Gurvan Hall

@FrancisSaywer, a lot to unpack, but here you go...

In terms of how good Gurvan Hall is, imo he's a top 5 Safety in the Nation regardless of website rankings.

He's very instinctual & gets to the ball very well, he's also a great tackler, very tough hitter, or to put it in more colorful terms, he's a f*ckin Hitman.

He absolutely annihilates people once he's keys in on his target, but what I like the most is he isn't reckless with it, he diagnoses the play and sizes up opponents before he squares his shoulders & delivers the strike.

He's a really good athlete as well, plays Basketball & you can tell by the way he tracks down the ball in the air.

An underrated part of his game is his ball skills, people think he's just a Box Safety, but at PB Lakes he actually played Single High Deep Centerfield quite a bit. He also has very good hands, he occasionally returned Punts & played some WR and catches the ball well.

My NFL comparison for him is a Devin McCourty type, high IQ, extremely consistent & but has a special ability to separate the ball from the runner.

With Jobe, I see a Byron Jones or Eric Reid type, versatile athlete that can play both CB & S, has good speed & just plays at a high level. He's grown man out there on the field, already has his college ready body & could be playing D1 ball right now if he were allowed.

Do I think the two of them will be the greatest Safety duo ever at Miami? No, that's just too lofty of expectations to put on these kids. Do I think they'll be very good, absolutely.

Now I actually believe Gilbert Frierson has even higher upside at Safety than even Jobe does. I know the staff really likes Gilbert at CB & I understand why, but man that kid IMO was born to play Safety at the next level.

Frierson is an incredibly gifted athlete, he's a physical freak of nature, comes from great Football stock & has the highest upside imo amongst the DB's along with Hall & Al Blades Jr.

He's the naturally gifted true Ballhawk that our secondary has missed, I compare him to a Antrel Rolle type, and from a physical standpoint reminds me of Patrick Peterson. He doesn't have Peterson's blazing speed, but like him just has tools & athletic gifts that you simply cannot teach.

This #Storm18 DB class could be the best haul of DB's since the Dynasty days, but it's still a too early for me to say they're going to be the best ever. I'm sorry but people either forget or simply just don't know how good Ed Reed & Sean Taylor were.

Those guys were two of God's greatest creations when it comes to the Football field, literally the 2 best Safety's to ever play the game, you're gonna have to wait a couple decades before we see anything like them again.

But these kids coming in all have great upside & can be very special for us, I definitely think they'll help us win #6 .

Great stuff El, learned a lot. Thx

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hall projected at FS or SS in college?

good enough to play both. Probably will play SS since we have a lot of FS talent coming in

also he has a track record of breaking runners in half on impact

I was wondering because we don't have a legit FS right now. redwine has been good in tackling, but he doesn't have the instincts or ball skills to be a great FS imo. he always looks awkward in coverage out there.

good enough to play both. Probably will play SS since we have a lot of FS talent coming in

I was wondering because we don't have a legit FS right now. redwine has been good in tackling, but he doesn't have the instincts or ball skills to be a great FS imo. he always looks awkward in coverage out there.
Campbell / Ivey corner
Gurvan hall /blades strong safety
Jobe /frierson free safety

Campbell / Ivey corner

No fly zone

Advertisement

Campbell / Ivey corner

No fly zone

I’m glad there is no talk of Miami and Nigel bethel anymore. Was never needed

Campbell / Ivey corner

No fly zone

I’m glad there is no talk of Miami and Nigel bethel anymore. Was never needed

We dont need anymore DB's. After Campbell we should shut it down unless someone elite wants in.

Campbell / Ivey corner

Hard to see every db sticking if Campbell commits, especially if both him and Surtain commits.

And i dont see strong safety in Blades looks like a natural corner

Campbell / Ivey corner

No fly zone

What up?

Advertisement
Nobody is ever going to surpass the greatness of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed but we havent had a great safety duo starting at the same time that I can recall. Taylor had Mo Sikes and greg threat playing next to him... they both had their moments but really weren't that good individually.

I think Ed Reed had Al Blades along side him, which was a very good duo, probably the best we've had so far..

Kenny Phillips played with Brandon Meriweather I think for 2 years maybe just 1... that's a great duo as well but not anything that can't be surpassed.

Rayshawn Jenkins and Jamal Carter were a very good duo as well of course not great...

I think a Josh Jobe and Gurvan Hall duo playing together for 4 years in a row (which is something we haven't had that I can recall) could become the greatest safety duo to ever play at UM if they're as talented as we know they are.

[TWEET]915024427607347200[/TWEET]
[TWEET]915022789802954752[/TWEET]
Was from last week, but forgot to post it.

Now, couple that with Frierson & two of our top DB's are playing WR at a high level.

Which means we got 2 future Natural Ballhawks on our Defense fellas.

Advertisement
[TWEET]915024427607347200[/TWEET]
[TWEET]915022789802954752[/TWEET]
Was from last week, but forgot to post it.

Now, couple that with Frierson & two of our top DB's are playing WR at a high level.

Which means we got 2 future Natural Ballhawks on our Defense fellas.

Cant wait to field an elite secondary a true miami secondary. It will make this defense scary

Advertisement
Back