2023 Guess who has the top recruiting class in the ACC?

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
1659747488136.png

Advertisement
It’s been a good 8 months of recruiting

Where we rank and all that…it’s nice to see the validation but what excites me is the lower ranked kids in the class

Rankings aren’t everything but our classes always had quite a few head scratchers in them

Nothing even close to that right now in this class

Advertisement
Curious though.....we have one less commit than Clemson, have a slightly lower average,and yet we are ahead of them? Not complaining though....

That's the first thing I noticed and was confused as **** about. I don't recall seeing that before.

I have seen more commits equalling a higher ranking, but the lower class had a higher average.

Call me confused on how it works after this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In layman’s terms (hypothetical)

Rank PTS Team Rating Stars
#1 50 MIA .99 5
#2 38 CLE .98 5
#3 35 CLE .98 5
#4 32 MIA .96 4
#5 31 MIA .95 4
#6 18 CLE .93 4
#7 5 CLE .90 4
#8 4 CLE .90 4
#9 3 MIA .88 3
#10 2 MIA .84 3

Miami 118 pts .922 Avg
Clemson 110 pts .938 Avg

Just made this up quick to illustrate that points awarded to top players is exponential and not the same as average commit ranking. It is made up to illustrate the point.

It’s all just stats. You can make them say whatever you want. I personally like this system because it doesn’t punish a team for having one or two guys committed at the bottom of the ranking system. Sometimes these guys just haven’t been evaluated. This system places a higher value on top end players and less on the difference between low 4 stars and 3 stars.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back