Gurvan Hall might be All ACC defender

Advertisement
Have to Disagree with you about this being the same Diaz Defense. It is more Containment and Focused on shutting down the Run. That S... might work against running teams but as we get into the Meat of this schedule, they better generate some pass rush, pressure, and more physicality.

Ford and Bethel are excellent against the Run and Bethel is getting better at getting in the Backfield to create pressure the last 2 games. But Bethel is not a true 3Tech, so why not try the guy from UCLA with the hard name, Blisset and Miller more to generate pressure.

I think Stefan Adams agrees with me as well, this is what he posted on our Defense:
""" This is not the same Manny Diaz defense Miami fans have been accustomed to over the years. It seems like Miami is playing a variation of “bend but don’t break defense”, which, with the talent on this roster, is borderline criminal behavior from Blake Baker. It’s soft and playing not to lose, instead of unleashing the bottled up aggression that the past 3 UM defenses have done successfully."""

He’s playing out of position in this defense needs to be at strong and have a more rangy guy at free with instincts. He had a good game against the run

Advertisement
I'll say this: he hits like a #26 should.

He is better playing downhill. He did look better in coverage this week tho. Whether that was because it was against lesser talent or because he is improving is to be seen. But he definitely looked better in coverage.

He needs reps and he should be just fine. Just isn't totally there yet.

Kid isn't there yet. Finally started making some plays against CMU but prior to that he looked lost and slow. Hopefully he was just thinking too much and now things are slowing down for him.

Sam Shields looked lost that Spring Shannon Switched him to CB out there at Lock Hart Stadium, but he got better and better and played at a high level in the NFL.

Gurvan is going to do his thing, would love to see him and Bolden on the Field at the Same Time!

The only crime being committed on this Defense is Diaz not checking Baker and taking this Defense back over. We need Fast and Aggressive again, Now!

Advertisement
I agree 100%, I made sure that I checked out Josh Jobe, Tyson Campbell last season and they were getting worked. Surtain was the one that looked more polished and I don't think Stevenson played that much at all last season. Besides his speed, Tyson Campbell has not made a name for himself as an Elite College CB yet at Georgia.
I agree with Jobe and Campbell statement. I think Tyson was starting to play more free and confident until the recent injury set him back. I don't think Josh Jobe is a corner and has struggled in coverage this season with a legit front seven. We can argue Gurvan is having a better season up to this point than both.

After watching the CMU game closely. This kid seems to be getting better and showing more promise. Explosive athlete and tackling has been really improving. I think he may be on the rise
That's why Mr. Satan came down on this Helicopter to visit him.

You want to make them Dogs in that Secondary, then you loose A Dog **** Coach on them.

There is no reason why "THIS REMAINING SEASON Gurvan Hall, Bubba Bolden, Trajan Bandy and Blades JR can't be one of the Best Feared Secondaries in the Country!!! Get in that **** point Blank!!!!

I told fools up here hall was gone be alright and he just needed to get his feet wet. Jaquan struggled his first few games starting too.

Advertisement
He simply needs the reps. He should have gotten more snaps against Bethune Cookman as well. He is a much much better football player than number 20. He simply needs the reps. Coaching 101. Plus, his position coach is a tool.

If we don’t fugg Bubba up back there, or game day management, we should have a formidable duo.

Advertisement
Gurvan will be fine, especially at SS. Bolden HAS to play FS - it would form a formidable duo back there and maybe, just maybe, stop Bakers weak sister *** game planning, and allow this defense to T off on people and play aggressively. This bend don’t break crap may have worked at Louisiana Tech but this ain’t Kansas anymore Billy Bob; it’s the U. We play to a higher standard here ******.

You can see flashes of his elite athletic ability, but he's a long way from being All ACC at this point

Wasted on a **** team is what i mean and 100 substitutions. This is probably the only kid that can play on those elite teams like Clemson bama uga osu. One kid on a UM defense that can play at those places....thats bad recruiting. This kid deserves to look good with a real front seven. I think him and Brooks are the only guys that look fast and play fast. Maybe he wont be wasted but no one should ever take snaps away from him unless he subs himself out.

And I **** near got killed through the board for saying Florida's defense looked more explosive than ours...

Advertisement
Back