Griffin, you remember him

Phydeaux

Senior
Home sweet home
Remember Derrick Griffin? The 6-foot-6, 228-pound prospect dual-sport star with loads of potential on the gridiron? Last February, the ESPN 300 tight end/receiver from Rosenberg (Texas) Terry signed with Miami but didn't qualify. After a brief stint at a prep school, Griffin is set to enroll at Blinn College in Brenham, Texas, according to his uncle, Scooter McGowan. Blinn is a program that has sent numerous players to FBS schools over the years, most notably Cam Newton. This is good news for Griffin and if he takes care of business off the field, it's good news for whoever lands him once he wraps up at Blinn. McGowan said he expects Griffin to spend the next three semesters at Blinn. The school that originally gained his commitment in the recruiting process, Texas A&M, is a school that Griffin still likes and will be high on when the time comes, if the Aggies decide down the road that they're open to recruiting him again.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=51002

Advertisement
I don't see him coming here, but I'm still glad that he decided to go the prep route. It looked like he was just going to let everything fall apart for awhile.

Advertisement
453.jpg

Saw him on the AAU circuit freak athlete good kid hope it works out for him expect to see him in the NFL someday at TE

Advertisement
He needs to be at Miami. He will be a Mike Williams/Calvin Johnson type of talent if he puts it all together. Stay on him!!

Advertisement
The article the OP linked is from January. Last I heard about this kid was that he was going to Texas Southern.

Advertisement
That is awesome to hear. He got himself together and situated somewhere where we can get his grades right and stay in football shape by playing at the JUCO Level. Awesome news!

I would seriously hope we offer him a bball scholarship, he fits the type of player Larranaga wants, then maybe he'd walk on for one season of football before going pro, considering that's more than likely his money sport.

Advertisement
Back