Griffin Update

I thought his grades were bad out of HS and needed lots of work before enrolling at UM. If someone knows the latest about his academic situation, then please update.

Thanks!

Advertisement
Good luck covering this dude.

399.jpg

i'm hopeful but still skeptical. will be thrilled if this kid is here in December. if he doesn't get in in December, I don't think he ever gets here. I hope i'm wrong.

Nothing wrong with this thinking at all.

But man, what a coup it would be.

If he gets in i think he will be a hybrid wr/te. His future is te he was listed at 6'7 228. Jimmy graham was 245-250 when he went to the nfl and ran a 4.5 i think that what he will be and the size will help him play pf in bball.

Advertisement
Griffin is up to 230 according to that story.

Our Mike Evans.

I think that is a good weight for him. Personally, I would rather see him out wide rather than lined up as a TE. I think his athleticism could present mismatches either way though.

Hope he gets his academics in order.

Proper use of a hybrid TE these days has these types of guys out wide, in bunch formations, and sometimes in the backfield as an H-Back. These are crucial guys in the pros now and stand to make big money. Lots of teams - think Cincy, Houston, NE, et al - use 1 back, 2TE and 2WR formations a heck of a lot.

Every red zone possession would be a jump ball for Griffin. He is untouchable in the Red Zone.

Advertisement
Griffin is up to 230 according to that story.

Our Mike Evans.

I think that is a good weight for him. Personally, I would rather see him out wide rather than lined up as a TE. I think his athleticism could present mismatches either way though.

Hope he gets his academics in order.

Proper use of a hybrid TE these days has these types of guys out wide, in bunch formations, and sometimes in the backfield as an H-Back. These are crucial guys in the pros now and stand to make big money. Lots of teams - think Cincy, Houston, NE, et al - use 1 back, 2TE and 2WR formations a heck of a lot.

I'm down with that. I think what I was trying to convey is that I don't see him being much of a blocking option. Not that he can't do it. Just that a kid who runs and moves that well needs to be catching passes.

would a really bad season by our basketball team influence his decision? how serious is he about basketball? i hope he's more serious about his football future........

would a really bad season by our basketball team influence his decision? how serious is he about basketball? i hope he's more serious about his football future........

Well if he's in by December that should be before we get to our ACC schedule.

Advertisement
My goodness what a weapon.

Between this dude, Sandland, and Dobard, we should be automatic in the red zone.

Advertisement
Well Barry Jackson reported that UM said that NCAA rules will not allow Griffin to come in and play basketball this year. I have not tried to verify that report so TIFWIW. We just need him to buckle down and get his grades and scores up. Kid has a lot of potential NFL money on the line, if he makes it in and plays to his potential.

Fingers crossed because he looks like a real difference maker. I love where his head is at.

Would be nice to get him here for spring practice. Is he going to play basketball the 2nd part of the season?

Advertisement
Back