GT Tailgating?

**don't forget about Pep Rally Friday Night at Dantanas Downton 6:30pm with our cheerleaders and IBIS:

Per John Fenton on AtlantaCanes FB page tailgate change:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TAILGATE PARTY. IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE TAILGATE PARTY, PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY.
WE HAVE DECIDED THAT IT'S BEST TO MOVE THE TAILGATE PARTY TO THE STUDENT CENTER LOT.
We found out late yesterday that the original planned location for our tailgate party - the AT&T parking deck - is no longer viable. AT&T has banned tailgate activities at its two parking decks and allows only parking at these sites. No grills, tents or other tailgate activities are allowed.
We have been in discussions with Lanier Parking and have a solution and a much better option that will afford us more space to have a traditional tailgate party, including portable bathroom facilities. There is a SIMPLE TWO-STEP PROCESS (see below) that you will need to follow TO JOIN IN THE FUN AT THE STUDENT CENTER LOT AND TO RECEIVE YOUR FULL CREDIT for the AT&T pass that you have already purchased.
THE DETAILS:
The STUDENT CENTER LOT is OPTION A on the Lanier / GT website. The website is: https://events.lanierparking.com
First, purchase your new parking pass for OPTION A. The cost is $30. Second, send a direct email to Mr. Patrick Maurer with Lanier Parking at: pmaurer@lanierparking.com. Mr. Maurer will issue you a full credit for the AT&T deck of $20 (plus the fee paid). I completed my purchase and received my credit easily and quickly.
Although OPTION A lot is $10 more than the AT&T deck, this is the best opportunity for a fun tailgate, including bathroom facilities which we know was of concern to many.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.

Dang thought I was set...

But is this serious a new lot thats 30 bucks and is a 1/2 mile away? I thought they got cheaper the further out they got. Is every body switching it up?

This is on campus and the student buildings are open so there are both portable and real bathrooms available. I guess ATT didn't like all the **** left in the stair wells of the parking decks

Advertisement
**don't forget about Pep Rally Friday Night at Dantanas Downton 6:30pm with our cheerleaders and IBIS:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TAILGATE PARTY. IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE TAILGATE PARTY, PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY.
WE HAVE DECIDED THAT IT'S BEST TO MOVE THE TAILGATE PARTY TO THE STUDENT CENTER LOT.
We found out late yesterday that the original planned location for our tailgate party - the AT&T parking deck - is no longer viable. AT&T has banned tailgate activities at its two parking decks and allows only parking at these sites. No grills, tents or other tailgate activities are allowed.
We have been in discussions with Lanier Parking and have a solution and a much better option that will afford us more space to have a traditional tailgate party, including portable bathroom facilities. There is a SIMPLE TWO-STEP PROCESS (see below) that you will need to follow TO JOIN IN THE FUN AT THE STUDENT CENTER LOT AND TO RECEIVE YOUR FULL CREDIT for the AT&T pass that you have already purchased.
THE DETAILS:
The STUDENT CENTER LOT is OPTION A on the Lanier / GT website. The website is: https://events.lanierparking.com
First, purchase your new parking pass for OPTION A. The cost is $30. Second, send a direct email to Mr. Patrick Maurer with Lanier Parking at: pmaurer@lanierparking.com. Mr. Maurer will issue you a full credit for the AT&T deck of $20 (plus the fee paid). I completed my purchase and received my credit easily and quickly.
Although OPTION A lot is $10 more than the AT&T deck, this is the best opportunity for a fun tailgate, including bathroom facilities which we know was of concern to many.

But is this serious a new lot thats 30 bucks and is a 1/2 mile away? I thought they got cheaper the further out they got. Is every body switching it up?

This is on campus and the student buildings are open so there are both portable and real bathrooms available. I guess ATT didn't like all the **** left in the stair wells of the parking decks

I thought that was a public parking deck owned by Lanier Parking... What does AT&T have to do with it? Its owned by the same dude that is sending you to his more expensive lot that's also further away. The call it the "visitors lot". Hmmm...

THE DETAILS:

I thought that was a public parking deck owned by Lanier Parking... What does AT&T have to do with it? Its owned by the same dude that is sending you to his more expensive lot that's also further away. The call it the "visitors lot". Hmmm...

It is a public parking deck. You can park there they no longer allow tailgating or grills. So you can park and walk to the game but you can't hang out from 7-12 drinking and partying.

I have my parking pass for the Student Center lot. I'll rest easier knowing I have a pass and a spot rather then stressed out morning of to get there in time to find a place. I've always found it to be a ***** to find a spot in Atlanta.

Back up plan (prior to purchasing the pass) was to go to the CNN Center parking deck and catch an Uber to the game. OTherwise it is a pretty long walk.

Walking form the Marriott downtown. Might see about an Uber but figure the traffic near the stadium is going to be a major **** show.

Advertisement
Walking form the Marriott downtown. Might see about an Uber but figure the traffic near the stadium is going to be a major **** show.

I thought so too, but getting dropped off a block or two from the stadium wouldnt be so bad from walking up to 5-6 blocks. Last game in ATL we parked at the CNN Center, ate at Dantannas, then walked to the game. I was sober by the time I arrived.

I thought so too, but getting dropped off a block or two from the stadium wouldnt be so bad from walking up to 5-6 blocks. Last game in ATL we parked at the CNN Center, ate at Dantannas, then walked to the game. I was sober by the time I arrived.

I parked at CNN the last GT game I went to and had Uber drop me off at the stadium.

Was much better than making that trek, as I'm sure you figured out.

Advertisement

THE DETAILS:

It is a public parking deck. You can park there they no longer allow tailgating or grills. So you can park and walk to the game but you can't hang out from 7-12 drinking and partying.

So really not sure what this does to everyone. Is it on in the visitors lot?

Advertisement
Back