Growth of Diaz

If he can manage to win consistently and not lose to teams our backups should hang 40 on, there will be plenty of growth.

tenor-2.gif

Advertisement
What I think most people do not understand...Manny was extremely smart with his off-season adjustments. There was a huge problem with the offense (top to bottom), period.

This guys completely rebuilt the staff on that side of the ball, not to mention the guys we brought in for immediate impact under center, and on the OL (hopefully).

All the AD has to see is improvement on offense and some sustainability on the defensive side.....and let us not forget that there are not many people / analysts out there predicting a 10 win season for the Canes

Having said all of this, Manny probably bought himself another season or two, easily, and because of what the sports world (minus all of the Canes fans) thinks about our beloved team, he only need about 7-8 wins, and its a no-brainer.

As much as I would love to see us go out there and show we are on our way back with a 9-10 win season, Manny is not getting fired if he only racks up 8 wins, I would bet on that
So he fired all the failures he hired. I'll make sure to send him a box of cookies. Hiring one of the hottest OCs in college football because UM said they'd pay for him doesn't make Manny some Einstein. It makes him lucky to have a job at a university that will go out and hire a big name OC.

Off season championships make us elite.... Diaz has 2 already, hurray!
ROFL, and let's not forget that somehow a desparado(in his 1st year) **** goes and chases players from essentially the "waiver wire" and somehow dumb *** articles coming out about how coach diaz has "revolutionized the portal" GTFOH with 6 & 7 non-sense!

Advertisement
Manny Diaz has successfully won another off-season. He was great when he was announced on New Years Eve through our first game then elevated his off-season from the bowl game on through today. Most of us bought the hype last off-season including myself but saw all I needed to see with a good roster and **** poor results. The recruiting he's pulled off with a 6-7 record including 3 fireable losses as the coach at Miami is nothing less than simply amazing. He cut ties with some visibly weak position coaches at OL, WR and OC/QB hiring much more established coaches at all spots. He's doing things that Richt and Golden refused and couldn't do which shows progress creating hope that he actually gets it. The biggest key that is yet to be seen is the culture he's fostering within the team which played a major part in his downfall as a first year coach. If he can demonstrate progress in the area of actually holding our guys accountable, actually disciplining them and actually learning that winning at the expected level is so much bigger than talent then we have our guy. He can talk smooth, create excitement in every interview, recruit top talent all he wants but until he demonstrates leadership among the team by creating an environment of action then he will just be in the same group as Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt. If we handle UAB the spread of 14 then let the optimism begin and if we don't then we will have our answer about the lack of progress where its needed most.
If you want be viewed as credible, don't mention coach richt's name in the same sentence as the penn disgrace moron or diaz, 2 ****'s that Truly haven't accomplished **** in college as headcoaches. Coach richt in his short 3 years here:
* Coach of the Year
* 10 win season
* Bowl Victory; first in 10years
* 1st True on field coastal division champs
* 1st ACC championship game appearance
* Snapped Fsu's 6 or 7 game winning streak
* Brought back the 4-3 defense, brought in manny understanding what manny ran would work here!
* Hired coach rumph, which ended up being a big part of why we had the #1 pass defense in the nation.
* Upgraded the roster back to having nationally talented players
* Made UM relevant and must see t.v. again after slicing thru FSU, notre shame, V-tech and the likes
* Told flake james to ***** OFF

If Hedley don't beat the coverage downfield, suplex the returner, & then dry hump him when we punt on the first 3n out of the season, then fly the cotdamd bannerss!

If you want be viewed as credible, don't mention coach richt's name in the same sentence as the penn disgrace moron or diaz, 2 ****'s that Truly haven't accomplished **** in college as headcoaches. Coach richt in his short 3 years here:
* Coach of the Year
* 10 win season
* Brought back the 4-3 defense, brought in manny understanding what manny ran would work here!
* Hired coach rumph, which ended up being a big part of why we had the #1 pass defense in the nation.
* Made UM relevant and must see t.v. again after slicing thru FSU, notre shame, V-tech and the likes
All fair and valid points and no argument that he's the best we've had since Butch. However, he couldn't keep it going and got worse the longer he was here by refusing to adapt his playbook, shuffle QB's constantly and would not make staff changes that were necessary. If he did what he needed to do, he will still be our head coach and we'd have been a consistent Top 10 program. But he didn't and as much good as he did which is a lot he couldn't build off of it and that just can't happen.

Advertisement
All fair and valid points and no argument that he's the best we've had since Butch. However, he couldn't keep it going and got worse the longer he was here by refusing to adapt his playbook, shuffle QB's constantly and would not make staff changes that were necessary. If he did what he needed to do, he will still be our head coach and we'd have been a consistent Top 10 program. But he didn't and as much good as he did which is a lot he couldn't build off of it and that just can't happen.
What are you talking about, coach richt had to rebuild this program, of course he had to shuffle qb's to start trying to build depth while rebuilding the offense, and dealing with immaturity running rampant thru-out the team. That o-line that'll be starting this year, guess what, 3 of them are coach richt's guys, and had Donaldson not gotten hurt, would've been 4 out of 5. Not to many coaches can make adjustments with the o-line pieces coach richt was left with, in which he was building back up, so coach diaz is now the benefactor of more physically and mentally mature o-linemen.

Next, no coach on this UM roster with the exception of coach stroud to some degree has accomplished what coach richt has accomplished as an assistant, let alone a headcoach, it's not even close. This rhett guy hasn't done **** at UM yet or the ACC, like coach diaz many keep putting the cart before the horse. Coach richt didn't have to make changes cause he knew WTF he was doing and where the program was at. That was not a 6 & 7 roster last year, that was at minimum a 9 to 10 game winning roster last year.

