these kids coming in all have great upside & can be very special for us, I definitely think they'll help us win #6 .

Two differences in Hall and Jobe...When Hall hits you you're going sideways and Jobe hits you you're going backwards..

Advertisement
Advertisement
"I'm sorry but people either forget or simply just don't know how good Ed Reed & Sean Taylor were.

Those guys were two of God's greatest creations when it comes to the Football field, literally the 2 best Safety's to ever play the game, you're gonna have to wait a couple decades before we see anything like them again."

Goosebumps

Sorry for the super long post, but he asked so I answered lol

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I agree 100% with your assessment. I especially agree about Frierson being a natural ballhawk FS. Why are the coaches so adamant about Frierson at CB? I would rather have Jobe at CB and Frierson at FS but I'm just a fan. Also regarding Reed and Taylor sometimes I think that people don't fully grasp the fact the we had 2 first ballot NFL HOF players at FS back to back. There will never be another 2 like that. Not only were Reed and Taylor first ballot NFL HOF but IMO those 2 are the 2 best safeties in the history of the NFL. Had Taylor's career not been tragically cut short he may have been the consensus GOAT at Safety. Even ahead of Reed but that's another discussion altogether.

You can tell that both of the host, especially the gaytor fan, are practically praying that Hall ends up somewhere other than UM, but even in the midst of their hate for Miami, they still had to give Hall that #1 spot. I love it when the haters have no choice but to show love!

I can understand their hate. I can't bring myself to say anything positive about the lizards but I won't attack 17 and 18-year-old kid personally. But I do wish they lose every freaking game they play forever

Advertisement
Back