GT VS BYU

Advertisement
I thought you meant BCS-AQ conference teams.

No, but if we want to further specify what I'm talking about, we'll say "major programs from the 5 current power conferences (SEC, Pac 12, ACC, Big12, Big 10) and Notre Dame".

Imo, 2004 was an extremely rare anomaly that is very unlikely to recur this year. I think we see 1 or max 2 teams from those 5 go undefeated.

I decided to look it up since 1990, number of teams undefeated entering bowl season:

1990: 0
1991: 2
1992: 3
1993: 3* (Auburn was ineligible for CCG)
1994: 2
1995: 2
1996: 2
1997: 2
1998: 1
1999: 2
2000: 1
2001: 1
2002: 2
2003: 0
2004: 3
2005: 2
2006: 1
2007: 0
2008: 0
2009: 2
2010: 2
2011: 1
2012: 2* (OSU ineligible)

In the 9 seasons we've had the 12 game season, multiple majors have finished un-defeated only 4 times. And of the 15 teams to finish undefeated since 2002, only 7 had to compete in CCG's, and 3 of those occurred in 11 game regular seasons 04 and 05.

Last edited:
You know what, I did some research and thinking and changed my mind. If we beat a Top 10 FSU team, a top 15 VT team and a Top 5 Clemson team, and if Florida finishes strong, I think we jump OSU.

I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I think you're right.

But there is no way we jump Oregon.

Do u think the loser of FSu/Clem stays in the top 10?

You know what, I did some research and thinking and changed my mind. If we beat a Top 10 FSU team, a top 15 VT team and a Top 5 Clemson team, and if Florida finishes strong, I think we jump OSU.

Do u think the loser of FSu/Clem stays in the top 10?

It will be tight, but if it's a close game I think so.

Advertisement

Oregon will be a little leap, but not because they are good. It is because of Nilke ad money. Balancing that is the simple fact that an undefeated Miami vs anyone is the biggest TV ratings draw this side of the Super Bowl. It is the 30 the anniversary of our first NC-- maybe the most exciting NC game ever(I leave out the cheat game).

If FSU beats Clemson and we are undefeated going into Tally, that game will outdraw Bama v TAM this year. Johnnie signing football does not compare to the history of Miami v FSU. Game Day will be there. Every fliggin football fan in the world will watch. Famous Jamy, THE U, wide right, again, left, two point miss ...... it just goes on and on. There is no better story than the return of THE U through an undefeated FSU in Tally. The media will have such hard ons that only the women will do any standing interviews. It is about money and Miami v Bama, or OSU are the big tickets. Ducks come in third. TAM might be big too. THE [[__]] is international brand of massive proportions. The polls will make it happen. The is no St Bobby to give another shot to like 1999. We are who EVRYONE wants back. If for not other reason than to trash us.

It's better for us if Clemson wins against FSU. Then we beat FSU and then face Clemson in the ACCCG as two undefeated teams.

We beat VT and FSU and we beat FSU again in the ACC CG, and we are in the NC

That simply IS NOT true. We need two of Bama, Oregon and OSU to lose. If two of them go undefeated, we WILL NOT GET IN. Argue with me all you like, it may not be fun to hear, but it's the truth.

That's what starting the season unranked gets you. We need two of them to lose.

An undefeated Louisiville I think we might jump. But not OSU, and definitely not Oregon or Bama.

We jump OSU. The big 10 is weak this year. ****, we might even jump Oregon, since Stanford lost today.

No. We don't. We will not jump either. We won't. I don't know how else to say it.

The perception of the ACC is still weak.

NO SHOT at jumping Oregon. Doubt we jump OSU.

LOL. We jump OSU and Oregon. We're Miami. What the **** happened to our fanbase?

We still haven't played FSU, VT, or our conference championship game. IF we win out, there's absolutely zero chance we get left at the alter, and if you don't know that, then you haven't been watching college football very long.

i think alabama will lose to LSU or in the conference championship game,

so I think, if and a big IF we go undefeated (because only 1 or 2 teams a year finish undefeated IF THAT usually), then we will jump Oregon I believe, I don't think OSU will get jumped because they haven't lost in almost two years, it'll be hard to keep ohio state out of the championship game when they've won 25 or so games in a row at that point

It's better for us if Clemson wins against FSU. Then we beat FSU and then face Clemson in the ACCCG as two undefeated teams.

I disagree. A win vs a Top 5 FSU would put us near or in the Top 5. A win vs an undefeated Clemson might be too late.

Advertisement
I can't believe some of you are thinking about a possible NC already. The team is heading in that direction but isn't really a legit contender this year. Still a lot of season left. I guess we will know a lot more in a few weeks.

We not jumping oregon because it's already been said that the voters would like to see them vs bama. Miami sos is not great, uf may only win about 8 games this year, so fsu and vt would be best reg. season wins. **** lsu was at 10 and beat uf and jumped to 6 and if they win out they are going to the nc before us. They was talking on espn last night and said a 1 lost lsu would get in over fsu.

We not jumping oregon because it's already been said that the voters would like to see them vs bama. Miami sos is not great, uf may only win about 8 games this year, so fsu and vt would be best reg. season wins. **** lsu was at 10 and beat uf and jumped to 6 and if they win out they are going to the nc before us. They was talking on espn last night and said a 1 lost lsu would get in over fsu.

LSU only jumped to 6 because they already have a loss. They were not going to put a 1 loss LSU team higher then the current 5 undefeated teams. They moved up as far as they could possibly move up. They would never jump Bama, Oregon, Clemson, OSU and FSU.

LSU only jumped to 6 because they already have a loss. They were not going to put a 1 loss LSU team higher then the current 5 undefeated teams. They moved up as far as they could possibly move up. They would never jump Bama, Oregon, Clemson, OSU and FSU.

lsu still has to play bama and a&m and if they beat both of them they will jump fsu,osu and everybody else except for oregon. The sec has a record 8 teams in the top 25 so there sos of schedule is going to be much better. They would put a 12-1 sec team over osu and a acc team anyday.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna argue with you guys. We don't jump OSU if we're both undefeated. We won't.

Yea, it's not fair. Life's not fair.

Root for whoever is playing Bama, Oregon and OSU from here on out.

so if FSU beats clemson and we win out the rest of the way we would be in the top 3 jumping OSU and maybe even jumping Oregon. If fsu wins this weekend, theyll be ranked 2 or 3. we beat a top 3 team on the road like FSU could be doing this weekend we can easily jump to their ranking (post clemson)

I can't believe some of you are thinking about a possible NC already. The team is heading in that direction but isn't really a legit contender this year. Still a lot of season left. I guess we will know a lot more in a few weeks.

You can't?

We're in the top ten and undefeated. We have potential high-profile matchups against FSU, VT, and Cemson left. There is almost no doubt that if it plays out like that, and we run the table, that we'll be paying in Pasadena. It wouldn't be any more unlikely than ND winding up in the championship game last season. That happened. As fans, we should be pretty **** stoked to be in this position. That doesn't mean it will happen, or that we'd be any more ready than ND was to play on the big stage. But stranger things have come to pass. Like a small private school from way down nowhere coming from nowhere to shock the world about thirty years ago.

Advertisement
Back