GT Tailgating?

clg003

Junior
Premium
Whose tailgating and where?

Dont want to setup camp where only GT ***hots are.

Advertisement
probably a good idea to check out all the other threads regarding this topic.

Advertisement
We've done the Varsity lot the past several times. It's a good spot with plenty of Canes. And a short walk to the stadium.

4th and P'tree at Suntrust. It's just below the parking garage mentioned a few tips up.

Go to Dantanna's bar on Friday night. Right behind the Omni hotel. It will be lit at 6 PM.

Advertisement
*** I hate I got to be at a conference. Varsity and on the deck is live. Will miss riding up on marta lit as fug

Go canes!!!

Me and some buddies will be looking for a good spot as well
Top of the parking garage just east of the stadium... it's where the rest of the big canes tailgates go down.

You mean the one at the bottom of the big hill, sandwiched between Greek housing?

/tech alum

No that's on the north side of the stadium. The one Canes fans use is closer to the interstate.

It is directly across 75/85 WTF the interstate is and there is walkway under the interstate right at the bottom of the deck. 5 minute walk into the stadium. Parking is $20.

Advertisement
Seems like the last year we were there the tailgaters at the top of the parking garage were throwing beers off the garage at other Miami fans lol...

Advertisement
**don't forget about Pep Rally Friday Night at Dantanas Downton 6:30pm with our cheerleaders and IBIS:

Per John Fenton (Miami alum/FB page admin) on AtlantaCanes FB page tailgate change:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TAILGATE PARTY. IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE TAILGATE PARTY, PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY.
WE HAVE DECIDED THAT IT'S BEST TO MOVE THE TAILGATE PARTY TO THE STUDENT CENTER LOT.
We found out late yesterday that the original planned location for our tailgate party - the AT&T parking deck - is no longer viable. AT&T has banned tailgate activities at its two parking decks and allows only parking at these sites. No grills, tents or other tailgate activities are allowed.
We have been in discussions with Lanier Parking and have a solution and a much better option that will afford us more space to have a traditional tailgate party, including portable bathroom facilities. There is a SIMPLE TWO-STEP PROCESS (see below) that you will need to follow TO JOIN IN THE FUN AT THE STUDENT CENTER LOT AND TO RECEIVE YOUR FULL CREDIT for the AT&T pass that you have already purchased.
THE DETAILS:
The STUDENT CENTER LOT is OPTION A on the Lanier / GT website. The website is: https://events.lanierparking.com
First, purchase your new parking pass for OPTION A. The cost is $30. Second, send a direct email to Mr. Patrick Maurer with Lanier Parking at: pmaurer@lanierparking.com. Mr. Maurer will issue you a full credit for the AT&T deck of $20 (plus the fee paid). I completed my purchase and received my credit easily and quickly.
Although OPTION A lot is $10 more than the AT&T deck, this is the best opportunity for a fun tailgate, including bathroom facilities which we know was of concern to many.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.

Last edited:
Me and some buddies will be looking for a good spot as well
Top of the parking garage just east of the stadium... it's where the rest of the big canes tailgates go down.

You mean the one at the bottom of the big hill, sandwiched between Greek housing?

/tech alum

No that's on the north side of the stadium. The one Canes fans use is closer to the interstate.

It is directly across 75/85 WTF the interstate is and there is walkway under the interstate right at the bottom of the deck. 5 minute walk into the stadium. Parking is $20.

Off of North Ave?

**don't forget about Pep Rally Friday Night at Dantanas Downton 6:30pm with our cheerleaders and IBIS:

Per John Fenton on AtlantaCanes FB page tailgate change:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TAILGATE PARTY. IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE TAILGATE PARTY, PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY.
WE HAVE DECIDED THAT IT'S BEST TO MOVE THE TAILGATE PARTY TO THE STUDENT CENTER LOT.
We found out late yesterday that the original planned location for our tailgate party - the AT&T parking deck - is no longer viable. AT&T has banned tailgate activities at its two parking decks and allows only parking at these sites. No grills, tents or other tailgate activities are allowed.
We have been in discussions with Lanier Parking and have a solution and a much better option that will afford us more space to have a traditional tailgate party, including portable bathroom facilities. There is a SIMPLE TWO-STEP PROCESS (see below) that you will need to follow TO JOIN IN THE FUN AT THE STUDENT CENTER LOT AND TO RECEIVE YOUR FULL CREDIT for the AT&T pass that you have already purchased.
THE DETAILS:
The STUDENT CENTER LOT is OPTION A on the Lanier / GT website. The website is: https://events.lanierparking.com
First, purchase your new parking pass for OPTION A. The cost is $30. Second, send a direct email to Mr. Patrick Maurer with Lanier Parking at: pmaurer@lanierparking.com. Mr. Maurer will issue you a full credit for the AT&T deck of $20 (plus the fee paid). I completed my purchase and received my credit easily and quickly.
Although OPTION A lot is $10 more than the AT&T deck, this is the best opportunity for a fun tailgate, including bathroom facilities which we know was of concern to many.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.

Dang thought I was set...

But is this serious a new lot thats 30 bucks and is a 1/2 mile away? I thought they got cheaper the further out they got. Is every body switching it up?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back