To say coach richt "got worst" lol, you should really slow down from posting and start studying football, you already giving coach diaz more praise than coach richt. Keep in mind coach diaz has never been some **** of a recruiter, did you take a look at linebacker recruiting under him. The best recruiter this year has been the corona virus, alot of guys just chose to stay home plus coach hickson, coach stroud and banda are bonafide guys, as well as coach rumph, people lie on coach rumph like they did and do on coach richt.

Get your personal feelings out the way and post facts.

So he fired all the failures he hired. I'll make sure to send him a box of cookies. Hiring one of the hottest OCs in college football because UM said they'd pay for him doesn't make Manny some Einstein. It makes him lucky to have a job at a university that will go out and hire a big name OC.
I guarantee he won't be fired this year, if he wins 7 games... How's that?

I guarantee he won't be fired this year, if he wins 7 games... How's that?
If we resemble anything like last season, how can it be justified keeping him around? Not that I expect us to. I think Lashlee and King save him for a year.

He’s like a tree with pretty flowers. He needs to allow them to be pollinated so it can bear fruit.

Advertisement
* Coach of the Year
* 10 win season
@Calvin
In your opinion, why do you think that we have struggled to consistently recruit CBs during Rumph's time here? From 2016-the present, UM ranks 1st in the nation in combined turnovers, sacks and TFL. I would think that elite CB prospects would be chomping at the bit to play in a system that produces so much chaos and the opportunity for CBs to get INTs, PBUs etc. Yet the reality is that we have struggled and are still struggling to convince CBs to come here. Why?

I think that the revival of our offense under Lashlee has completely energized this team and program and this momentum should lead to even more success on the recruiting trail CBs included. However I am curious why you think we have struggled in this area up to now.

@Calvin
In your opinion, why do you think that we have struggled to consistently recruit CBs during Rumph's time here? From 2016-the present, UM ranks 1st in the nation in combined turnovers, sacks and TFL. I would think that elite CB prospects would be chomping at the bit to play in a system that produces so much chaos and the opportunity for CBs to get INTs, PBUs etc. Yet the reality is that we have struggled and are still struggling to convince CBs to come here. Why?

I think that the revival of our offense under Lashlee has completely energized this team and program and this momentum should lead to even more success on the recruiting trail CBs included. However I am curious why you think we have struggled in this area up to now.

@Calvin

The real question is, has this team been struggling to be a legitimate secondary since 2016, and the fact that since coach rumph and coach banda has been here, the answer is clear, you don't luck up into having the #1 pass defense in the nation with the schedule we played. When you start talking about "elite cornerbacks" not sure how you are determining who they are prior to actually playing a college game, but traditionally if you know UM football history, we get corners that fit what we do, that's all that matters, the history of UM football will answer your question, I could go into alot of it and break it down, but do your own research first!

The real question is, has this team been struggling to be a legitimate secondary since 2016, and the fact that since coach rumph and coach banda has been here, the answer is clear, you don't luck up into having the #1 pass defense in the nation with the schedule we played. When you start talking about "elite cornerbacks" not sure how you are determining who they are prior to actually playing a college game, but traditionally if you know UM football history, we get corners that fit what we do, that's all that matters, the history of UM football will answer your question, I could go into alot of it and break it down, but do your own research first!
I understand that the staff has done a great job with the players that we are able to recruit. In terms of elite CBs I am referring to the way our staff views them as prospects. The crux of my question is why have so many CBs high on our board elected not to come here? I think that is a perfectly valid question. I'm not questioning anyone's coaching ability. I am questioning this staff's ability to get the CBs that they covet the most to sign with UM. For nearly every class since 2016 we have had an obvious need at the position. We had a definite need in the 2020 class and we had offers to more than several UM caliber prospects yet we had to scramble to end up with 2. Marcus Clarke a WR in high school and Isaiah Dunson a star former FSU commit. I'm glad to have both but my point is why in your opinion is Rumph consistently struggling to sign the CBs that are at the top of his board when it is clear to any recruit that there is immediate playing time available? This staff has obviously made the best out of this position despite moderate to severe depth issues. Why the ongoing reluctance by the CBs at or near the top of Rumph's board to sign here?

Advertisement
I understand that the staff has done a great job with the players that we are able to recruit. In terms of elite CBs I am referring to the way our staff views them as prospects. The crux of my question is why have so many CBs high on our board elected not to come here? I think that is a perfectly valid question. I'm not questioning anyone's coaching ability. I am questioning this staff's ability to get the CBs that they covet the most to sign with UM. For nearly every class since 2016 we have had an obvious need at the position. We had a definite need in the 2020 class and we had offers to more than several UM caliber prospects yet we had to scramble to end up with 2. Marcus Clarke a WR in high school and Isaiah Dunson a star former FSU commit. I'm glad to have both but my point is why in your opinion is Rumph consistently struggling to sign the CBs that are at the top of his board when it is clear to any recruit that there is immediate playing time available? This staff has obviously made the best out of this position despite moderate to severe depth issues. Why the ongoing reluctance by the CBs at or near the top of Rumph's board to sign here?
Again, just do your research on the history of cb recruits at UM, you keep trying for some reason to focus in on just coach rumph, did you just start watching UM football in 2016. Coach rumph has actually done a real solid job recruiting db's since he's been here. He can't help injuries and guys running from competition. The biggest difference is, all these nerd recruiting sites got people's minds warped.

Again, just do your research on the history of cb recruits at UM, you keep trying for some reason to focus in on just coach rumph, did you just start watching UM football in 2016. Coach rumph has actually done a real solid job recruiting db's since he's been here. He can't help injuries and guys running from competition. The biggest difference is, all these nerd recruiting sites got people's minds warped.
Ok cool. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

Advertisement
Back