Gurvan Hall Tackle

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember all the hype about him that had me drinking the kool aid. But now I don't trust any South Florida player we recruit. Maybe Stevenson but I see Georgia don't miss him.

Advertisement
I remember all the hype about him that had me drinking the kool aid. But now I don't trust any South Florida player we recruit. Maybe Stevenson but I see Georgia don't miss him.
Georgia had him playing inside/slot which I think he is a better fit. He does a good job supporting the run

Advertisement
From what anyone who’s been at practice can see: what are the tackling drills like? I don’t understand how week in and week out our BS tackling never gets fixed. Nobody on the back end wants to wrap up, they all think they’re Taylor and can just lay people out, but just bounce off people.

He's a second round draft pick under Saban. Kid made a life altering mistake "MaKiNG tHE cRiB GrEaT agAiN" by selecting this **** hole program
No the ****; he wouldnt . I remember his camp/combine time from his sr year was posted when we recruited him and i was puzzled. He was avg in size ...and his #s were Robert Knowles like....think he ran a 4.7 or .4.8 . H e would be what he is anywhere....the things he does you cant coach out of him..he literally is put in positions to make plays and does the stuff he does.

Hes afraid to tackle in space, and cant cover well

Advertisement
The bad tackling (as in no-one other than James Williams, Keontra and Tyrique actually make tackles) has gotten to the point of ludicrous. I can't believe a Miami defense can look this porous. It's embarrassing.

Until further notice, Defensive meetings & practice should be about two things only the ENTIRE SESSION:

1) Tackling - film study, discussion of technique (join Pete Carroll & go rugby style so you actually wrap people up), slow motion demos, live practice drills & live scrimmages (within the bounds of NCAA rules). Forget injury risk at this point. There is literally no resistance being put up by the front seven which means the DBs are left on an island and have to clean everything up. The open space in the middle of the field is so huge that the DBs odds of making a play are pretty low. It's basically a Nofense instead of a Defense...where only the opponent's mistakes stop them (dropped passes etc).

2) Basic Formations & Shedding Blocks: Depending on the down & distance, have a few basic formations where the players (especially the LBs) stay well positioned in the field of play in a position to make a gotd*@#n tackle. They've also gotta show some elusive & toughness and learn to shed blocks. Drill this repeatedly until they get light years better at it.

3) Film Study: Learn the opponent's primary offensive formations so the players are better able to diagnose the play and be in position to make a play.

The coaches are getting paid well over $5 million a year to coach and this is the garb@ge they come up with (especially on Defense). It has gotten beyond ridiculous. Keep it simple. Back to basics. Teach the fundamentals. Tackling, shedding blocks, being in the right position & toughness. The players on D also need to step up and show some pride in their craft. Tyrique, Keontra and James Williams play with some fire & toughness.

The Defense is just shockingly porous right now. DL is basically a non-factor and the LBs aren't even visibly involved in the play about half the time. It's just terrible.

He does what we do on defense. He stops his feet and leans into contact with his shoulder. Take your **** legs with you and drive through the thighs (for the style of tackling we teach). This is basic physics when one side is stopping their feet, they're also stopping their acceleration and we all know that if you lower your acceleration and the other side isn't, you're going to get trucked.

The tackling technique is so bad I truly cannot stand it. Team should have one loss but they continually step on their own dongs.

Advertisement
Back