Greatest UM Bowl Games

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

Since it’s the eve of a bowl game, let’s review memorable UM Bowl games. My #1:
January 2, 1984 my boy Bernie and the Canes give college football a wake up call and upset Nebraska in the OB, winning the first NC in UM history. Great game and just the start of 10 of the best years in college football history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
January 2, 1984 my boy Bernie and the Canes give college football a wake up call and upset Nebraska in the OB and win the first NC in UM history. Great game and just the start of 10 of the best years in college football history.
THIS

1983 OB NC vs Nebraska. The first is always the best.
1987 OB NC vs Oklahoma. Redemption for the 1986 Fiesta Bowl loss.
2001 RB NC vs Nebraska. Resurrection after Probation Era, with the greatest modern CFB team. And, I was at the game.
2000 SB vs Florida. Dominated in-state hated rival who cancelled decades-long series 13 years prior. Would be 2 if it were a NC game.
1990 CB vs Texas. Complete domination from opening kickoff. Would be 2 or 3 if it where a NC game.

January 2, 1984 my boy Bernie and the Canes give college football a wake up call and upset Nebraska in the OB, winning the first NC in UM history. Great game and just the start of 10 of the best years in college football history.
Mic drop.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
January 2, 1984 was not only the greatest Canes game of all time but the greatest game of all time.
Can you imagine if this board existed in 1983! The boys would have run Howard and Bernie out of town after losing the opener 28-3 to the Gates. I’d say Bernie grew into his role.

He byke!

Advertisement
January 2, 1984 was not only the greatest Canes game of all time but the greatest game of all time.
Canes had a TE by the name of Glenn Dennison who was a favorite target of Bernie and caught 2 td passes in the title game. Glenn was from Beaver Falls, PA same hometown as Joe Namath and not far from the birthplace of Jim Kelly

#1 2001 Sugar Bowl
#2 1991 Cotton Bowl
I second the 01 Sugar Bowl. One reason is because I was there, but the real reason was the amount of motivation and anger this team utilized as a result of being snubbed of the BCS championship and carried that over into the NC season.

My least memorable was whatever sponsor Citrus Bowl in 2013 against Louisville. I just got hammered as Bridgewater torched us.

The outlaws were after me but my boys came to the rescue! The famed:
1609210611895.jpeg

Ruthless Posse! Even the CIS All Stars know better than to mess with The Posse and what that might bring to the table! Warning: Speaking of Bowl games the 92 OB, NC#4, could have been about 45-0 If not for a few flags and Coach E calling off the dogs. That defense was lethal. Now if I bring out a locker room photo from after that game it will be in top 2 all time CIS photos in history. That was a funny crew! I’d have to get dispensation from higher ups!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I second the 01 Sugar Bowl. One reason is because I was there, but the real reason was the amount of motivation and anger this team utilized as a result of being snubbed of the BCS championship and carried that over into the NC season.

My least memorable was whatever sponsor Citrus Bowl in 2013 against Louisville. I just got hammered as Bridgewater torched us.

I thought the LSU Peach Bowl was worse, if only because standards were higher at the time.

Advertisement
Canes had a TE by the name of Glenn Dennison who was a favorite target of Bernie and caught 2 td passes in the title game. Glenn was from Beaver Falls, PA same hometown as Joe Namath and not far from the birthplace of Jim Kelly
Both not that far from Youngstown.

We never recruit those areas anymore.

They used to be our bread-and-butter decades ago.

There is so much more speed down south, especially in Florida.

Advertisement
Back