Growing pains vs being a terrible team

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
I expected some growing pains in Manny’s inaugural season and knew he needed some time to gain his footing as a head coach.

Theres is however, a major difference between growing pains and the abomination we watch week in and week out. Dmoney alluded to the fact that we have been outcoached every week with the exception of Bethune and it’s been by a wide-margin.

If this was simply a case of growing pains we would be seeing improvements from week to week and we would be starting to hit our stride. That’s not the case, we still can’t get operational things down and game management has been horrendous.

On top of that player development has been terrible and leaves little hope for improvement this season. I’m not sure there is anything Manny can do to right this ship this year.

Advertisement
I expected some growing pains in Manny’s inaugural season and knew he needed some time to gain his footing as a head coach.

Theres is however, a major difference between growing pains and the abomination we watch week in and week out. Dmoney alluded to the fact that we have been outcoached every week with the exception of Bethune and it’s been by a wide-margin.

If this was simply a case of growing pains we would be seeing improvements from week to week and we would be starting to hit our stride. That’s not the case, we still can’t get operational things down and game management has been horrendous.

On top of that player development has been terrible and leaves little hope for improvement this season. I’m not sure there is anything Manny can do to right this ship this year.
Player development after 7 games has been terrible..I agree we need to change the player progression setting

Follow Richt's example and step down?

Advertisement
What this does to recruiting has to be horrific. Who would want to come here when they can play for UCF or UF, which is a much better club.

Advertisement

So you're suggesting Miami is headed down the Miami turnpike towards a " possible 3-9 season. " OUCH. Yeah, I said it, because Leave It To Butch to get his revenge on a hapless Miami squad.

When teams play down to competition. It falls on the head coach. If we were getting blown out the blame can get passed around but it's a close game week in and week out. A experience head coach would be able to push them over the hill to win close and dominate lesser teams.This team has talent to win the coastal with ease but it needed a experience coach staff to guide them.

You want to be like the 2001 team or the closest you can get. I not sure one player on this team would start for that team. We have a handful of talented kids the rest are average or below. Ultimately the coaches are to blame for the bad recruiting. We have one really good punter, WR and TE. Probably the worst Canes team in 30 or 40 years. It's not getting much better without coaches who can recruit. This team sucks never mind being out coached. It used to be Miami 3 star players were really 4 star players from somewhere else, I think that's all changed now. IMO our 3 best players don't come from Miami. I have my own thought why.

I expected growing pains against VA and Florida. Not against CMU and G tech. Man this is the worst Miami team in a long time.

Advertisement
So you're suggesting Miami is headed down the Miami turnpike towards a " possible 3-9 season. " OUCH. Yeah, I said it, because Leave It To Butch to get his revenge on a hapless Miami squad.
We won’t lose to FIU but we will struggle to eke our anymore wins.

Advertisement
You want to be like the 2001 team or the closest you can get. I not sure one player on this team would start for that team. We have a handful of talented kids the rest are average or below. Ultimately the coaches are to blame for the bad recruiting. We have one really good punter, WR and TE. Probably the worst Canes team in 30 or 40 years. It's not getting much better without coaches who can recruit. This team sucks never mind being out coached. It used to be Miami 3 star players were really 4 star players from somewhere else, I think that's all changed now. IMO our 3 best players don't come from Miami. I have my own thought why.
We will never see a team that talented again, with that said we still have enough talent to be 6-1 or 7-0. Coaching matters

We will never see a team that talented again, with that said we still have enough talent to be 6-1 or 7-0. Coaching matters
I disagree on the 6-1 this team is soft, but agree there will never be a team that talented again. JMO

Simple. This isn't growing pains. This is a got **** **** show. Manny Diaz has zero ***n business being the HC at Miami.

giphy (2).gif

Advertisement
Back