Growth of Diaz

ball915

All-American
Manny Diaz has successfully won another off-season. He was great when he was announced on New Years Eve through our first game then elevated his off-season from the bowl game on through today. Most of us bought the hype last off-season including myself but saw all I needed to see with a good roster and **** poor results. The recruiting he's pulled off with a 6-7 record including 3 fireable losses as the coach at Miami is nothing less than simply amazing. He cut ties with some visibly weak position coaches at OL, WR and OC/QB hiring much more established coaches at all spots. He's doing things that Richt and Golden refused and couldn't do which shows progress creating hope that he actually gets it. The biggest key that is yet to be seen is the culture he's fostering within the team which played a major part in his downfall as a first year coach. If he can demonstrate progress in the area of actually holding our guys accountable, actually disciplining them and actually learning that winning at the expected level is so much bigger than talent then we have our guy. He can talk smooth, create excitement in every interview, recruit top talent all he wants but until he demonstrates leadership among the team by creating an environment of action then he will just be in the same group as Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt. If we handle UAB the spread of 14 then let the optimism begin and if we don't then we will have our answer about the lack of progress where its needed most.

Advertisement
Does anyone know when we raise the offseason banners? Would love to witness that firsthand. Such an honor.

words words words words words words words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words words words words words words words.

Advertisement
The biggest reason for optimism, IMO, is that Manny has been much faster to correct mistakes. Did Golden ever truly change his horrible D? Did Richt ever truly change his horrible O? The recruiting has been a nice surprise, but I actually think Manny's willingness to immediately fix a really bad hire - instead of doubling down with his own D'Onofrio or J. Richt -- gives me more hope for the future. Time will tell.

Advertisement
I’ll agree Manny executed a course correction by firing Enos-Stubblefield-Barry and replacing them with Lashlee-Likens-Justice and implementing a spread offense. Recruited the best transfer QB to run the offense. Hired Ed Reed to do whatever Reed does works for me.

Now JUST WIN!

Advertisement
The biggest reason for optimism, IMO, is that Manny has been much faster to correct mistakes. Did Golden ever truly change his horrible D? Did Richt ever truly change his horrible O? The recruiting has been a nice surprise, but I actually think Manny's willingness to immediately fix a really bad hire - instead of doubling down with his own D'Onofrio or J. Richt -- gives me more hope for the future. Time will tell.
C'mon man...."faster to correct" ...might also mean fastest to worst season losses since the 70s.

This guy is learning on the job, that was the risk the BOT was willing to take, but when you lose to FIU and blanked by La. Tech in the same year, you better make some fackin changes, and quick.

Advertisement
Can’t win in season if you don’t win in the off season.

If he can't win now, please fire him. That is all.
What I think most people do not understand...Manny was extremely smart with his off-season adjustments. There was a huge problem with the offense (top to bottom), period.

This guys completely rebuilt the staff on that side of the ball, not to mention the guys we brought in for immediate impact under center, and on the OL (hopefully).

All the AD has to see is improvement on offense and some sustainability on the defensive side.....and let us not forget that there are not many people / analysts out there predicting a 10 win season for the Canes

Having said all of this, Manny probably bought himself another season or two, easily, and because of what the sports world (minus all of the Canes fans) thinks about our beloved team, he only need about 7-8 wins, and its a no-brainer.

As much as I would love to see us go out there and show we are on our way back with a 9-10 win season, Manny is not getting fired if he only racks up 8 wins, I would bet on that

Manny Diaz has successfully won another off-season. He was great when he was announced on New Years Eve through our first game then elevated his off-season from the bowl game on through today. Most of us bought the hype last off-season including myself but saw all I needed to see with a good roster and **** poor results. The recruiting he's pulled off with a 6-7 record including 3 fireable losses as the coach at Miami is nothing less than simply amazing. He cut ties with some visibly weak position coaches at OL, WR and OC/QB hiring much more established coaches at all spots. He's doing things that Richt and Golden refused and couldn't do which shows progress creating hope that he actually gets it. The biggest key that is yet to be seen is the culture he's fostering within the team which played a major part in his downfall as a first year coach. If he can demonstrate progress in the area of actually holding our guys accountable, actually disciplining them and actually learning that winning at the expected level is so much bigger than talent then we have our guy. He can talk smooth, create excitement in every interview, recruit top talent all he wants but until he demonstrates leadership among the team by creating an environment of action then he will just be in the same group as Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt. If we handle UAB the spread of 14 then let the optimism begin and if we don't then we will have our answer about the lack of progress where its needed most.
Didnt read

Advertisement
Back