Greatest player you've seen in each sport?

In my family we’ve had lots of names whacked at Ellis island....riccio to rich. Gaudio to goudy. **** made sense. Gugliemo? B, Id kill the mother ****** who put Willie on my papers....

Facts bro. I know what you mean. I know a lot of dudes with the same thing they shortened their first and last name on the island to make it sound more american to help them get jobs back when NYC was mad racist to immigrants.

I got the same thing with a lot of my boys from the islands. Dude will be like ya my name is Tom. Then you hit a club with dude and his ID says his name is Linford. lmao.

Advertisement
NBA - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Shaq O'Neal, Allen Iverson

NFL - Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Sean Taylor, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders

MLB - Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Vladimir Guerrero, Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffey Jr, Andruw Jones, Roberto Clemente, Manny Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson

Olympic Wrestling - Alexander Karelin, John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Buvaisar Saitiev, Bruce Baumgartner, Cael Sanderson, Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Hamid Sourian

Martial Arts - Ip Man, Chu Shong Tin, Bruce Lee, Masahiko Kimura, Mas Oyama, Kano Jigoro, Mitsuyo Maeda, Helio Gracie, Rolls Gracie, Rigan Machado, Jean Jacques Machado, Chuck Norris

Muay Thai - Dany Bill, Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukaran, Samart Payakaroon, Kaensak Sor Ploenchit, Saenchai

Boxing - Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Julian Jackson, Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker

Track & Field - Florence Girffith Joyner, Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee

X Games - Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Travis Pastrana, Ishod Wair, Jamie Bestwick, Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Nigel Sylvester, Nyjah Huston, Kareem Campbell, Darren Harper, Karl Watson, Stevie Williams
”There they go... with Rocky Marciano”.

25516A01-69D2-47E5-97C4-A5382372E990.jpeg

Facts bro they were real men back then. Same with the old school boxers like Sullivan. Dude drank a 30 pack inbetween rounds while going 75 rounds with Killian. DOn't make them like that anymore. The test comment is about as real as you could get too. People forget about that piece of info when comparing the OGs to the new dudes. For sure though. It goes the other way too. You got new school guys that could compete with the OGs, but some young dudes think the new guys would spank the old school dudes no question.

Completely different environmental conditions and food supply quality.

Got our generation drinking Similac because their mothers hormones to out of whack to make milk.

If It wasn’t for the training, there would be no way to compete with those guys.

Crazy times we live in.

Advertisement
Facts bro. I know what you mean. I know a lot of dudes with the same thing they shortened their first and last name on the island to make it sound more american to help them get jobs back when NYC was mad racist to immigrants.

I got the same thing with a lot of my boys from the islands. Dude will be like ya my name is Tom. Then you hit a club with dude and his ID says his name is Linford. lmao.

Lmao! I have Asians who work for me. No disrespect to K9 but their real name looks like the #9 combo on the menu. They go by Kelly or Peter? The **** is that ****? Mother ****** at least have it make sense! I’m Luigi, I go by Louie...

And back then, they had no choice neither. I hate when everyone wants to gripe about ****...these people had their name taken away. And you gonna be mad when the McRib goes away...

Basketball Scalabrine
Soccer Cameron Jerome
Football Jared Lorenzen
Baseball Rich Garces
Hockey Peter Worrell

There are lots of guys I suspect are better.

The stories I hear about Wilt are intriguing. Benching like 500 lbs, grabbing the top of the backboard, running like Bolt. Wish I could have actually watched his games. Often think about if all those great centers of the 90s could compete with him. Shaq vs Wilt in their primes. Man.....

I always heard about how dominant Cortez Kennedy was but Seattle sucked and I never got to see there games except when Bo was running ape sh*t over them.

Jerome Brown was serious business but Reggie White was getting more splash plays then he died tragically.

Sap was the man but the Becca gave up to much in the run game when he was there.

I just missed the Laker- Celtic classics. I was introduced to the nba by the wars between Jordan and the Bad Boy Pistons. Birds back was killing him and I only saw some of his exploits on espn classic.

People always talk about Reggie Bush but I hardly watched usc unless it was a really big game.

The only thing I can compare to the excitement of Vick are the Barry Sanders ok st highlights and Peter Warwick embarrassing everybody he played with limited touches.

Dude was running 80 yard touchdowns and throwing it 60-70 yards in the air. Never seen anything like it before or after.
The Entire Steeler DL are in the NFL HOF....and 2 LBers too boot....

Advertisement
There are lots of guys I suspect are better.

The stories I hear about Wilt are intriguing. Benching like 500 lbs, grabbing the top of the backboard, running like Bolt. Wish I could have actually watched his games. Often think about if all those great centers of the 90s could compete with him. Shaq vs Wilt in their primes. Man.....

