Gurvan Hall/Mark Richt

pasadenacb6

Redshirt Freshman
First off it's great to be a Miami Hurricane ain't it lol. It's been a long time since we've felt confident and so positive about the future of this program. But let me get to it.. this young man Gurvan Hall imo is one of the best safety's in South Florida and was a HUGE get for us. And as it's looking he's a Cane lock. I believe he and Jobe have the highest ceiling out of our DB class. He plays aggressively, instinctively and seems pretty good with his coverage skills. And he is also anotha bad mon back in the secondary, add Amari and Russell.. no need to say more.

And as for Mark Richt.. Man the football gods looked out big time for him to fall in our lap. I was a Butch Davis guy all the way. I wanted him to get the job and to be honest I was disappointed when he wasn't picked to be our next Head Coach. But things happen for a reason and coach Richt has our Canes heading in the right direction. He's a players coach, keeps it real with everyone around him and is highly respected across the country. And the passion he has for this program, his Alma Matter is awesome man. Like I said before, he's our next Jimmy Johnson. He couldn't get it done at his first school but will get it done at his second. He hasn't had a plethora of talent like he has here in South Florida anywhere else. No need to look else where for skill players, recruit SF first and then OOS and he knows that. Plus Manny Diaz's, coach Kool and that D... smh the future is so bright for our Canes yal boys. I smell something brewing here in Miami man and it's a great feeling.. it's great to be a Miami Hurricane. Be easy Canes fam !

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson wasn't a players coach, and he was anything but calm and collected during games. I think Richt is more like Erickson if anyone.

Advertisement
Richt had uber-talented teams at GA.

I will agree that those kids didn't have the South Florida mentality. But we don't know if Richt coached it out of them or if they just never had it.

As a Richt fan I tend to lean more towards they were ballers but they weren't So Florida ballers. It seems like Richt is going to lock up a tremendous amount of So. Florida talent and we can see if it makes a difference.

Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes at GA. And is able get his team over the hump.

I will agree that those kids didn't have the South Florida mentality. But we don't know if Richt coached it out of them or if they just never had it.

As a Richt fan I tend to lean more towards they were ballers but they weren't So Florida ballers. It seems like Richt is going to lock up a tremendous amount of So. Florida talent and we can see if it makes a difference.

Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes at GA. And is able get his team over the hump.

Look no further than Al Golden vs UF and Mark Richt vs UF if you're unsure if FL talent is different than GA talent.

Look no further than Al Golden vs UF and Mark Richt vs UF if you're unsure if FL talent is different than GA talent.

Good analysis.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Not saying I'm unsure but if you look at Bama they have no problem fielding great teams with kids from all parts of the South.

Most believe myself included that So Fla> everyone else. Richt and his staff are going to have a great chance to prove that.

Advertisement
Back