Greatest player you've seen in each sport?

Advertisement
Southern Italy...I don’t trust them northern ****ers lol
Yankee Fan (Although 69 Mets were a childhood Love)
Hate the Jets
Hate the Giants
Lifetime Knicks fan (Clyde is my idol)
Although, If ever see John Starks in an Alley...I'm throwing a Brick at his ***...and Ewing???....Id like too FingerRoll a Boulder on his Gargantuan Head...

Baseball - Trout or Pujols in his prime
Hoops - mike
Football - Jerry Rice
College hoops - Laettner
College football - Reggie Bush or ST26
Hockey - never watched
Golf - prime tiger
Tennis - roger and you can’t discount Serena
Reggie Bush was filthy in college. Most exciting player at the college level period.

Floyd Mayweather jr
Ken Griffey Jr.
Tiger Woods
Serena Williams
Venus Williams

Ray Lewis
Sean Taylor
Ed Reed
Tom Brady
Julio Jones
Julius Peppers
Marshawn Lynch
Deion Sanders
Charles Woodson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss

Lebron James
Allen Iverson
Michael Jordan
Kwahi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Kobe Bryant
Shaq

Floyd Mayweather jr
Ken Griffey Jr.
Tiger Woods
Serena Williams
Venus Williams

Ray Lewis
Sean Taylor
Ed Reed
Tom Brady
Julio Jones
Julius Peppers
Marshawn Lynch
Deion Sanders
Charles Woodson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss

Lebron James
Allen Iverson
Michael Jordan
Kwahi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Kobe Bryant
Shaq

I was expecting something like
Shaq Qaurterman
Malik Rosier
Mark Walton
Mike Pickney
Jaquan Johnson

Angel Rodriguez
Dewan Huell

Advertisement
Bossy was as Good as Lemieux....Gretzky said Quote..."If Bossy would have played with me, he'd be the Greatest Ever" (and he only played 10yrs (78-87)
I only know what my eyes told me. Bossy was great. In all honesty, for peak performance, Jagr had a couple seasons where he was as good as anyone. And Lemieux too. And those guys were big.

Greatest players in each sport during my time (Born in 92)

MLB-Griffey Jr.
NFL-Brady
NHL-Ovechkin (Hoping Nikita Kucherov eventually takes the reigns)
NBA-Jordan
CFB-Sean Taylor
CBB-Khalil Greene
CBball-I have no ******* clue. The one and done and 3-4 year player kinda makes it hard to choose.

If Mickey Mantle didnt play at 70% (Hurt knee his rookie yr) his entire career this convo would be void....
Willie Mays - best baseball player

But, Mantle was truly terrifying. I was a Washington Senator fan, so a lot of guys were scary for me, but Mantle was on another level. Without the leg problems, it would be hard to choose between Mays and Mantle.

Best pure hitter? Ted Williams hands down.

Advertisement
Willie Mays - best baseball player

But, Mantle was truly terrifying. I was a Washington Senator fan, so a lot of guys were scary for me, but Mantle was on another level. Without the leg problems, it would be hard to choose between Mays and Mantle.

Best pure hitter? Ted Williams hands down.
Williams always maintained Dimaggio was better....to go 56 straight games with a hit....then 16 more after a hitless game is so Extraordinary I don't know where to even start....Original Yankee Stadium had a 460' Centerfield back then...with 435' Power alleys which is absurd....If The Original Yankee Stadium had dimensions that current Yankee Stadium has...Both Ruth and Dimaggio would have an extra 100 HRs....

Last edited:
Listen to those posting multiple names, you are soiling the spirit of the thread. The whole point it to pick 'the greatest". That means one, not 17.

That is the fun of it, and dare I say....the challenge!

Post on CIS brothers

Williams always maintained Dimaggio was better....to go 56 straight games with a hit....then 16 more after a hitless game is so Extraordinary I don't know where to even start....Original Yankee Stadium had a 460' Centerfield back then...with 435' Power alleys which is absurd....If The Original Yankee Stadium back then had dimensions that current Yankee Stadium has...Both Ruth and Dimaggio would have an extra 100 HRs....

