GT Game cancelled

Advertisement

The mopes must be jumping for joy. If this is a non-Covid season, there is no doubt that Diaz would be in line for 11 or even 12 wins in year 2. Now Miami has to win tomorrow and then a tough NY6 matchup, or the mopes get to say that Diaz couldn't manage a double digit win total in his 2nd year on the job.

Advertisement
When it gets right down to it, in a season like this, this was a meaningless game.

Yes I know we want to get double digit wins during the regular season, but I have a feeling that Georgia Tech checked out after last night anyway after that loss.

Like all of a sudden they know this morning they can’t play, but they were able to play just 10 hours ago?

Nah, they’re done, they don’t want to play anymore. It’s just one of those seasons.

Amazing we got the games in we did.

At this point I’m good with it, and believe me I want to go to every game possible. It’s my escape. But so be it.

Just hoping we can get in a good bowl game this year.
Take your beating like a man.

There's plenty of times in the past 15 years where this Canes team had checked out, but they turned up the next week.

Using COVID-19 as an excuse to avoid a loss is a *****-made move.

Ignoring GT - for us it was going to be huge for us to win 10 games (potentially). It's also another game of live action for the younger players to get under their belt. Absolutely not a meaningless game.

**** now the black jerseys made sense. I wanted to stomp these ******* for last year but I guess that *** whipping will have to wait a year.

Advertisement
So we have reached a point in the college football season wherein the only games that will be played are games involving 2 teams with winning records that actually want to play. Because if 1 or both teams are having a bad seasons, schools and coaches are using the pandemic as an excuse to cancel games. Pretty pathetic and about as anti-competitive as possible. What kind of lessons are we teaching our young people?
Play hard and give it your best effort, unless you are already having a bad season and have an available excuse? Terrible and cowardly.

Even the mighty Coach K thinks college basketball should be delayed. Which just happens to coincide with his worst teams in decades.

Advertisement
Now hold up here, this is probably a stupid idea, but it's been thrown around a lot with OSU.... Schedule TAMU on the 19th as a pseudo quarterfinals. We did get kinda screwed out of the ACCCG.

Advertisement
The mopes must be jumping for joy. If this is a non-Covid season, there is no doubt that Diaz would be in line for 11 or even 12 wins in year 2. Now Miami has to win tomorrow and then a tough NY6 matchup, or the mopes get to say that Diaz couldn't manage a double digit win total in his 2nd year on the job.
It sucks. Would have been a really fun Saturday to just curb stomp those mother****ers. Oh well.

I bought tickets to this game a few weeks ago. Anyone have any insight on how refunds will be handled?

So we have reached a point in the college football season wherein the only games that will be played are games involving 2 teams with winning records that actually want to play. Because if 1 or both teams are having a bad seasons, schools and coaches are using the pandemic as an excuse to cancel games. Pretty pathetic and about as anti-competitive as possible. What kind of lessons are we teaching our young people?
Play hard and give it your best effort, unless you are already having a bad season and have an available excuse? Terrible and cowardly.

Even the mighty Coach K thinks college basketball should be delayed. Which just happens to coincide with his worst teams in decades.

Sadly it is what is.

Advertisement
Back