Greg Cote: Fans! Chill on Criticizing Players enjoy UM start

Advertisement
That column is embarrassingly dumb, even by Cote's standards. I'm not going to parse every retarded notion he presented because I don't want this post to be longer than War and Peace, but one that really stuck out:

We should ignore Golden's last four years for some mysterious reason and give him a clean slate in 2015. BUT apparently we should make some sort of decision on him at the end of it, as opposed to ignoring year five and giving him a clean slate in 2016. What he's proposing is some cyclical process that if followed would result in nobody being fired ever.

Sports writers view the fans as idiots, ergo anything the fans say or want is stupid and thus Cote who fancies himself as intelligent has to be on the other side, above the fray, wagging a finger at the dumb fans for being dumb and saying dumb things.

**** off Greg you decrepit old ****.

I haven't lived in South Florida since 88 so I'm not very familiar with all the local journalists. I think I remember this guy. Is Greg Cote the guy that did NFL picks for the Herald and had some lame schtick like " The Upset Bird Squaks" or something like that?

I haven't lived in South Florida since 88 so I'm not very familiar with all the local journalists. I think I remember this guy. Is Greg Cote the guy that did NFL picks for the Herald and had some lame schtick like " The Upset Bird Squaks" or something like that?

No, that was Hammerin Hank Goldberg. He's no longer a journalist or commentator in South Florida and I believe he's retired at this point.

Advertisement
I already hate this guy. I hate him because he said how long it's been since Miami won a NC. Ignorance is bliss. I know it's been a long time but living by the "it's been some time" and not put actual time length into it

**** him
Fire him

Cote ignores the 800lb Gorilla in the room: After seeing the 'Canes performance against two seriously weak opponents, would any sane person with a modicum of football knowledge predict Miami will have success against top tier competion? Middle tier competition?

Agree with Tad, too many glazed on the brain.

Heaven knows that Miami football fans cheering for and frustrated by our two biggest teams have had abundant reasons to become jaded over the past decade-plus.

The Hurricanes have begun their 14th season since last winning a national championship, give little indication of mastering the Atlantic Coast Conference, and last year sunk to meet the indignity of a once-unthinkable losing record.

So I get it. Fans end too many seasons disappointed and find that bitterness grows in them like weeds in what used to be fields of hope. The attitude becomes calloused.

This causes many to generally mistrust success — the weird phenomenon we are seeing at the moment on both sides of the pro/college aisle.

The Hurricanes have started the season 2-0, but apparently beating two smaller, lesser opponents by a combined score of 89-20 isn’t good enough, either.

As many of you know I conduct post-game polls in my blog each week with the University of Miami Football fans. When last I checked, combining those who voted they were “very” or “somewhat” satisfied, the Hurricanes satisfaction approval after two games was running at 34.5 percent .

Those results surely aren’t scientific, but they strike me as an accurate reflection.

With Hurricanes fans it’s rather complicated. I opine that so many have come to see coach Al Golden as the problem that they’d rather UM struggle and get Golden fired than UM win and Golden stay. Not most fans, I’d hope, for the sake of sanity, but many.

What Miami Dolfans have in common, whether they prefer their games on Saturdays or Sundays, is what must be a nation-leading tendency to excessively parse results.

We want to conduct microsurgery on every victory, looking for flaws.

We want to dock credit because the opponents were inferior instead of giving credit for the local teams simply doing what needed to be done.

Quit complaining when there is no real cause.

Do your blood pressure a favor. Try to let go of the baggage of past years and attempt a clean-slate approach of judging a team and its coach by now, by this season.

Give yourself a break.

Give your team and players a break.

And, yes, give coach Al Golden a break. [**** naw, fly the freaking banner ==> RETURN UM TO COMPETING FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS--BBB ]

There is no shame or cause for panic in UM beating Bethune-Cookman and Florida Atlantic they way it did. The sluggish start against FAU was entirely foreseeable from an emotional and human nature standpoint. It was the biggest home game in FAU history, while, for Miami, it was merely the perfunctory game before the one circled in red this Saturday vs. Nebraska.

There will be a time for Hurricanes fans to complain and be disappointed this season. That’s inevitable. There will be losses that turn the heat valve up on both head coaches.

For Golden that may even happen this Saturday vs. Nebraska’s Cornhuskers.

Losses will happen.

But until an unreasonable number of them do, how about we enjoy the good start to this season and quit kvetching and bltching over how it could have been better.

Losses usually don't happen to the national champs. Maybe 1 but typically the unbeaten's go to the NC game. This guy is a douche. He's expecting losses just like the sorry a$$ admin we have.

Advertisement
The god **** fans were booing at half time. Al Golden was trending on Twitter during the FAU game for how terrible we were playing. That 89-20 total score over two games is the most deceptive thing I've ever read.