NBA: MJ
NFL: Tom Brady
NHL: Gretzky
MLB: Bonds (although he cheated)
NCAAF: Ed Reed
NCAAB: KD (not a big CB fan)
Boxing: Ali

Did someone really put Kobe over MJ? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** ya bro. No juice in those days either. No chance he was eating the crazy diets they eat now. MFer was probably sipping beers for breakfast and smoking cigs in the dugout.

Maybe that's the key as crazy it seems

Some of the highest strung "get sh*t done" people I've ever met are functioning alcoholics

I just met a 70 year old army corp of engineers that fits this to the bill. Guy is in GREAT shape and drinks like a fish

My dad used to go through a 60-80 beers a week and he's 73 and can jog just fine. He still drinks like a machine, physically the doctors say he's in **** near perfect health

I remember seeing on the news about some 100+ year old who was still getting along decently fine saying the key was a 5th of whiskey a day.

There was another guy on the news who was approaching 80 and in similar situations as above, the news interviewed this guy and asked him what his secret was expecting some herbs or some stuff you'd expect a doctor to say... his answer? "oh wow... yah I did a lot of drinking, a LOT of drinking, a lot of smoking, did a LOT of partying..."

I agree that testosterone was different back then tho

NFl- Lawrence Taylor
CFB- Barry Sanders
NBA- Jordan, Magic, Bird
MLB- Nolan Ryan
Wrestling- Old School 4 Horsemen
Olympics- 1980 US Hockey Team
Soccer- Maradona
College Basketball- Patrick Ewing
College Baseball- Charles Johnson

College football: Bar Milo. Not sure about the rest. I’d have to think about that one. Back to bed.

Advertisement
NBA - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Shaq O'Neal, Allen Iverson

NFL - Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Sean Taylor, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders

MLB - Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Vladimir Guerrero, Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffey Jr, Andruw Jones, Roberto Clemente, Manny Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson

Olympic Wrestling - Alexander Karelin, John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Buvaisar Saitiev, Bruce Baumgartner, Cael Sanderson, Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Hamid Sourian

Martial Arts - Ip Man, Chu Shong Tin, Bruce Lee, Masahiko Kimura, Mas Oyama, Kano Jigoro, Mitsuyo Maeda, Helio Gracie, Rolls Gracie, Rigan Machado, Jean Jacques Machado, Chuck Norris

Muay Thai - Dany Bill, Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukaran, Samart Payakaroon, Kaensak Sor Ploenchit, Saenchai

Boxing - Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Julian Jackson, Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker

Track & Field - Florence Girffith Joyner, Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee

X Games - Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Travis Pastrana, Ishod Wair, Jamie Bestwick, Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Nigel Sylvester, Nyjah Huston, Kareem Campbell, Darren Harper, Karl Watson, Stevie Williams
Beltre?

Ok, players I've seen IN PERSON that would make my list ..... doesn't mean they are GOAT, and it doesn't mean the teams they played on were GOAT, or that I even liked them. but probably it means they are in that group deserving of recognition or consideration ....
NFL - (tie) Marino, LT
CFB - (tie) Sean Taylor, Bryant McKinnie, Andrew Luck
High School FB (tie) - Freddie Miles, Freddie Miles, Freddie Miles
College Baseball - (tie) Pat Burrell, Brooks Kieschnick
NBA - Jordan (that one was easy)
College Basketball - Jason Williams
MLB - (tie) A-Rod, Greg Maddux
NHL - Gretzky, Dominik Hasek
Men's Tennis (tie) - Connors, Federer
Women's Tennis (tie) - Martina, Serena
Lacrosse - (tie) Dave Pietramala, Gary Gait
Skiing (tie) Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller

Last edited:
NFL - Ray Lewis
NBA - MJ
MLB - Bo Jackson
NHL - Mario Lemieux
CFB - Sean Taylor (standing in a monsoon in Tally, ****ing down my own leg to stay warm!)
CBB - Alex Fernandez
NCAABB - Carmelo Anthony

My guys are athletes i grew up watching.

NBA: Kobe
Boxing: Tyson
CFB: Barry Sanders
NFL: Barry Sanders
Athlete: Bo Knows

You grew up watching Tyson so you clearly watched sports in the 80’s/90’s and you have Kobe over Mike?

Advertisement
Back