GT hires Geoff Collins

https://www.google.com.kw/amp/s/www...collins-coach/7kn3gvsHsNwHiAFvMB0njO/amp.html

Many coaches claim Geoff Collins is responsible for the best recruiting class signed to GT in recent memory. He was so highly thought of that Nick Saban hired him immediately. Since then, hes been a DC at FIU (under Cristobal), Miss St (under Dan Mullen), and Florida (under Muschamp when their defense was legit). Was recently HC at Temple where he went 7-1 in the AAC but did lose to FCS school Villanova.

Thoughts on the hire? I dont think they'll be any better or worse.

Last edited:

RBLCane

All-World but only in Little Havana
What kind of offense they running?

Temple. Lol. Good luck with that.

calleochocane

Win or Lose, I’m Still a Motherf’n Cane
Good hire for them. Temple has had 3 of their last 4 coaches hired by ACC teams. Does that mean anything? I think we got the worst of the 3, go figure.

But is his face as punchable as Paul johnsons’s? With fedora being fired, the number of punchable faces in conference has dropped considerably

https://www.google.com.kw/amp/s/www...collins-coach/7kn3gvsHsNwHiAFvMB0njO/amp.html

Many coaches claim Geoff Collins is responsible for the best recruiting class signed to GT in recent memory. He was so highly thought of that Nick Saban hired him immediately. Since then, hes been a DC at FIU (under Cristobal), Miss St (under Dan Mullen), and Florida (under Muschamp when their defense was legit). Was recently HC at Temple where he went 7-1 in the AAC but did lose to FCS school Villanova.

Thoughts on the higher? I dont think they'll be any better or worse.
GT will go down the drain! Coach Johnson knew how to use the talent that came to the school knowing he would never recruit the talent that UGA or The U does and knowing his players must meet higher academic standards than other ACC schools! But thank God, The triple option is no more as that was a pain in the A$$!

Stop. Admissions for football players at gt isn’t any harder than UM. If you can play ball, have qualifying test scores, and they feel you can you graduate with tutors and study hall, you’ll get in.

If they give him time, he can be successful.

Georgia Tech has been so niche with their recruitment lately, they have not really recruited the high end talent they should, so this upcoming year is going to be a real transition year for them as they move around the pieces they already have, but Collins can identify and recruit talent. If they give him time, he'll be ok.