Yes, that is Cote.

Advertisement
Because you're ****ing embarrasing?

We are the embarrassing ones. Not the staff that just went 6-7 with maybe the most talented roster in CFB. Got it.

Who said that? You're fighting embarrassment with embarrassment. There's not a single person out there saying they hurricanes are 6-7 but at least their fans treat them like **** for it. Good for them....gtfoh with that ****.

Advertisement
This board is truly interesting and an actual display of how humans don't live in reality but rather in their biased delusional worlds. It explains so much about how humans do things that other people just marvel at. Its literally the a highlight clip of the worst singers ever to show up on reality shows. Where they cant believe that the judges say they suck when they are convinced they are awesome and they're so bad you think they are mentally ill.

Like why do writers care what fans think? Really that's a hard one to figure out? Do you understand that news papers are actually in business to sell stories. You guys come in here every single day to obsess over Al Golden but you have no clue why a writer would write a story about it. That some dense shiat right there.

Also this delusion that Miami will win as soon as they get rid of Golden is funny. Do you even know this administration? Do you even know that no one of any real worth (that would satisfy you) will want the Miami job? Like this administration is going to hire a coach that got booted for NCAA issues and all other coaches are beating down the door to come to Miami and coach for a bargain price and deal with all of the Miami problems. Somehow you think that this administration will have the ability to bring in another coach who will save this program? A massive delusion that's backed by no facts and previous history all but tells you what will happen. It will just be another 5 years of some BS. But that's all you guys want, 5 more years of lame *** coaching and having to rebuild recruiting from the ground up. The chances of actually getting someone in here that works as hard as Al is about as slim as us winning our division this year.

I now Miami football is in a bad place but I can tell you this it has as much to do with other factors as it does the coach and the negativity by its fans is up at the top of the list. Likely in the top3 with a bad defensive scheme that south florida boys cant seem to get and a lack of play makers on defense.

And for the dudes that have stopped watching Miami games until Golden is fired. I really don't know what I want more, another DC or Al to get a long contract so you guys can go find another team to obsess over.

And I don't read your delusional replies, so suck it you crying biatches.

And, yes, give coach Al Golden a break.

xd8000.gif

This board is truly interesting and an actual display of how humans don't live in reality but rather in their biased delusional worlds. It explains so much about how humans do things that other people just marvel at. Its literally the a highlight clip of the worst singers ever to show up on reality shows. Where they cant believe that the judges say they suck when they are convinced they are awesome and they're so bad you think they are mentally ill.

Like why do writers care what fans think? Really that's a hard one to figure out? Do you understand that news papers are actually in business to sell stories. You guys come in here every single day to obsess over Al Golden but you have no clue why a writer would write a story about it. That some dense shiat right there.

Also this [2]delusion that Miami will win as soon as they get rid of Golden is funny. Do you even know this administration? Do you even know that no one of any real worth (that would satisfy you) will want the Miami job? Like this administration is going to hire a coach that got booted for NCAA issues and all other coaches are beating down the door to come to Miami and coach for a bargain price and deal with all of the Miami problems. [3] Somehow you think that this administration will have the ability to bring in another coach who will save this program? A massive delusion that's backed by no facts and previous history all but tells you what will happen. It will just be another 5 years of some BS. But that's all you guys want, 5 more years of lame *** coaching and having to rebuild recruiting from the ground up. The chances of actually getting someone in here that works as hard as Al is about as slim as us winning our division this year.
I now Miami football is in a bad place but I can tell you this it has as much to do with other factors as it does the coach [1]and the negativity by its fans is up at the top of the list. Likely in the top3 with a bad defensive scheme that south florida boys cant seem to get and a lack of play makers on defense.

And for the dudes that have stopped watching Miami games until Golden is fired. I really don't know what I want more, another DC or Al to get a long contract so you guys can go find another team to obsess over.

And I don't read your delusional replies, so suck it you crying biatches.

[1] If 100% of fans were negative there would be change where it is needed. If 100% of fans were sycophants like you then there would be no change because the BOT wouldn't make it. It's about money. There is no Opportunity Cost if there is no pushback. So I would argue, and easily, that all the positive-ho-hum fans are the greater cause of the problems at UM, not the negative ones.

[2] Who is saying that? Link? (that's what guys like you like to request when someone makes a claim like you just did). I don't think anyone believes it is an instant turn-around. But I don't think anyone complains when the ship is sinking and they get saved.

[3] This entire part is circular logic. The same leaders that you are giving no credit for making a good decision are the same ones that hired and kept Golden. It's like you are asking what is better: A Giant Douche or **** Sandwich? Your entire post is pointless.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back