Guidry

Advertisement
To be fare he wasn't able to run his D because of injuries. He had to run a 3/3/5 this year. That's not his base D. I believe he runs a 4/2/5 as his base.
I think he ran a lot of 335 at Marshall and had shown he bases his scheme off his players typically.

Pay Me GIF

Advertisement
Like the entire team we need upgrades at every position

Guidry covered up alot this year, get my guy some better corners and other guys outside of bain that can win 1on1s more often and we will be even better

Advertisement
Self-promotion/begging for help.
Someone will throw him a life jacket.

Hope this means he’s locked in at least another year

Love Guidry as DC. He had been an invaluable addition to the staff and an absolute home run by Mario by hiring him and giving him the opportunity that he had earned. Now, if he could only hire an OC that good ...

Back to my point and that is that Guidry is correct and after a year of experience within the system the defense should improve as the true freshman develop and we add more talent but there is a catch. We desperately need to address the elephant in the room. No not Brian London. I mean the extremely tenuous state of our DT situation. This must be addressed or Guidry no matter how good or creative he is won't be able to overcome it. Think of our defensive effort vs Louisville. Missing Leonard Taylor really really exposed us and made it extremely difficult to win on first down allowing the Cards to control tempo and the game. This season we were extremely thin at DT yet we were able to effectively stop the run and finish 13th in the nation vs the run due to extraordinary play by Leonard Taylor who was the linchpin, Jared Harrison-Hunte, Brandon Deen and Ahmad Moten and the schematic brilliance of Lance Guidry. The potential loss of both Taylor and Deen makes this position alarmingly thin in both quantity and quality. Mario and staff truly have their work cut out for them. We must succeed in the portal plus keep Artavious Jones and add another. We cannot keep kicking the can down the road because eventually physics takes over and no amount of schematic wizardry or emotionally stirring pre game speeches will be able to stem the tide when the levee breaks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back