Gurvan Hall should never start again

I didn't see the game, but I know everybody is sweatin Williams, but to me, I always thought Kam Kitchens was the better of the two when it comes to coverage. It would appear that Bolden and Williams play the strong safety position while Kam is the Fs. With both of them on the filled at the same time, Bolden & Williams, there's know ball hawker on the field. I would rather have either Bolden and Kam starting or Williams and Kam starting cuz Bolden really hasn't blown me away this year at all and he hasn't been good in coverage. Now when Avantae comes back, after the first game he starts right away in my opinion at either one of the safeties position because he is the best safety on this team. (Not crowning Tae yet cuz he hasn't played in a college game)

Advertisement
I didn't see the game, but I know everybody is sweatin Williams, but to me, I always thought Kam Kitchens was the better of the two when it comes to coverage. It would appear that Bolden and Williams play the strong safety position while Kam is the Fs. With both of them on the filled at the same time, Bolden & Williams, there's know ball hawker on the field. I would rather have either Bolden and Kam starting or Williams and Kam starting cuz Bolden really hasn't blown me away this year at all and he hasn't been good in coverage. Now when Avantae comes back, after the first game he starts right away in my opinion at either one of the safeties position because he is the best safety on this team. (Not crowning Tae yet cuz he hasn't played in a college game)
You pretty much crowned Tae. And picked our safeties based on not watching.

1632755939656.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I had high hopes for Hall. ****, Nick Saban landed a heli on his high school field to woo him. For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out. I saw more plays (1) being made by JW0 on Saturday than I can remember Hall making his entire career. Time to play the pups. Period.

I had high hopes for Hall. ****, Nick Saban landed a heli on his high school field to woo him. For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out. I saw more plays (1) being made by JW0 on Saturday than I can remember Hall making his entire career. Time to play the pups. Period.

Maybe he doesn't practice hard enough

Hall hasn’t lived up to it this year. End of story. Even before tackling the wrong guy, he has muffed a ton of plays this year. He had a few shoe string tackles at the LOS that have been decent but far too many mistakes and positive yardage by our competition to have him play. Haven’t been impressed with Bolden either but I can appreciate that Manny also has the dubious position of making sure kids get drafted so to keep recruits wanting to come here. I think he is our best shot this year for the draft, so he needs to keep some of his playing time. But for Hall, have a seat next to Ivey please.

Advertisement
He played horrible all last year and now its carrying over to this year. Not sure how many more chances he gets here. But I will say hes lucky that Tae got into trouble. I think he would have overtaken Halls spot at this point.

He was suspended for failing to attempt to tackle a ball carrier and instead, veering off at the last second to tackle a player who did not have the ball.

Hall’s play made me wonder if some players are trying to throw the game/point shaving.
I thought the same

he has neither above average size or speed, and is not very physical, I see him as more of a corner

Same with Bolden. Kinchens and Williams should be starting. It's time to move on. See the WR's. Kinchens and Williams have a future on Sundays.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Hall is mentally checked out. Once that happens and a player changes his priority from making the NFL to his degree, the player stops putting in extra time for workouts and film. Probably an overall good decision by Hall as pro football is not where he will earn a living, but any decent coach can observe what I am writing. And more importantly, the guy "behind" hall does expect to earn a living playing professional football and is going to do all the extra things to make that a reality. Play that guy.

Your pretty much crowned Tae. And picked our safeties based on not watching.

View attachment 155973
I guess you totally missed the last end of my statement... It doesn't take me watching us play against the sistas of the poor to gauge the speed and field awareness from Tae vs Williams and the rest of the safeties currently starting on our roster. Come back in two weeks when he returns to the team and we'll revisit this conversation.

Most embarrassing play since Brandon Merriweather got trucked and hurdled on the same play.

I remember that play.

the saddest part of it was the 4 missed tackles, not just merriweather getting blasted. that play should have gone for no gain.

total disgrace.

Advertisement
Most embarrassing play since Brandon Merriweather got trucked and hurdled on the same play.

Or teddy bridgwater telling Artie “Hey Artie” then commencing to throw a TD in his direction…we down bad..where’s the Henny 🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Back