GT VS BYU

On paper, if we both run the table we should probably pass OSU.

But it's OSU. They have Urban Meyer. ESPN loves them.

We won't pass them.

Coaches poll. Coaches poll is the important one. Media poll is that just a media poll. BCS and Coaches are the two that really matter to us. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm not saying you're right either, it'll be interesting to me to see what happens.

Harris poll has media members, doesn't it?

The coaches poll has the bigger impact on the BCS poll at the end of the season. We'll also probably have a split media poll on where us and OSU stand. If Michigan loses again too that'll hurt them in the long run. You'll probably have half of them looking at us like wow...they just ran through their schedule and half saying well...Urban still hasn't lost. Coaches will look at the ranked opponents. As of right now with their ranked opponents they average out to the 19th ranked team in the country, 19+18+22=59/3=19. Ours equals out to the 14th ranked team, 12+6+25(VT as of this week)=43/3=14. Yes I know we haven't beat FSU yet, and they may still lose to Clemson, and VT we haven't beat yet but if they win up till us they'll improve. Interesting to watch.

Advertisement
GT definitely has at least one more loss when they play Georgia. Im starting to wonder how long Paul Johnson can ride off that acc championship a few years ago

GT fans are mad. I would say 6 losses next year is bye bye

GT fans need to learn their place. They will never be big time because they can't recruit with the all the power programs in their region. Even though they suck this year, that gimmick offense is the only thing keeping them competitive and bowl eligible.

We beat VT and FSU and we beat FSU again in the ACC CG, and we are in the NC

That simply IS NOT true. We need two of Bama, Oregon and OSU to lose. If two of them go undefeated, we WILL NOT GET IN. Argue with me all you like, it may not be fun to hear, but it's the truth.

That's what starting the season unranked gets you. We need two of them to lose.

An undefeated Louisiville I think we might jump. But not OSU, and definitely not Oregon or Bama.

We jump OSU. The big 10 is weak this year. ****, we might even jump Oregon, since Stanford lost today.

No. We don't. We will not jump either. We won't. I don't know how else to say it.

The perception of the ACC is still weak.

NO SHOT at jumping Oregon. Doubt we jump OSU.

LOL. We jump OSU and Oregon. We're Miami. What the **** happened to our fanbase?

We still haven't played FSU, VT, or our conference championship game. IF we win out, there's absolutely zero chance we get left at the alter, and if you don't know that, then you haven't been watching college football very long.

We beat VT and FSU and we beat FSU again in the ACC CG, and we are in the NC

That simply IS NOT true. We need two of Bama, Oregon and OSU to lose. If two of them go undefeated, we WILL NOT GET IN. Argue with me all you like, it may not be fun to hear, but it's the truth.

An undefeated Louisiville I think we might jump. But not OSU, and definitely not Oregon or Bama.

We jump OSU. The big 10 is weak this year. ****, we might even jump Oregon, since Stanford lost today.

No. We don't. We will not jump either. We won't. I don't know how else to say it.

LOL. We jump OSU and Oregon. We're Miami. What the **** happened to our fanbase?

We still haven't played FSU, VT, or our conference championship game. IF we win out, there's absolutely zero chance we get left at the alter, and if you don't know that, then you haven't been watching college football very long.

Lol, you are out of your mind if you think we jump Oregon. Out of your mind.

OSU is highly unlikely.

Lol, you are out of your mind if you think we jump Oregon. Out of your mind.

OSU is highly unlikely.

We jumped Oregon in 2000, we would do it again this year. Stanford losing will hurt them. I don't think you understand how the BCS poll works. You're probably like 18 years old. There is no doubt we jump OSU if we win out. Our schedules aren't even close in terms of difficulty.

Oh well. Be as negative as you want and believe whatever you want, I don't care. It's nonsense. We'll be ranked #10 or #11 tomorrow, and the only reason we're ranked that low is because we haven't played the meat of our schedule yet.

If we beat FSU, watch what happens to our ranking.

Advertisement
This isn't 2000. Oregon is regarded as the best team in the country by some. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm being realistic. There is ZERO chance an undefeated Miami team jumps an undefeated Oregon team this year.

If we beat FSU I think we jump Louisville and the one loss SEC teams, but we still need help.

This isn't 2000. Oregon is regarded as the best team in the country by some. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm being realistic. There is ZERO chance an undefeated Miami team jumps an undefeated Oregon team this year.

If we beat FSU I think we jump Louisville and the one loss SEC teams, but we still need help.

No, you're not being "realistic," you're being a straight up downer. If you're being realistic, back your argument up with some facts. When it's all said and done, Miami will for sure have a stronger SOS than OSU and probably Oregon as well. If we run the table with wins against #10 UF, #5 FSU, #3 Clemson, and #15 VT, all in the same season, we ARE going to be ranked in the top two.

Show me one time in the entire history of the BCS that a team, ANY team, has gone undefeated with that kind of schedule and NOT made it to the big show. That's right, it's NEVER happened.

In '04 Auburn beat #5 LSU, #10 Tennessee, #8 Georgia, and then #15 Tennessee in the SEC Title Game and got left out.

Keep thinking you know everything, smart guy.

Advertisement
In '04 Auburn beat #5 LSU, #10 Tennessee, #8 Georgia, and then #15 Tennessee in the SEC Title Game and got left out.

Now you have to site the schedules of the teams who finished ahead of Auburn for a more thorough analysis

Oklahoma beat only one team in the top 10. USC only beat one as well.

Fair enough. Still think that it would be very difficult for the human polls to put either of those teams ahead of Miami should we finish undefeated. That discussion is a LONG way off though.

GT made one of the WORST passing QB's in college football yesterday and made him look like Ty Detmer.

Advertisement
We have a lot of improving to do before we jump anybody.
We have not played a complete game to date.
Great potential but not a winning machine yet.
We are going in the right direction and maybe we finish strong poised for a run next year.

GO CANES!!!!!

No, you're not being "realistic," you're being a straight up downer. If you're being realistic, back your argument up with some facts. When it's all said and done, Miami will for sure have a stronger SOS than OSU and probably Oregon as well. If we run the table with wins against #10 UF, #5 FSU, #3 Clemson, and #15 VT, all in the same season, we ARE going to be ranked in the top two.

Show me one time in the entire history of the BCS that a team, ANY team, has gone undefeated with that kind of schedule and NOT made it to the big show. That's right, it's NEVER happened.

Yeah Auburn got shafted that year, no reason to think that's going to happen to us.

.. That's your response to being completely wrong? Negged.

Notice that ever since Aubarn got shafted in 04 that's when they started being the Media Darlings & the $ec bias began

Advertisement

And they changed the formulas. As they've done about fifteen times.

We're gonna have to disagree here, because I see no way an undefeated ACC champ doesn't get in over an undefeated B10 champ. The 10 is widely regarded as a lesser league this year. Also, in '04, the SEC had nowhere near the chache it does today.

You know what, I did some research and thinking and changed my mind. If we beat a Top 10 FSU team, a top 15 VT team and a Top 5 Clemson team, and if Florida finishes strong, I think we jump OSU.

I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I think you're right.

But there is no way we jump Oregon.

2004 is the only time during the modern era I can recall 3 major programs going into the bowl season undefeated.

Since then, the 12th game has been permanently added to the regular season schedule, and the Big 10 and Pac12 both play conference championship games now.

So I think the chances of seeing 3 majors go undefeated are very slim. Basically if it could be guaranteed that the ACC champ finished undefeated, I would guarantee you that they are playing in the national championship game.

Advertisement
Back