Guess the 5 ⭐️s

Advertisement
Knowing Mario and the way he recruits why do you think getting 5 5stars is so farfetched? We have signed 3 each of his last 2 classes here plus the 2024 roster will reflect those 2 classes plus a difference maker at QB in Ward and what is by most accounts a fairly easy schedule. I don't think it's unrealistic to think we could sign 5 5star players in the 2025 class. This from someone who has been extremely critical of Mario in terms of overall philosophy and game management.
Who were the 3 in the 23 class.I only remember Francis and Pancake.

Who were the 3 in the 23 class.I only remember Francis and Pancake.

Bain should have been but wasn’t. I’m pretty sure Wayne. Bryant and Popo were all hovering just under 5 star and had at least one recruiting service rate them as 5 stars at one point before being dropped down over the cycle after they committed to Miami. There was this crazy moment where every time we’d leapfrog UF in the rankings the
sites would literally re-rank our guys the same day and drop them so UF would stay ranked above us. Best conspiracy theory out there.

Edit: here’s a link to an article where Bryant was a composite 5 star at one point

Edit: here’s and article when Wayne was a five star:

Couldn’t find anything on Popo so maybe I misremembered that one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was just going to post this, haha!

I strongly believe Nickel will finish the recruiting cycle as a 5* player. He’s been lighting it up since August last year.
Nickel will make a huge jump, keeping the SEC away from him is going to be tough…let’s hope Mario squashes his QB controversy with Ward.

Advertisement
That wouldn’t even be fair dead ***. Might be a better tandem than Kam and James. Not might are better
Both the young guys seem to have great range. With the way the game is these days I like the safeties that can cover a lot of ground because frankly, they have to

The close to the box big hitter types are fun to watch but there’s too much space in most of these offenses now

Nickel will make a huge jump, keeping the SEC away from him is going to be tough…let’s hope Mario squashes his QB controversy with Ward.

Yes, but I can’t imagine him getting all the way to a 5 star from where he starts today. And he’s already risen in the ranks. Probably will end up a low 4 star.

Over the last 2 classes we have averaged 3 5⭐️s each class. Assuming we keep that same level of recruiting what positions do you predict will be our 3 5⭐️s this class ? (assuming rankings will inevitably change from now to signing day, no specific players)

I predict: CB, LB, RB

Now that our trenches have been getting set I think Mario starts to recruiting (prioritizing) more skill positions
Trenches are never set. You have to keep stacking classes. Things can turn around quickly.

Advertisement
Both the young guys seem to have great range. With the way the game is these days I like the safeties that can cover a lot of ground because frankly, they have to

The close to the box big hitter types are fun to watch but there’s too much space in most of these offenses now
And the fact that JDub was a linebacker the whole time. Also Kam is to small and has to take too many risks cause of the lack of size or something. Pause

That wouldn’t even be fair dead ***. Might be a better tandem than Kam and James. Not might are better

JW and KK made a number of amazing plays. There's a reason the NFL is taking a hard look at both. But they also made a lot of costly mistakes. I'm a big fan, especially of Kam. But Redwine/Quan and Jenks/Jamal Carter were much more reliable safety tandems IMO.

I think we'll get back to that again soon. Worried about 2024 though. Hopefully we don't need to rely on Patterson to get there, and Powell, Williams, Harris, Spencer step up.

Advertisement
JW and KK made a number of amazing plays. There's a reason the NFL is taking a hard look at both. But they also made a lot of costly mistakes. I'm a big fan, especially of Kam. But Redwine/Quan and Jenks/Jamal Carter were much more reliable safety tandems IMO.

I think we'll get back to that again soon. Worried about 2024 though. Hopefully we don't need to rely on Patterson to get there, and Powell, Williams, Harris, Spencer step up.
Hopefully that position is a surprise this year

Advertisement
Back