Greentree Practice Updates. Redwine and Ahmonn BYKE & more.

Advertisement
I hope they don't rush back Donaldson. Mahoney and Gaynor are more than capable of filling his role. We'll need Donaldson for VT and ND.

I hope they don't rush back Donaldson. Mahoney and Gaynor are more than capable of filling his role. We'll need Donaldson for VT and ND.

Yup. GT was the biggest test of a D Line before we get to those VT and ND games and I thought the backups played fine. Would be nice to have Donaldson in some fashion against UNC just so he can get some game snaps before VT. But yes, I’d only play him if he’s 100%

young is our best cb.

Malek never turns his head and looks for the ball. Whenever someone throws his way I instantly am expecting pass interference. Dee looks like he has much better ball skills albeit on a limited sample size from what we have seen.

Excited for Delaney to return now? lolol Fickle group.

AR and Pinck will get limited snaps this week. Gotta have them full tilt on Nov 4th.
Or people are making sensible observations. He looked awful in his first game and since has improved and his last game had an INT and some nice tackles. Considering how bad our other DBs are and how Syracuse like to throw it, I'd say we should be excited.

Advertisement
young is our best cb.

I disagree. Young has excellent cover skills but doesn’t have the physicality, yet, to match up well against big WRs. He also needs to improve his tackling, often doesn’t wrap, and can get trucked by strong runners. Delaney has been on a steep learning curve and was burned a few times early, but he’s a very good tackler, and the coaches trust him enough that he’s often in man coverage against the opponent’s best WR. He pretty much shut down Tate against FSU. He would be very helpful for us against that big WR from Cuse...

Reading those updates, sound good.. Long as none of the injuries were major or serious ones!! NOW lets see who is healthy enough to suit up Saturday, I would like to see AR82 back in the lineup.. "One Week at a Time"

Last edited:
Advertisement
We beat GT with very shorthanded team, that is good news. That it looks like we are getting back to full strength is great news. That our backups got extra experience and won a last second game is frigging awesome news. More kids now KNOW they can win when down, in nasty conditions, and even coaching decisions that don't work(Mark still has some of the St. Bobby find a way to lose when the Canes are on the field in him). That our kids are better than that is the surest indication that we are father along the path to return than most realize. The U has always been all about the players with decent coaching that can get out of the way when it matters. So far so good.

Harris had earned a starting role before Toledo so he might get another shot.

We beat GT with very shorthanded team, that is good news. That it looks like we are getting back to full strength is great news. That our backups got extra experience and won a last second game is frigging awesome news. More kids now KNOW they can win when down, in nasty conditions, and even coaching decisions that don't work(Mark still has some of the St. Bobby find a way to lose when the Canes are on the field in him). That our kids are better than that is the surest indication that we are father along the path to return than most realize. The U has always been all about the players with decent coaching that can get out of the way when it matters. So far so good.
Yep ga tech is a good team. Won 11 out of their last 13 games and we absolutely shut down their qb who has been putting up good numbers

Advertisement
Yep ga tech is a good team. Won 11 out of their last 13 games and we absolutely shut down their qb who has been putting up good numbers

Yeap. I expected to beat them easily since we usually do win and are much better team. They play over their heads with no turnovers and I think only one penalty. After the nole win we were prime upset bait too. Still we pulled it out in last second for second time in two weeks. Normally, close lots of close wins like that mean you have problems but not us right now. We need to learn how to win again and it looks like we have. That is the crucial skill that is not related to talent and cannot be taught. These kids seem to have mastered it, or have a firm grip on it. I am starting to think that can get Mark over his personal hump and bring us another NC. Every game is the biggest of the year now.

Advertisement
young is our best cb.

Malek never turns his head and looks for the ball. Whenever someone throws his way I instantly am expecting pass interference. Dee looks like he has much better ball skills albeit on a limited sample size from what we have seen.

This guy also complains about hot girls' pointy elbows.

Can be off putting in public but not when she phucks

Advertisement
Back