I always heard about how dominant Cortez Kennedy was but Seattle sucked and I never got to see there games except when Bo was running ape sh*t over them.

Jerome Brown was serious business but Reggie White was getting more splash plays then he died tragically.

Sap was the man but the Becca gave up to much in the run game when he was there.

I just missed the Laker- Celtic classics. I was introduced to the nba by the wars between Jordan and the Bad Boy Pistons. Birds back was killing him and I only saw some of his exploits on espn classic.

People always talk about Reggie Bush but I hardly watched usc unless it was a really big game.

The only thing I can compare to the excitement of Vick are the Barry Sanders ok st highlights and Peter Warwick embarrassing everybody he played with limited touches.

Dude was running 80 yard touchdowns and throwing it 60-70 yards in the air. Never seen anything like it before or after.
The Entire 70s Steeler DL are in the NFL HOF....and 2 LBers too boot

Lmao! I have Asians who work for me. No disrespect to K9 but their real name looks like the #9 combo on the menu. They go by Kelly or Peter? The **** is that ****? Mother ****** at least have it make sense! I’m Luigi, I go by Louie...

And back then, they had no choice neither. I hate when everyone wants to gripe about ****...these people had their name taken away. And you gonna be mad when the McRib goes away...
I was Lucky......Moms maiden name was Federico...They left it alone...Lol....

NBA - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Shaq O'Neal, Allen Iverson

NFL - Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Sean Taylor, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders

MLB - Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Vladimir Guerrero, Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffey Jr, Andruw Jones, Roberto Clemente, Manny Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson

Olympic Wrestling - Alexander Karelin, John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Buvaisar Saitiev, Bruce Baumgartner, Cael Sanderson, Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Hamid Sourian

Martial Arts - Ip Man, Chu Shong Tin, Bruce Lee, Masahiko Kimura, Mas Oyama, Kano Jigoro, Mitsuyo Maeda, Helio Gracie, Rolls Gracie, Rigan Machado, Jean Jacques Machado, Chuck Norris

Muay Thai - Dany Bill, Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukaran, Samart Payakaroon, Kaensak Sor Ploenchit, Saenchai

Boxing - Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Julian Jackson, Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker

Track & Field - Florence Girffith Joyner, Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee

X Games - Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Travis Pastrana, Ishod Wair, Jamie Bestwick, Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Nigel Sylvester, Nyjah Huston, Kareem Campbell, Darren Harper, Karl Watson, Stevie Williams

Sat with Haglers wife in the second row ringside for both of his fights in Boston Garden. Mom was best friends with all the Petronelli's and my girlfriend use to babysit Haglers kids. The loudest crowd I've ever heard by far. Should have never given Leonard the bigger gloves, bigger ring and the 12 round fight instead of 15, big mistake. Saw all of Maciano's fights on the old tape 45 years ago, went to school with a bunch of his nephews all tough as nail kids.

Martial Arts. You forgot Billy Blanks. https://www.usadojo.com/billy-blanks/ 8 degree black belt. The first time I met him was in El Toritos in Braintree MA. I was on stage dancing with a couple hotties on the way down he gave me a high five. LMAO. He had a studio in Quincy where I had my business. At one point he use to bodyguard a few singers, got me and a couple of friends into a few of the shows for free. Nice guy so was Hagler. Hagler trained as hard as any human could have, he made Brockton Proud.

LMFAO you got me dying over here bro.

Oh schit. I didn't even know about that. I heard some of them had names mispelled at the island and it just stuck, but I didn't realize they were doing it on purpose and schit. I know a few old school Italians and greeks though that told me about their parents purposely changing names to fit in better with the americans to help them get jobs, but I didn't know about the other part. Thats fvcked up .

Advertisement

DEAD

LMFAO you got me dying over here bro.

Oh schit. I didn't even know about that. I heard some of them had names mispelled at the island and it just stuck, but I didn't realize they were doing it on purpose and schit. I know a few old school Italians and greeks though that told me about their parents purposely changing names to fit in better with the americans to help them get jobs, but I didn't know about the other part. Thats fvcked up .

I think you could change if you wanted to assimilate. But like you said, they ****ed **** up al the time....mi chiamo riccio. Ok rich here you go! ****ers

Advertisement
I think you could change if you wanted to assimilate. But like you said, they ****ed **** up al the time....mi chiamo riccio. Ok rich here you go! ****ers

Ya I know a few dudes that had grandparents change it to assimilate and schit. I mean even now. If you see a name like Shaquisha on a resume. That ***** probably going right in the garbage. lmao.

Advertisement
Back