Guess the DB depth chart next year.

Advertisement
Moving Redwine to safety means we'd lose our top three CBs from 2016.

Advertisement
What have people seen or heard about Finley since he's been at Miami that suggests he gets the starter nod?

Moving Redwine to safety means we'd lose our top three CBs from 2016.

so be it.. dude isn't a corner

Oh cool, we just won't have corner on that side because we don't have a "true" corner. I'm sure we can just ask other teams not to throw over there or at least let us know before they do so we can move our corner to that side.

no we recruit one, or move someone else in that spot. Redwine is really bad at corner.. now you guys want him to be a number 1 corner?? its not going to work

Advertisement
CB1 - Redwine
CB 2- Young
Nickel - Dallas
FS - Johnson
SS - Finley

redwine isn't a number 1 corner.. he needs to be moved to safety

He might not be.. But do you see another corner on that roster ahead of him? You could probably argue for Young.. But then ok he's a #2 corner. Still on the field the same amount of time and still facing D1 WR's. Also don't know where this idea of him moving to Safety is coming from. We don't have enough corner depth and we're moving one of our better corners to safety.. Makes a lot more sense when you say it loud.

All I know is that our opponents better work on getting the ball out quickly with the front 7 we have coming back. The whole baptism by fire that our 3 freshmen LBs went through this year is going to pay off in a huge way over the next 2-3 years.

CB1 - Redwine
CB 2- Young
Nickel - Dallas
FS - Johnson
SS - Finley

redwine isn't a number 1 corner.. he needs to be moved to safety

He might not be.. But do you see another corner on that roster ahead of him? You could probably argue for Young.. But then ok he's a #2 corner. Still on the field the same amount of time and still facing D1 WR's. Also don't know where this idea of him moving to Safety is coming from. We don't have enough corner depth and we're moving one of our better corners to safety.. Makes a lot more sense when you say it loud.

with him at CB is still no depth.. need to recruit or move someone there

Advertisement
Redwine might not be a shutdown CB but his physicality at the position can help. You need a CB that's going to help against the run.

CB1 Redwine/M.Jackson/Ced.Wright
CB2 Young/Mays/Bandy
Nickel J. Johnson/Dallas
FS J. Johnson/Knowles/Jeff James
SS Finley/A.Carter/Gibson

Depending on how these guys develop in the off season will tell where JJ plays. He will be our starting FS. But I feel if DJ Dallas is what he advertise he could be a playmaker at the nickle slash rover. Bandy could also be in this role, This allows you to have more playmakers on the field at once.

But there is a possibility that Dallas will be on offense.

If Finley is what we think he is, the SS spot should be his. he is a hard hitter and has range from a few articles i've read. Would be nice to have him in the run game.

Also I can see a scenario of JJ and Knowles at the 2 safety spots due to more experience. At this point its a wild guess!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back