Gregory Rousseau #6 in mock draft.

It’s ridiculous. And coming from where some of us come from, it especially rubs me the wrong way because I understand the pressures of being that provider and/or being so close to life changing money. If anything, people should be ****ed at the staff for Greg not being a starter from the first snap last year. Dude is clearly a great ambassador for the program and an easy sell on the trail for developing a 3 star who didn’t even play this position in HS into a Top 10 draft pick. The energy and backlash around him leaving and his draft stock generally is just off. Dude gave more blood, sweat and tears to the the program than 99.9999% of the board and is going to be a very high draft pick in the spring. Yes, it sucks that he left but COVID opened the door for a lot of these elite players to make business decisions. Not mad at the kid one bit and I hope he’s an All-Pro in the league. It only benefits Miami.
I think a lot of the friction we see between points like Rousseau's decision, Manny's future, and things like that really highlight the difference between alum and fans. It might be more correct to say those who love the U and those who are just fans of the football team. A while back, @CashMoneyCane mentioned this in response to someone saying something ridiculous and it planted the seed in my head. Now I see it everywhere.

Rousseau opts out. They don't care that a Cane is going to do well, have a great career, and represent the school honorably. They only care that the team might suffer without him right now.

How many other mope/negative positions that people go back and forth over fall into this category?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back