Gurvan Hall excited about Miami's recruiting class

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0213.jpg

Palm Beach Lakes 2018 safety Gurvan Hall has officially hit the big time. Miami has been on the 6-2, 190-pound defensive back since their Paradise camp last July, but the likes of Alabama and LSU have recently offered as well.

Hall was at Miami's bowl win victory over West Virginia and says he paid close attention to their season.

"They're a great coaching staff and I respect them 100%," Hall said. "When I first met them, they welcomed me in and it was shocking."

"I like how they played the true freshmen at linebacker, because normally people don't do that."

Not only did Hall watch Miami on the field this season, but he seems to be following their recruiting class closely too.

"They're starting to bring back that old 'U' and I'm pretty sure that 2017 class is going to be one that notches it. The 2018 class is going to be the one that wins that whole NCAA championship," Hall added.

The West Palm Beach product said that he speaks with Gilbert Frierson, Trajan Bandy, and Amari Carter most frequently of any recruits in south Florida -- all of which happen to be future Canes. He explained what it would be like to play with some of those guys.

"We're just going to feel bad for the receivers and quarterbacks. We all some dogs and if we go to the same school, it would be great," he said.

Coaches from LSU, Alabama, UF, and USF have been by Hall's school over the past week. He said he's not worried about receiving any more offers in specific and that he would rather just "stay humble and hungry".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really hope this kid sticks. IIRC, some time last year he said it's likely he and amari will go to the same school. More importantly, his reported transfer to Dwyer didn't materialize.

Last edited:
More smoke about this 2017 Squad. Hope we get this kid in 18' so he can bring #6 .

Sounds like a cane and he should be. Safeties would be freaky with him and Gilbert

Advertisement
Really impressive early film. Love what he and Frierson bring as Safety prospects.

It sounds like Al Shipman is making sure this young man knows what The U is all about. I'm still hoping he doesn't transfer to Dwyer over the summer like some have said we can expect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We can start dreaming right now. Storm 18 will be the team that bring Miami Back check out the class if we get them all. Al Blades, Gurvan Hall, Surtain Jr, Asante Samuel, Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe, DJ Ivey and Gilbert Frierson. What a defense that would be. Defense win Championships and know one will stop the U with them. Go Canes.

Advertisement
We can start dreaming right now. Storm 18 will be the team that bring Miami Back check out the class if we get them all. Al Blades, Gurvan Hall, Surtain Jr, Asante Samuel, Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe, DJ Ivey and Gilbert Frierson. What a defense that would be. Defense win Championships and know one will stop the U with them. Go Canes.

We will pull that class when **** freezes over. Doubt we get Samuel & Surtain. Hopefully Jobe can resist the bags that Bama is going to drop. Hope we can snag Campbell. Blades (even though not committed yet), Frierson, & Ivey seem like they going to stick. Our DB class will no doubt be elite, but I don't think we pull all of them. Not saying we wont take 6-8 DBs, but lets be realistic you named like the top 8 DBs in SoFlo

Don't forget Russell at S

Advertisement
Back