Gurvan Hall (2018)

Advertisement

Yes, that was back when he got offered. Scout.com found him before I did actually, had no idea who he was until they had him in their junior 300 list surprisingly. That was back in May when I put him in my database. I was going to comment on that other thread 247 had on the 2018 DBs, most of what I was going to touch on is in the Columbus vs Northwestern thread that Pete had up.

This was back at the end of June. Post I have on 2018 DBs in the state, just added a couple new ones today in Legend Moore from Hallandale & Chris Metayer from Miami Central - https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/2018-sunshine-db/99689?highlight=Sunshine+state+db's

Last edited:
Thanks, Geo! Kid has the most impressive tape out of any Safety prospect that we have recruited in a while, in my opinion. Shows great range, burst, speed, tackling ability, instincts, and ferociousness.

As for the poster who asked if he has that dog in him. All you gotta do is watch the highlight videos that Geo posted. In one of them he chased down a dude that had a good 7-10 yard head start on him to keep him from scoring. That's the type of player I want on our Canes. Old-school, never quit attitude.

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] I heard he got a little bigger and could possibly be a LB at the college level when it's all said and done. The kid's a great athlete

I love moving kids forward. It is old school JJ Canes. Get the speed closer to LOS and let it reek havoc.

Hardly a secret anymore, though. Virtually every major P5 school does this

Advertisement
Froggy Shipman was one of my favorite Canes during the Erickson days. Our kick coverage for a year under the incompetent Dave Arnold consisted of the return man breaking free and Shipman running him down from anywhere. He was as football fast as anyone I've ever seen. There were plays where the return man looked like he had a clear to a TD, and all of sudden, you'd see this blur enter the screen to tackle the dude.

I hope Ice Man Gurvan destroys that facquit Daniels at Dwyer. Let's go Ice Man.

Al is maybe the fastest guy I have ever seen on the field. Dude was a blur and tough as f*ck. Nobody really wanted to test him in high school, on or off the field. But for turf toe his senior year, he would've been one of the top recruits in the country. Glad to see he's at Lakes. One of South Florida high school football's great mysteries is why Lakes has not had a dominant football program. Hope Al changes that. Lakes' predecessors, North Shore and Twin Lakes, had some legendary players.

Advertisement
[TWEET]776580354572361728[/TWEET]

Lol

[TWEET]776870091879280640[/TWEET]

2018 4* S/ATH Gurvan Hall from Palm Beach Lakes on the left. 2018 3* LB/S Cameron Jonas from Dwyer on the right. #Canes lead

Advertisement
I live in the area, have to go check out some games. Glad we're back heavy in PBC.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I was at the Dwyer/Lakes game last night.....Lakes hung with Dwyer the first half and fell apart. Lakes couldn't move the ball at all on offense.

Gurvan is a big fan of Sean Taylor as well as Miami. His coach is also former Cane Al Shipman.

He'll be playing Dwyer tonight.

View attachment 38603

Can somebody reach out to Al for me and tell me whats up with his older sister Paula Shipman for me? She was so dam fine maybe she gained a lil weght and lost a lil confidence and i have a chance at her now

bleaRk, are you from the 561?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back