Highlights greatest catches in UM history, but they get increasingly crazier

Advertisement
Langham catch to beat FSU deserves a mention. Big dude like that doing a 180 in stride with a DB all over him, make the catch, stay in bounds and score. No easy feat. Consider what was on the line in that game and its one of the all-time greats.

Langham’s catch against GT made the cut. His FSU grab could’ve been on there as well.

Did neither of you watch the video? 2:39 - 3:03, it’s one of the longest highlights.

There‘s a difference between greatest display of hands and most important.

Shockey‘s TD not only won the game it put an exclamation point on ‘Miami is Back!’. But it wasn’t some great display of skill.

Winlsow vs WVU, I agree. Great display of hands and allowed Miami to drive and win the game.

Hill vs Texas was just a bomb and showboating. I‘m assuming you’re referring to his post-catch gunfight in the tunnel. Classic Canes!
going for more of the actual catch and the meaning/significance was just added style points. but yeah, definitely missed a few, was compiling it for a few days.

What these great catches (and some great throws, come on Stephen Morris!!), tell us is that coaches can call the perfrect play but sometimes it just takes an exceptional player to make a play. Some poor throws end up as great catches. One handed grabs, Najeh going thru the defender, Santana all over the place.
But think about how many of those receivers, TE’s and RB’s played in the NFL. Almost all of them. We need the great players again to be great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never saw anything like Winslows catch. Brock threw behind him and high. Very few TEs (if any) make that twisting catch.

It was 3rd and 43... I don't recall a 4th and 20...
Yes ,
🙌 that’s it thank you ,

I was there , I can still picture it I love getting these things that triggers the legendary history of the glory days.

I knew I was off in explaining but my mind pictures these things vividly my long term is pretty good.

I’m sure there is a video of that play for the young folks here to really understand the Cane players mindset at that time of RINGS.

Thank you again

Advertisement
Any Miami list of any kind that doesn't include Corn Elder is basura
If you're talking about the play against Duke... that doesn't really count as a Catch... It was a kickoff return with a bunch of laterals.... Sure you have to catch a lateral but it doesn't fit in the context of the thread... all the players involved would have to get credit then, not the last guy to touch the ball.....still it was a crazy play...

Last edited:
Another Great Catch that often gets overlooked is Rocky Belks 63yd TD against ND in 1981. Picture perfect pass from Kelly, which arguably is the best pass in UM History.

Advertisement
Mel Braton in the championship against OU. This was my favorite catch until Winslow. That was unreal.

Advertisement
Back