Guidry nominated for Broyles award

Literally, every aspect of our defense has gotten better since he has been here. I like the scheme (3-3-5), the game time adjustments (finally, in real time), and the fundamentals (attacking the ball, tackling, etc.). And he actually adjusts the defense to the personnel. Guy is an 11 out of 10 as a DC.

We would be 4-6 without this guy.
Created all the "chaos" that Manny tried to create but without all the glaring wide open zones and unsound gap control in the run game.

Dude has done a phenomenal job in year one. Excited to see what he can do when he gets more of his players. Hopefully he's even here that long.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Ric-Flair-GIF-to-Be-The-Man.gif

He did bolt Tulane for Miami. Mario did give him his first P5 opportunity. Guidry seems like a loyal / humble / grateful guy and combined with his history…I would imagine that buys Mario at least 2 years no matter what. Fingers crossed

I agree....except if it's lsu. That's the one I think there's nothing we could do. It's such a strong pull for people from Louisiana.
But hopefully they don't look at him.

I like him as a coach alot better than I thought I would. Defense is definitely not the problem.

Still some things I'd like to see cleaned up.

Advertisement
If he goes to LSU or anywhere else for that matter… Mario isn’t serious about winning.

He’s proved his worth with a mediocre defensive roster. He the reason why we have 6 wins.

There is a very good chance we are replacing both coordinators, again. I can see Taylor being the new DC.

Advertisement
Good article on Guidry and his time at McNeese State. Among the fellow staff was Chris Hampton, who was the DC at Tulane last season before jumping to Oregon this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back