Gunter at Safety

Advertisement
Burns would be a good Free Safety on Passing downs, but he takes bad angles when he's coming to make tackles in the open field.

He lined up some in the past but he was the full time safety in nickel against Duke (along with Bush). Against teams with bigger slots or split out TEs he should really excel in that role.

Burns at safety would be wasteful IMO, even in nickel. He has elite upside at CB. His best ability atm is turning and running with WRs, and he's getting better at underneath stuff. Being a MOF safety is a bit different skill set, and I think if Jenkins comes back healthy next year, him and Carter should be good in that role, with Deon and Dallas rotating in.

From what I can see at the game Gunter played safety mostly when we blitzed the Weak side LB (Grace). And he rolled down to play man like a CB. Either way you look at it Dallas Crawford is not dependable out there in space when a play action can be run.

Were you sitting in section 116?

Yeah man section 116, row 12.

I thought that Gunter analysis sounded familiar. I was the guy sitting in front of you who you had that convo with. Good time mane.

Speaking of...

Grace looks great in space and when he's sent on non-edge blitzes.

Don't bet the house on Rayshawn coming back, injury is very serious. He might be done.

Advertisement
It's going to be interesting to see what Coach D does with the defense. I think you have to start Bush and Crawford at the safety spots, and Elder, and Gunter at the corners. To me, they have been the most consistent tacklers on the defense this year.

Jenkins is a good fit at Free safety. Carter is a good box safety. Bush has the potential to do both But has looked good coming downhill in run support. Right now we have 3 guys who are better against the run. We need a centerfield type to compliment since we play a lot of cover 3 and if we keep being aggressive in the box we really need one to mop up

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back